Inside: 67 Name Cover Up Tattoo Ideas
Breakups can be very, very emotionally draining. Especially if you’re left with a permanent reminder of your ex on your body. Getting a tattoo design with your partner’s face, name, or initials inked is easier than getting rid of it.
Luckily, some crafty tattoo artists have the skills and creativity to turn them into something new, allowing them to let go of the past and move on.
We have come up with a list of name cover up tattoo ideas that were dedicated to their exes!
Name Cover Up Tattoo Ideas
1. Bye Conner
2. Sorry, Wendy: You stood no chance against the Mother of Dragons.
3. Later Edward: Crowns are a solid way to hide that ex and remind yourself of your own royalty.
4. Laura is Long gone: Get an owl to remind yourself of how much wiser you are now.
5. Raven: Slap on a raven who says “nevermore” to relationship regrets.
6. Patrick and Bonnie no more: Really celebrate the fact that you are now a free bird.
7. Bye Bye Ricardo
8. Initials: Allow smudgy initials to blossom into something new.
9. Camden Cover-Up: And get a few roses in honor of you and Camden being o-v-e-r.
10. Butterfly: Give faded hearts (both literally and metaphorically) a vibrant makeover!
11. Everything You Love: Disguise the past with everything you love instead.
12. See ya, Chris: Choose what makes you happiest and replace your ex with it.
13. Ring Cover-Up: Even tattoo wedding bands can be fixed.
14. Chris Cover-Up: Because diamonds may be forever, but Chris certainly wasn’t
Bye Bye Past, Hello New Ink
16. Shit Happens: When all else fails, you can just be honest.
17. Feather: Forget the past with this pretty feather tattoo.
19. Chole: The mountains are calling and we must go, sorry Chole.
20. See-ya Stacy: This beauty skull is the perfect cover-up!
22. Your Name: Mistakes were made, no biggy just scratch it out.
23. San Franciso: Ah yes. I’ve seen this before. You trade in Francesca for the wonderful city of San Francisco. San Francisco knows how to treat you right. San Francisco would never cheat on your with Dave.
24. Screw You
25. Rose: A rose cover-up is the best way to forget a loser ex!
26. Julia: A Cherry Blossom beauty!
28. Beautiful Butterfly: Forget your ex, think about all the new adventures.
29. Big Spider: Now, instead of getting spooked every time he sees that tattoo that reminded him of his ex, he’ll get spooked by this giant, scary spider instead! Honestly, that’s 100 percent worth it.
30.Void: Hilarious. Love a tattoo recipient with a sense of humor. Tayla may be voided in his heart and on his body, but I like to think she’s out there living her best life without a dumb tattoo of her ex’s name on her body at all.
Name Cover Up Tattoo Ideas Just for You
31. Rose: Glad JS was covered over with a big, beautiful rose.
32. Summer: This is great. I assume this person met Summer in barber school. Too bad it came time to cut Summer out of their life. But this little stick figure painter looks like he’s got it under control.
33. Faith: Whoa, this is clever. Frank became “faith” with a cross in front of it. This tattoo artist is a literal genius. I for one have total faith that, with this tattoo coverup, Frank will soon be completely erased from his ex’s memory.
34. Feather: Now, instead of his name, she has a huge, gorgeous feather, one that was definitely part of those wings she flapped to get the heck away from her ex. Now, when people ask her about it, she can be like, “Oh, it symbolizes my freedom… from a real jerk!”
35. Vroom Vroom: Look, the car was always the love of his life. Now he has the room to properly memorialize her. I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually broke up with Damla just so he could get the car tattoo without feeling guilty.
36. Will: You know that old saying… Where there’s a Will, there’s a way to cover up Will when he shatters your heart into a thousand pieces
37. Patrick: Doesn’t seem like Patrick panned out!
38. Gene: When the whole prince turns into a frog happen in reverse
39. Isaac: Talk about a diamond in the rough!
Moving On with New Ink
40. Flower Cover-Up
41. Jane: This guy traded in Jane for a way cool tribal tattoo!
42. Thron: Every rose has its thorn, hers just happen to be named Andy.
43. Sea Turtles & Shark
44. Free: She is free as a bird and free from Justin!
45. Darth: Perhaps the most epic cover-up of all, cover that ex’s name with the leader of the Dark Side.
46. Owl: Get an owl for a cover-up to show your new found wisdom!
48. Lotus: A big bold lotus never hurt anyone!
See more lotus tattoo ideas right here.
49. Another Beautiful Lotus
50. Diamond: Hide your broke heart with something a little more durable!
51. Storm Trooper
52. Hobby: Cover up your old past with your new favorite hobby!
53. Monarch: Your relationship may not have lasted forever, but your love of monarch butterflies probably will.
54. Floral Cover-Up
55. Galaxy: When you’re no longer star-crossed lovers, just get part of a galaxy.
56. Wings: You don’t need another person to give you wings!
57. Mythical: Get yourself a mythical figure to guide you through all of your heartache.
58. Fish: Eddy looks better as a fish!
Cover Up Tattoo Ideas
59. Royal: It’s time you realized you are royalty!
60. Strength: Now is the perfect time to flaunt your strength.
61. Lion Head
62. Be your own Anchor
63. One Love: You’re one love my be gone, but that just means you get to have way better ink now!
65. The Woods: This is one of my all-time favorite game over up tattoo ideas!
66. True Intrest: Now that they are broken up, the man can finally get the tattoo he originally wanted — an action-packed Batman scene. With Jessi out of the picture, he can pursue his comic book hobbies in peace.
67. Lighting the Load: Atonio’s name no longer hangs heavy on this woman’s heart. His memory is now light as a feather — a long blue feather with a yellow stem. That’s all that remains.
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Funny Tattoo Ideas – You consider yourself a pretty funny person so of course, you need a fun and funny tattoo to show the world you have a sense of humor and you don’t take yourself too seriously. Maybe it’s something that plays off a birthmark or a freckly. Maybe the tattoo is just a funny design. Where do you even begin? Seeing as you are reading this you are probably looking for some ideas to spark that perfect funny tattoo.
- Small Tattoo Ideas – Small tattoos for men can be significant or just a whim of an idea. Maybe you already have a sleeve full of ink or your back is full of tattoos that you can’t show off and you want just something small to show off. This may be your one and only tattoo and you really want to make it count, but you are trying to figure out where to start.