Inside: Sweet Mom and Son Tattoos for that Special Bond.
Ain’t no love like a mother’s love — and there most definitely ain’t no love like the love between a mother and her son. A mother and her son build a special bond based on affection and emotion. She’s always there for him, and he usually adores the living heck out of her.
If a mama and her son are lucky enough to have an extremely close bond, then why not honor it with a beautifully sentimental piece of ink? That’s right, folks, we’re talking about mother-son tats.
People get tattoos for a variety of reasons, and they can signify a variety of things important to that person. So a mother and son who have an affinity for ink can choose something that uniquely represents their relationship or a memory they hold dearly with each other. The possibilities, while truly endless, are all equally sweet.
Sweet Mom and Son Tattoos for that Special Bond
These sweet mom and son tattoos are perfect to show that special bond between you two!
1. Momma Bear: How cute are these matching tats of a mama bear and a baby bear?
2. Baby Bird: This bird-inspired tattoo is a reminder that the mama bird is always there to help take care of the son, aka baby bird.
3. To Infinity and Beyond
5. Anchors: An anchor is the perfect idea for a mother-son tattoo, and could symbolize how their relationship anchors each other down through the crazy waters we call life.
6. Matching Floral
7. Feather Tattoos: These feathers are a gorgeous idea for a mother-son tattoo. We love how the colors are inverted too!
8. I Love You
9. Pisces: This mother and son were not only lucky enough to have a close relationship, but also both be Pisces! Obviously, it was the inspiration behind their matching pieces of ink.
Mom and Son Tattoo Ideas
I love these great tattoos for Mom and Sons. They are so unique and fun!
10. Lord of the Rings Fans
11. Reminder Quotes: This mother and son got coordinating phrases on their arms to remind themselves of how they’ll always be there for each other. It’s a popular and sweet saying for mother-children relationships.
12. Heartbeat Initials
13. Matching Bison
14. Walking Together: These matching mother-son tattoos are located on their feet and fittingly say, “You walk with me … ” It’s a simple but sweet reminder that they’re with each other even when they’re physically not.
15. Lucky Tattoos
16. Star Wars Theme: This mother and son got Star Wars themed tattoos that are so tiny and subtle, yet pack a large sentimental punch.
17. Breast Cancer Awareness
18. Harry Potter Lovers: This mother and son got matching tattoos of Harry Potter‘s Deathly Hallows symbol for the sweetest reason. According to the son’s Instagram post, the two would stay up past his bedtime to finish the Harry Potter books together.
Tattoos for Mom and Son
Here are a few more great mom and son tattoos!
19. Forever Hearts: This mother and son show their everlasting love for each other through simple symbols: a heart and infinity sign.
20. Musicians at Heart
21. Geometric Feathers
22. Mama Cow: These mother-son calf tattoos features a realistic-looking mama cow and baby cow. They’re so adorable!
23. Heart Profiles
24. Matching Buddhas
25. Sail Away
26. Free Birds: This mother and son got matching bird tattoos in a traditional style, and they’re absolutely stunning.
27. Mama Elephant
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you love these mom and son tattoos then you may like these other great tattoo ideas!
- Pretty Peony Tattoo Ideas – Tattoos containing Peonies can symbolize a variety of emotions including romance, love, compassion, good fortune, or even honor. The peony can be beautiful by itself or contained within a larger landscape. Read more about our 43 Pretty Peony Tattoo Ideas.
- Mountain Tattoo Ideas – Mountain Tattoos can be amazing works of art for a first timer or long time tattoo collector. An amazing mountain design can be as fresh and beautiful as the mountains it contains.
- Inspiring Quote Tattoos – Finding a life motto, inspiring quote, or perfect verse can be such a powerful way to get you through a hard time or set the tone of your life. I find such peace in finding a great quote that motivates me every day. If you are so lucky to find those words then what else is better than seeing those words every single day?
Let us know in the comments your favorite mom and son tattoos.