Flower tattoos are some of the most popular and meaningful tattoos for women. Whether expressing yourself or paying tribute to loved ones, a flower tattoo can say more than words. Right now, delicate floral designs are trending – and these beautiful blooms are not only pretty and feminine, but they also have a symbolic side.
Lily is considered a May birth flower tattoo. May is the month when the wedding season starts so almost any bouquet of the bride does not manage without lilies.
It is because lily is a flower of “heavenly happiness”, the marriage bed of Zeus and Gera was covered with lilies. Lily flower tattoo has the meaning of cleanliness, rest, revival, and royalty.
It’s not sound that comes from the lily of the valley’s delicate bells, but a beautiful sweet scent. She’s probably trying to tell us that summer is arriving and that we need to start enjoying ourselves. The stems, which are packed with pure white bells, are particularly popular in the perfume industry.
The sweet lily of the valley is beautiful and sophisticated – at least from a distance. All parts of this innocent-looking flower are poisonous, including the flowers, the red berries and even the vase water.
So it’s best to stick to looking and smelling.
Check out why we love these beautifully sweet May birth flower tattoo ideas and all their meaning.
Lily of the Valley Tattoo Meanings
The Lily of the valley tattoos symbolizes purity, humility, sincerity, and discretion. But most importantly, they symbolize happiness. The lily of the valley is also the “birth month flower” for May. So, that makes it an official flower of Gemini. People born under this star sign often get a lily of the valley tattoo to represent their star sign.
The beauty and meanings behind this flower make it the most popular tattoo design. Lily of the valley is also known as May bells, May lily, Our Lady’s tears, Mary’s tears, and Convallaria. This flower has been spreading its heavenly fragrance since at least 1000 B.C. and favorite for generations. Even people call it the lily of the valley, but these tiny bell-shaped flowers look nothing like the lilies. The stems are covered with small white, nodding bell-shaped flowers and medium bright green leaves. They make stunning cut flowers, and people often add them to the bride’s bouquets to symbolize sweetness and purity.
May Birth Flower Tattoo Ideas
These beautiful lily of the valley birth flowers are the perfect representation of your growth through life.
1. Simple Lily of the Valley Outline
2. May Birth Flower Tattoo Bundle Design
3. Tattoo of Flowers in a Vase
4. Stunning May Birth Flower Stem
5. Behind the Ear Dot Work Flower Tattoo Design
6. Small and Simple May Flower of the Month Tattoo
7. Inner Arm Flower Tattoo Design Idea
8. May Birth Flower Tattoo Outline
9. Forearm Dot Work May Birth Flower
May Birth Month Lily of the Valley Tattoo Designs
Is it lily of the valley, or lily-of-the-valley? Lillium convallium, Convallaria majalis or May lily? The good news is that it’s all correct. The Latin name was Lillium convallium. Now the Latin name is Convallaria majalis. Convallis means ‘valley’ and majalis means ‘of the month of May’. This adorable flower is a member of the lily family, so it was given the common name of lily of the valley.
10. May Birth Flower Hip Tattoo
11. Thin Outlined Ankle Flower Tattoo
12. Wrapped May Birth Flower Design
13. Bundle of Lily of the Valley Flowers
14. May Birth Flower Ankle Tattoo
15. Flower Bundle Tattoo Design Idea
Tattoo May Birth Flower Ideas
Check out a few more of our favorite lily of the valley may birth flower tattoo ideas!
16. Black and White Lily of the Valley Tattoo
17. Unique May Birth Flower Tattoo
18. Dot Work Flower Design
19. May Flower of the Month Tattoo Bundle
20. Flower Neck Tattoo Design
21. Black of Leg May Birth Month Flower Tattoos
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If like these may birth flower tattoo ideas, then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas – When it comes to choosing the perfect tattoo for you, it does get a bit overwhelming when you have to pick one out of so many. If you want a tattoo that’s strengthening and one that may express your love for animals, then you must get an animal tattoo inked on your body. Animal tattoos are one of the most common types of tattoos that people get quite frequently. Animal tattoos are also one of the most diverse tattoos as you can choose any animal you want, from wild animals to farm animals to birds and sea animals. Each of these tattoos has different meanings and symbolism; hence there is no single meaning for animal tattoos.
- Zodiac Tattoos – For believers in the stars, zodiac signs can be used to help people understand how they’re feeling, who they’re compatible with, and how lucky their week is going to be. But, perhaps what people get most out of their astrological signs is the small personality validations that come with each. That’s why folks are so keen on getting ink of their own sign — after all, what’s more, personal than a tattoo that subtly details to the world exactly who we feel we are? Zodiac tattoos are cool because not only are they representative of oneself or a loved one, but there are also so many different ways to interpret them into art.
- Fascinating Book Tattoo Ideas – A tattoo is a way of self-expression for a lifetime. So why not choose a design from your favorite book? Literature has been inspirational for tattoo lovers for ages, especially children’s stories. They are filled with enchanting illustrations and memorable lines which can be used as body art.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.