Inside: 53 Pinky Promise Tattoo Ideas For Your BFF.
A pinky promise tattoo is a symbol that has a great amount of meaning behind a small image. It’s a good emblem for close friendship or bonds.
Swear on it for good with these best friend tattoo inspirations.
To make a pinky promise, or pinky swear is a traditional gesture most commonly practiced amongst children. It involves the locking of the pinkies of two people to signify that a promise has been made.
Having that shared design with a friend is the perfect bff tattoo idea. Or use these pinky promise tattoo ideas as a promise to yourself. Check out our favorite design ideas and find inspiration for your next tattoo session.
Pinky Promise Tattoo Meaning
Many cultures have a concept of the pinky promise or pinky swear. It’s when you lock your pinky finger with someone and promise them. And keeping that promise is all that friendship is about! If you dare to break the promise, your pinky will break too. In Japan, the saying about a pinky promise says you’ll have to eat a thousand needles! Which one is worse?!
Pinky Promise Tattoo Ideas
Any artistic souls out there looking for a unique tattoo pinky promise? We got your back! Big or small, these creative tattoo designs of the pinky promise are great for any placement you pick. Switch it up a little with different colored inks too!
1. Simple Pinky Promise Outline Designs
2. Back of Arm Pinky Swear Tattoo
3. Pinky Promise with Heart Outline
4. Promise Tattoo on Rib
5. Painted Nails Pinky Swear Design
6. Black and White Ink Hands
7. Matching Back of Arm Pinky Promise
8. Bicep Tattoo of Pinky Promise Outline
9. Magical Pinky Promise Design
Best Friend Pinky Promise Tattoo Designs
Looking for amazing matching tattoos to symbolize friendship or partnership? We got you covered with this charming ‘where you lead I will follow’ pinky promise tattoo! Get it done on your forearm or close to heart as a promise to always be there for each other!
10. Matching Back of Arm Pinking Swear Outlines
11. Small Pinky Promise
12. Sketched Matching Tattoos
13. Temporary Pinky Promise Tattoos
14. Pinky Promise with Greenery
15. Small Matching Design
16. Red Ink Pinky Promise Art
17. Black Heart Matching Promise Tattoos
18. Pinky Group Promise
Skeleton Hand Pinky Promise Tattoos
Are you a loyal promise keeper till death? Then why not tattoo this skeleton hands pinky promise tattoo?! Everyone made a pinky promise or two in life, but not many have kept it. Show off your promise-keeping skills with some cool pinky promise tattoos!
19. Simple Hand and Skeleton Pinky Promise
20. Black and White Shaded Design
21. Matching Skeleton Pinky Swear Tattoo
22. Skeleton and Witch Pinky Promise
23. Sparkling Pinky Swear Hands
24. Till Death Pink Promise
25. Skeleton Hands Pinky Swear
26. Detailed Dotwork Design Idea
27. Small Shaded Skeleton Hands
Pinky Promise Tattoo with Flowers
Are you someone who always keeps a promise in your friendship? Then why not get this lovely pinky swear design tattoo with some foliage? It looks beautiful, it has meaning – what else could you want?! You can even add color in or leave it as is. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
28. Simple Pinky Swear with Flowers
29. Pinky Promise with Bundle of Flowers
30. Love You Always with Daisies
31. Flowery Design with Pinky Promise
32. Pretty Flowers Around Pinky Swear
33. Magical Flower Tattoo
34. Sunflower Pinky Swear Tattoo Idea
35. Outline of Pinky Swear Flower Bouquet
Pinky Promise Tattoo with Words
These pinky promise tattoo idea are paired with sweet words and positive quotes.
36. Always and Forever
37. Promise on Pinky Tattoo
38. Treat People with Kindness
39. Love You Always
40. Family is Forever
41. No Matter What
42. Believe in Yourself
Pinky Swear Tattoo Ideas
Is there anything more precious than friendship? Get the entire gang down to a tattoo shop for matching pinky promise tattoos! You can opt to have them all in the same place or wherever you’d like. Pinky swear you’ll stay friends forever when you tattoo these pinky promise tattoos in black ink!
43. Single Line Pinky Swear Tattoo
44. Colorful Magic Swear
45. Detailed Dotwork Design
46. Pinky Promise with Butterflies
47. Pinky Promise with Wine Design
48. Sunshine and Pinky Designs
49. One Line Artwork
50. Pinky Promise with Flower Wrists
51. Fun Promise Tattoo
52. Small Pinky Promise Tattoo
53. Colorful Pinky Promise Design
More Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you love these pinky promise tattoo ideas, then check out a few more ideas that we think you will love.
- Outlined Doggy Ear Tattoos – Do you have a four-legged friend that you love? Then these dog ear tattoo ideas are perfect for you! Tattoos depicting dogs and canine culture are a popular form of body art around the world. Why do people show such devotion to their dogs as to bear a likeness of them on their skin? Check out why people choose to get these outline dog ear tattoo ideas and more fun ideas and make sure to let us know what you (and your furry friends) favorite design is!
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas: Still not sure which tattoo you are wanting to get, but love animals, then these cute animal tattoo ideas are something you should take a look at. Animals are among the symbols of the most inked tattoos. In general, all animals represent instinctual life, fertility, and swarming life, instinctual and emotional impulses that must be overcome before a man can enter the spiritual spheres.
- Zodiac Tattoo Ideas: We also think that you will love these fun and personalized zodiac tattoo ideas. You seem like just the person who loves the deeper meaning of life. Find a tattoo that is special to you and your personality with these fun and unique ideas. Plus they are something that will never change about who you are as a person since it is all based on your birthday. What a win, win!
Product You Should Try
One of the most important parts of getting a new tattoo is aftercare. Making sure your new body is well taken care of is so important for proper healing, these products are some of the favorites that we live by.
- Tattoo Soap: TattooMed’s pH-balanced, cleansing gel formula is gentle enough for use on sensitive skin. It’s hypoallergenic too which is great for soothing, cooling, and moisturizing tattooed skin. It’s also quite foamy, which is always a good thing as you can thoroughly massage the tattooed area. Lastly, it’s also a plus that this product is 100% vegan and not made from animal by-products – Which is perfect since it’s dedicated to the animal you love most.
- Tattoo Goo (You’ll Love This) – Tattoo Goo is a natural Olive Oil-, Cocoa Butter- and Wheat Germ-based balm. Petroleum also contains many impurities that can also clog skin pores and prevent the tattoo from breathing. Tattoo Goo® Balm contains no lanolin. Lanolin is highly allergenic. Tattoo Goo® was specifically developed for healing tattoos. This product is perfect for making sure your tattoo stays vibrant, beautiful, and heals up perfectly.
- Aquaphor – We always recommend using Aquaphor for the first two to three days of healing. It delivers the right amount of moisturization without feeling heavy or suffocating. It also minimizes peeling and flaking. Just make sure you don’t over-medicate the tattoo by applying too much ointment because it could clog the pores and create a rash that would definitely disturb the healing process.