Inside: Cool Peace Tattoo Designs + Ideas
The peace sign can be illustrated in a number of different ways. There is the classic symbol, the circle with the three lines, or you can take this simple image and add on more details.
Details can include things such as doves or birds, plants, animals, basically anything else that may pertain to nature, because after all, being out in nature is one of the most peaceful things you can do.
There are so many different variations to symbolize peace, check out some of our favorites below!
What does a peace sign represent?
History of a Peace Sign
It was not until after World War II in the 1950s that the symbol was created. Before this time, religious groups such as the Christians would use other forms of offering peace. These included the bird known as the dove and an olive branch. Doves being peaceful and beautiful birds who seem to fly freely through the air were perfect examples of a symbol for peace. The image of an olive branch was another form of signaling peace. The olive branch was used in ancient Greece as a sign of peace and victory. This idea quickly spread to Europe and all over the Mediterranean basin area.
A British man by the name of Gerald Herbert Holtom was an artist and designer, this is the very man we can thank for the symbol of the ‘peace sign’. This simple symbol was originally used for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. This was an organization that was against the military use of nuclear weapons along with chemical and biological weapons. The organization was also against the construction of nuclear power stations in the United Kingdom. This organization was highly successful in its fight against creating nuclear war amongst other countries. This symbol, much like how we do today, was worn as a way of protesting the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, which was highly effective and grew in popularity over later years all over the globe.
Peace Sign Tattoo Placement
The peace symbol is so simple that it can virtually be tattooed anywhere you would like on your body. Not only will it fit basically anywhere, but you can also have it sized however you would like. This is, of course, if the design itself has nothing added to it. If you would like a peace sign tattoo that has more details, the placement and sizing may change. The symbol made its debut in the 1950s and was most popular amongst the ‘hippie’ movement in the 1960s and 1970s. The symbol still holds true today with constant battles and wars being fought around the world, there will always be a group of people who protest this fact and just want world peace. Having a symbol of peace tattooed on yourself not only shows that you are a peaceful person, but it also shows that you are a humble and considerate individual.
Peace Sign Tattoo Designs
1. Skeleton Hand Peace Sign
2. Small Peace Sign Tattoo
3. Peace, Love, and Happiness Tattoo
4. Long Finger Nailed Peace Sign
5. Shaded Peace Sign Tattoo
6. Peace, Love, and Rock and Roll Tattoo
Peace Symbol Tattoo Ideas
7. Tiny Peace Symbol Finger Tattoo
8. Peace Sign Tattoo Wrist
9. Peace Symbol in Shape of Heart Tattoo
10. Rainbow Watercolor Peace Design
11. Colorful Flower Peace Symbol Tattoo
12. Daisy Peace Sign Idea
13. Mountain View Peace Sign
14. Tie Dye Peace Symbol Tattoo Idea
15. Back of Neck Peace Outline
16. Thin Peace Finger Tattoo
17. Sketched Peace Design Tattoo
Peace Tree Tattoo Designs
18. Deep Root Peace Tree Tattoo
19. Dot Work Peace Tree Tattoo Design
20. Leafy Peace Tree Idea
21. Outlined Peace Tree Design Idea
22. Shaded Tree Root Peace Sign
23. Colorful Peace Signs on Tree Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these peace tattoo ideas, then you will love these other cool designs.
- Elephant Tattoo Ideas – Elephants never forget, and their old age gifts them with admirable wisdom. Humans can learn so much about life, solitude, and love when studying how this ancient mammal carries. Their weight no matter how heavy, with such remarkable grace and beauty. A universal symbol of strength, loyalty, divinity, and good luck. An elephant makes an unforgettable tattoo design when carefully planned and properly placed on your body’s temple.
- Vibrant Violet Flower Tattoo Ideas – Violets have been around and used in ceremonies and culture for centuries. The leaves are heart-shaped and therefore get associated with beauty and love in certain circumstances. However, these flowers mean whatever you want when you get the tattoo. I’m partial to them because they are my sorority Sigma Kappa tattoo ideas of choice. The key is to make sure you get a tattoo artist that you feel comfortable with.
- Palm Tattoos – The palms are unlike most other locations on the body because their callused skin presents the artist with a tricky texture to work on. Palm tattoos are also very prone to fading. However, a pro tattoo artist who’s very experienced with the needle together with reasonable expectations can result in excellent tattoo design, even if it’s on your wrinkled little fingers! These totally cool palm tattoo ideas are a perfect starting point for your next ink session.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.