Inside: Ornamental Tattoo Definition.
What is an Ornamental Tattoo?
The ornamental style of tattooing imitates wood carvings on the body. These images consist of lines, spirals, waves, and crosses, often united in patterns.
Such drawings look especially beautiful on a large scale, but small ornamental tattoos can also be successfully done.
Ornamental Tattoo Meaning
Ornamental tattoos, first of all, symbolize special protection. Many have amulets tattooed on their skin which they believe offers protection and helps in difficult situations.
Ornamental Tattoo Features
Here are a few features that help create ornamental tattoo designs.
- Clear, fine lines
- Using mainly black ink
- The tattoo is filled with various interlacing and nodes.
- Geometrical features like circles, squares, and triangles
- Popularly depicted of images of the sun, moon, ocean, or flowers.
Types of Ornament Tattoo Designs
Looking for some inspiration? Here are some designs to start.
More Tattoo Ideas
- Artistic Dragonfly Tattoo Ideas: Symbolizing transformations, change, and new life, the dragonfly is a tattoo design that will never go out of style. Adding lots of details with many lines and colors or opting for a more simple design, a dragonfly tattoo is beautiful. Whether you are in the midst of significant changes in your life or have experienced an awakening of some sort, a dragonfly tattoo is perfect for you. Don’t miss out on these stunning design ideas!
- Irezumi Tattoo – One unique tattooing practice that is common in Japanese art is irezumi. Basically, this traditional practice consists of tattooing large portions of your body with mythology, nature, religious symbols, and historical figures. They are extremely detailed tattoos, and it takes a lot of time to get one. You might have to schedule multiple appointments with your tattoo artist before it’s complete.
- Aztec Art Tattoos – Gaining popularity over the years, Aztec tattoo designs have become a common theme at many tattoo parlors. Aztec tattoos are symbolic of being a warrior and a leader in society. They are strong, bold, and brilliant works of art that should be displayed with honor. These creative Aztec tattoo ideas will get your imagination in high gear. Check them out!