Inside: What is a Tattoo Convention?
A tattoo convention is a meeting and exhibition for tattoo practitioners and enthusiasts from different shops and areas, as well as anyone who wishes to see the world of tattooing up close.
Tattoo Conventions for Artists:
If your a Tattoo artist the conventions are an absolute goldmine of contacts, clients, and a host of talented collaborators. As an aspiring tattoo artist, you can take part in seminars, workshops and learn new skills from the best in the business.
Are Tattoo Conventions Worth It?
Are Tattoos Cheaper at Conventions?
They are a Great Learning Experience
If you’re looking to become a tattoo artist or you already are then a convention is the perfect opportunity to learn from people better than you or that might be experienced in different techniques. You’ll find some of the best artists at conventions and many of them offer seminars and will be happy to give 5 minutes when they’re free to talk to you.
Tattoo Convention Etiquette
When walking around the convention be mindful that some of the artists are working & need to concentrate while tattooing so give them plenty of breathing room, while they get to work. But the great news is most are really happy to answer any questions & give you a time slot where you can drop by for a consultation.
Best Tattoo Convention Locations
1. Motor City Tattoo Festival – Detroit
2. Hell City Tattoo Festival – Columbus, Ohio
3. New England Tattoo Expo
4. Tattoo Collectors Expo – Texas
5. Villain Arts Tattoo Convention – Baltimore
6. Get Inked – Miami
7. Huntsvegas Tattoo Expo – Alabama
8. Villain Arts Tattoo Convention – Tour!
9. Middle of the Map Tattoo Convention
10. United Ink No Limits Tattoo Convention: New York
Learn More About Tattoos + Find Inspiration
- Tattoo Peeling Tips – Whether you’re covered in tattoos or you just got your first one, going through the peeling and flaking phase of tattoo healing can be highly unpleasant. Seeing large, colorful flakes of your tattoo peeling off may lead you to believe that your tattoo is losing color and ink or that something is wrong with it. However, tattoo peeling and flaking is a natural part of the healing process and is seldom something to worry about. But still — the more you can prevent it, the better.
- All About Autoclave – Autoclaves are also known as steam sterilizers and are typically used for healthcare or industrial applications. An autoclave is a machine that uses steam under pressure to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores on items that are placed inside a pressure vessel. The items are heated to an appropriate sterilization temperature for a given amount of time….
- Sleeve Filler Ideas – Perfecting a sleeve tattoo can take years of work, tons of inspiration and A LOT of time in the chair. But it’s totally worth it, right? I think so! When working on full sleeve designs you can often find yourself trying to fill those small spaces with ink that completes your sleeve perfectly. Finding the right art and designs for your sleeve tattoo is really the hardest part, I mean besides the pain. 😉 Here are 27 Tattoo Sleeve Filler Ideas for Women that we love.