Inside: Outline Dog Ear Tattoo Designs (Perfect for Dog Lovers).
If you’ve been mulling the idea of getting a dog tattoo, it’s time to get the lowdown. The kind of dog tattoo, its placement, and the meanings associated with it are all essential. Armed with the right information, you can get a tattoo you (and your dog) will be proud of.
Tattoos depicting dogs and canine culture are a popular form of body art around the world. Why do people show such devotion to their dogs as to bear a likeness of them on their skin?
Check out why people choose to get these outline dog ear tattoo ideas and more fun ideas below, and make sure to let us know what you (and your furry friends) favorite design is!
Dog Ear Tattoo Meaning
A dog tattoo meant as a special tribute may be more abstract than those meant as memories. The tattoos may depict dogs with some human-like features. They can be complicated or simplified too. It all depends on the turn of mind of the dog owner and the tattoo artist’s ingenuity.
A Reminder of Special Memory
People who love dogs form very emotional bonds with their favorite pets. A devoted dog owner opts to have a tattoo resembling their beloved furry friend.
Dog tattoos can also be inked to commemorate a passed-away pet. With a tattoo in the likeness of their pet, they now have an ever-present reminder. It won’t equate to replacing the dog, but it delivers comfort nonetheless.
Where to Have the Dog Tattoo Inked?
Dog Ear Tattoo Ideas
These adorable, simplistic, and meaningful outlined dog ear tattoos are growing rapidly in popularity. They are simple but unique to you and your pet bestie. The best way to execute this tattoo perfectly is by being prepared before your tattoo appointment.
The first step in making this tattoo everything you want is by finding the perfect photo of your dog to replicate. You will want to make sure it is clear and the perfect angle for what you are going for.
Then when you find a tattoo artist that you trust, make sure they see your vision and have them draw up a proof for you. Then it’s all fun from there.
1. Doggy Head Duo Outline
2. Dog Ear Outline with Names
3. Perfect Match Dog Tattoo
4. Floppy Ear Outline of Dogs Ears
5. Simple Dog Outline on Chest
6. Dog Ears with Hair Texture Design
7. Ankle Tattoo to Honor your Dog
8. Dotwork Design of Dog Ears
9. The Perfect Dog Ear Match Design
Simple Dog Outline Tattoo
If you’re looking for something a little more unique and personalized to your pet, these simple dog outlines are another great option to honor your favorite pup!
10. Single Line Sleep Pup Outline
11. Outline of Dog Tattoo Idea
12. Running Pup Tattoo Design
13. Nose Boop Tattoo Outline
14. Puppy Face Outline
15. Tiny Dog Ankle Tattoo Idea
Dog Face Tattoos
Get super creative with these detailed doggy face tattoo ideas. Unlike the dog ear tattoo ideas from before, which were simple in design but still unique, these detailed dog face tattoos are a real portrait of all your pets’ characteristics. From their fine whiskers, cheesy grin, and scraggly hairs, you can add all your favorite details and qualities about them in these designs.
16. Portrait of Dogs Ears and Face
17. Dog Face and Flower Tattoo Design
18. Doggy Duo Face and Ear Tattoo
19. Fluffy Colored Dog Face Body Art
20. Back of Ankle Dog Outline Design
21. Colored Dog Portrait Tattoo
22. Puppy Tattoo on Hand
23. Dog Tattoo Simple Outline
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
Still, need some more tattoo inspiration? Here are a few more fun tattoo ideas that we think you will love.
- Pawprint Tattoo: Have a little piece of your favorite pup with you forever with these adorable pawprint tattoos. Just like humans’ fingerprints, dogs have their own special paw prints. Making these tattoos special and unique to your favorite four-legged friend. Check out how to create this unique look and
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas: Still not sure which tattoo you are wanting to get, but love animals, then these cute animal tattoo ideas are something you should take a look at. Animals are among the symbols of the most inked tattoos. In general, all animals represent instinctual life, fertility, and swarming life, instinctual and emotional impulses that must be overcome before a man can enter the spiritual spheres.
- Meaningful Tattoo Quotes: Chances are if you’re looking to get your pup tattooed on your body then you are probably a pretty meaningful person. These tattoo quotes are full of special meaning, motivational messages, and perfect reminders to wear on your skin every day. You might even find the perfect phrase that goes perfectly with how you feel about your doggo.
- Zodiac Tattoo Ideas: We also think that you will love these fun and personalized zodiac tattoo ideas. You seem like just the person who loves the deeper meaning of life. Find a tattoo that is special to you and your personality with these fun and unique ideas. Plus they are something that will never change about who you are as a person since it is all based on your birthday. What a win, win!
Try Out these Tattoo Products
Just like taking care of your dog, you will need to make sure to be diligent in taking care of your dog ear tattoo. Here are a few products that we love for tattoo aftercare.
- Tattoo Soap: TattooMed’s pH-balanced, cleansing gel formula is gentle enough for use on sensitive skin. It’s hypoallergenic too which is great for soothing, cooling, and moisturizing tattooed skin. It’s also quite foamy, which is always a good thing as you can thoroughly massage the tattooed area. Lastly, it’s also a plus that this product is 100% vegan and not made from animal by-products – Which is perfect since it’s dedicated to the animal you love most.
- Tattoo Goo (You’ll Love This) – Tattoo Goo is a natural Olive Oil-, Cocoa Butter- and Wheat Germ-based balm. Petroleum also contains many impurities that can also clog skin pores and prevent the tattoo from breathing. Tattoo Goo® Balm contains no lanolin. Lanolin is highly allergenic. Tattoo Goo® was specifically developed for healing tattoos. This product is perfect for making sure your tattoo stays vibrant, beautiful, and heals up perfectly.