Inside: 27 Barcode Tattoo Ideas For Individuality.
Barcodes are simply a system of inventory control that uses an optical scanner to read a series of vertical lines drawn or printed on a product.
The series of vertical lines on a product used in the bar-coding system is the idea behind the barcode tattoos. Over the years, this tattoo has gained significant popularity, and you are now more likely to see a person with a barcode as part of his or her tattoo collection.
So what does the barcode tattoo mean?
What is the Meaning of a Barcode Tattoo?
The most common meaning associated with these tattoos is individuality. As the human population continues to grow at an alarming rate it is now very difficult for a person to be noticed as an individual.
With all the technological advancement and progress in society, it is very difficult to be identified as an individual, and so some people will use these tattoos to represent their individuality.
Just like a barcode is associated with an individual product so will this tattoo be associated with the particular person who has it.
This tattoo is also sometimes meant to be ironic. The tattoos can be used to warn people that if we are not careful as a species we risk becoming a product ourselves.
Nowadays it’s all about products and making money and so there is a feeling that humanity is losing the essential traits and characteristics that make him human.
A barcode tattoo meaning can also be used a sign of protest against a culture where everyone wears the same clothes or listens to the same music. In this case, the tattoo is meant to help one stand out from the rest.
Barcode Tattoo Ideas
1. Blooming Barcode
3. Matching Barcode Tattoo Design
4. Barcode Design on Wrist
5. Top of Back Simple Barcode
6. Barcode with Design
7. Palm Tattoo Idea
Do Barcode Tattoos Work?
Many often wonder, can you scan a barcode tattoo? And the answer is yes! As long as the artist has been precise with their line work, your personalized barcode tattoo will be able to be picked up by a traditional scanner.
Barcode Neck Tattoos
8. Back of Neck Barcode Idea
10. Simple Back of the Neck Design
11. Side of Neck Tattoo
12. Large Barcode Neck Design
Things to Think about Before Getting a Barcode Designs
If you are doing a plan to get a barcode tattoo, you want to know that a bit like other tats, they will slowly blend out over time. All tattoos change with age, and if you’re not careful, you would possibly find yourself with one unattractive blob of black ink. Choose areas within the body that are flat so on maintain the right design for as long as possible.
- The tattoo would need to be precise, taking into consideration the very fact that skin moves and stretches. Plus, there’s this thing called aging and gravity.
- There are better locations than others on the body, like flat surfaces, just like the shoulders or back.
- The inked barcode could expand beneath the skin – there goes the white space!
- The most typical sort of barcode tattoo, the UPC, would require a body tattoo that measures approximately 2.5 inches in breadth.
- Code 128 barcode tattoo might be smaller in size – and adding a touch of short text beneath it’ll complete your “message.”
- QR code just could be the ticket.
Name in Barcode Tattoos
13. I Belong to You Ana
14. Made In Design
15. Heartbeat in Barcode
16. One of a Kind Design
17. Roman Numerals
18. Personalized Date
Unique Barcode Tattoo Designs
19. Pride Rainbow Barcode
20. Broken Barcode Design
21. Multicolored Barcode Design
22. UPC Chest Tattoo
23. Barcode of Trees
24. Unique Ankle Design
25. Bright Barcode Idea
26. Covering the Mouth
27. Classic Barcode Idea
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Sweet Peach Tattoo Designs + Ideas – Although it is more popular among women, the peach also looks good on men too. So, there isn’t much difference whether you’re a guy or a girl – a peach is a beautiful design that suits both. Usually, people choose colorful or even hyper-realistic small size tattoos. The most popular placements are hips, forearms, belly, chest, and feet. Take a look at our collection of peach tattoo ideas below. We are sure that you will find the inspiration for your next (or the first) tattoo.
- The Best Booty Tattoos + Designs – If you’re considering getting a sexy booty tattoo, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Whether you’re thinking of adorning your booty with a tiny and subtle design or making your entire butt a work of colorful art, there’s just something so captivating about it. For one thing, not everyone will get to see it, making the tattoo your delicious little secret. While it might not be the most conventional place to get inked, these booty tattoos prove that they’re anything but distasteful. In fact, a butt tattoo can be a permanent reminder of just how sexy you truly are.
- Dainty Hibiscus Tattoos – One of the most beautiful and dainty flowers is the hibiscus. When it comes to meaningful floral tattoos, hibiscus mostly takes the lead. This flower is more feminine and fits perfectly on women. The uniqueness of this particular flower is that It can sync with any other design very easily. You can also play with various colors to make it more personal.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.