Inside The Sweetest Kids Name Tattoos + Ideas.
Getting a name tattooed on your body is one of the tattoo industry’s biggest unspoken no-nos. Unless you’re getting the name of a child. There’s no denying that the bond between parent and child is one of the strongest, most enduring bonds a person can experience in this life. Especially that between a mother and child. Many mamas–and dads–are deciding to get their children’s names or initials incorporated into a tattoo design as a testament to that unbreakable bond.
Tattooing someone’s name onto your body is a big decision, not unlike the decision to have kids. While some kids might think their parent getting their name tattooed is a little dorky, it’s one of the most beautiful and public declarations of unconditional love a parent can make.
There are so many different designs to choose from tattooing the names of loved ones. No matter your style, there’s an artist out there who can incorporate your child’s name into a jaw-dropping tattoo.
Check out a list of our favorite Kids’ name tattoos that are both beautifully designed and extra meaningful.
Is It Bad Luck To Tattoo Your Child’s Name?
A lot of people think it’s bad luck to get a name tattoo. Are you permanently inking some bad juju into your skin by getting your child’s name or initials tattooed? Are you asking for trouble by permanently altering your body for another person?
While a lot of artists will tell you they will absolutely advise against a significant other’s name as a tattoo–the ultimate death blow to any relationship, whether you’re new loves or seasoned spouses–you’d be hard pressed to find an artist that felt the same about children’s names.
It’s important to remember that it’s your body–superstitions aside, tattooing is a way for you to use your body to reflect what’s in your mind and heart. If your relationship with your child is strong and loving, then getting their name tattooed on you isn’t going to change that.
Best Placement for Name Tattoos
If you’re looking at your body like the blank canvas it is, there are a plethora of places for a name tattoo. Some areas aren’t advisable, like the inside of the elbow, the top of the foot, or the side of the finger because these are areas prone to high friction. Socks and shirts will constantly be rubbing against any tattoo. Finger tattoos fade alarmingly fast. Though not so alarmingly when you take into account how we use our hands for everything everywhere all the time.
Getting a name tattooed on the wrist, forearm, chest, or back are all excellent place. A lot of people love to get names tattooed on the chest, just over the heart. Depending on how intricate you would like the script, a larger flatter surface is ideal for detailed handwriting. Something simple would work well on smaller areas.
Kids Name Tattoo Ideas
1. You Are My Sunshine with Sunflower – If you want more “You are my Sunshine” Tattoo ideas, we have a whole post just for you!
2. Tattoo of Kids Name in Childs Handwriting
3. Different Version of Arrows for Each Kid
4. Infinity Sign with Kids Names
5. Two Flower Stems Together with Names
6. Kids Name with Birthdate Design
7. Name with Roman Numerals of Birthdate
Tattoos with Kids Names for Mom
These classy tattoos with kids names for mom are some of our favorite designs.
8. Simple Script Font with Names
9. Name Written in Flowers – It would be so cute to use their birth flowers for this design.
10. Cool Font with Kids Name for Moms
11. Inner Arm Kids Name Tattoo
Tattoos with Kids Names for Dad
12. Babies Foot with Name
13. Manly Font for Kids Name
14. Chest Tattoo of Kids Names
15. Kids Name with Rose
Heart Tattoos with Kids Names
16. Simple Heart Tattoo with Child Initial
17. Old School Sparrow with Hearts Tattoo
18. Kids Names in Shape of a Heart Tattoo
19. Line of Hearts Down Back with All Kids Names
Wrist Tattoos with Kids Names
These small tattoos with kids’ names are some of our favorites.
20. Thing Wrist Tattoo with Names
21. Simple Font with Heart Tattoo
22. Kids Name Initials
23. Simple Scripted Font
Children’s Name Tattoo Designs
24. Flower Stems with Kids Name
25. 3 Kids Name Tattoo
26. Simple Font with Heart Tattoo
27. Butterfly Tattoo with Kids Names
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these kids name tattoos then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Classic Birth Clock Tattoos + Designs – There isn’t much that happens in our lives that is more meaningful than the birth of a child. What a fantastic way to carry that magical and memorable time with you everywhere you go, then getting a Birth Clock Tattoo. They also make very lovely and sentimental memorial tattoos for those children that have gone too soon. These birth tattoo clocks are impressive, so don’t miss taking a look.
- Sweet Mom and Son Tattoos for that Special Bond – Could there be a lover greater than between a mom and her son? No! This bond is so strong, and there is so much love and respect. It’s no secret that a mom will always protect her son, just as the son will protect his mom. These mom and son tattoos grasp that love beautifully.
- Mountain Tattoo Ideas – Mountain Tattoos can be amazing works of art for a first timer or long time tattoo collector. An amazing mountain design can be as fresh and beautiful as the mountains it contains.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!