Inside: Inspiring Dream Catcher Tattoo Designs + Ideas.
Dreamcatchers are aesthetically pleasing artifacts that can contain a wealth of symbolic meaning. It is not difficult to comprehend why someone could be attracted to a tattoo like this, which stands for defense against danger. The talisman is worn on the body as a form of body art, and its function is to protect the wearer from negative thoughts while allowing them to concentrate on positive ones.
Feathers and beads are popular additions to the basic design, which has its origins in Native American culture. But there are those who choose to embellish their ink with additional details to emphasize its uniqueness.
Whether you’ve been in the market for a new tattoo or just need some inspiration, these lovely dream catcher tattoo ideas are sure to inspire you.
Table of Contents
What do Dream Catcher Tattoos Represent?
As the name implies, dream catchers were intended to keep out bad dreams.
Native Americans think that at night the air is filled with dreams. Dreamcatchers are typically displayed over a person’s bed or near the doorway to their bedroom, in a location that receives the morning sun.
Sleeping with a dreamcatcher, one’s negative nightmares can be caught in the web and dragged down the feathers into one’s subconscious.
The idea behind a dreamcatcher tattoo is to keep out negative energy – the ‘nightmares,’ so to speak – and let in only beautiful dreams.
The Meaning of Individual Parts
Dreamcatcher components all have a significant symbolic or metaphorical role within the framework of the dreamcatcher and contribute to its deeper significance.
- Hoop – the circular design symbolizes the cycle of life and the movement of the Sun and Moon around the sky. Traditional real Native American dreamcatchers have small hoops, but tattoo hoops exist in different shapes and sizes. There may be only one hoop on a single dreamcatcher, or there may be several. Three smaller hoops hanging from the bottom of a larger one is a common configuration for numerous hoops.
- Web – To reference the mythology of the Spider Woman and the idea of spiders as symbols for protection, a spider’s web is weaved into the hoop’s design.
- Bead – A bead or beads may be included in some dreamcatchers. If you’re looking for a positive answer about what the beads are for in a dream catcher, the most popular theory goes like this: they’re the spiders. The beads might also represent good dreams that didn’t make it into the mind of the sleeper and instead became sacred charms on the dreamcatcher’s surface.
- Feather – The bottom of the hoop is generally decorated with one or more feathers. They’re said to serve as a conduit for nice dreams, connecting the dreamcatcher with the unconscious mind of the individual dozing off.
Dream Catcher Tattoo Design Ideas
1. Colorful Dream Catcher Back Tattoo
2. Small Detailed Dream Catcher Idea
3. Natural Colored Dream Catcher
4. Tiny Behind the Ear Tattoo of Dream Catcher
5. Wrist Wrapped Dream Catcher Idea
6. Black Shaded Back Tattoo
Butterfly Dream Catcher Tattoo Ideas
7. Pastel Colored Butterfly Dream Catcher
8. Butterfly in Dream Catcher Design
9. 3D Butterfly on Dream Catcher Tattoo
10. Watercolor Butterfly Idea
11. Pink and Blue Butterflies on Dream Catcher Tattoo
12. Monarch Butterfly Tattoo with Dream Catcher
Moon Dream Catcher Tattoo Design
13. Moon Shaped Dream Catcher Tattoo
14. Geometric Moon Dream Catcher Design
15. Moon in Middle of Dream Catcher
16. Blue Moon and Sunflower Dream Catcher Design Idea
17. Flowery Moon Dream Catcher Idea
18. Detailed Dream Catcher Moon Tattoo
19. Feather and Moon Dream Catcher
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Daisy Tattoo Ideas – Daisy tattoos are some of the most beloved designs in the tattoo industry, and you don’t have to look far to see why! With their bold simplicity and delicate elegance, daisies will always be in style. Whether you’re looking for something bold or sweet, one of these timeless daisy tattoo designs are sure to catch your eye.
- Feminine Fairy Tattoo Ideas that Bring Joy – If you never want to grow up and don’t take life too seriously, then one of these tattoos featuring fairies might be what you need. There are styles that range from cute and cartoonish to bold and impactful. They all have one thing in common…they are super creative! Take a look at these feminine fairy tattoos and choose your favorite design.
- Mermaid Tattoo Ideas – Mermaid tattoos have been around for a long time and can be made in a variety of ways. Whether you prefer vintage style tattoos or you want something bright and trendy, these lovely mermaid tattoos will do the job. These mermaid tattoo designs grasp the beautiful and sexy curves of a mermaid perfectly and show their power through ink! You’ll have to take a look for yourself to appreciate these works of art.