Inside: Simple Hip Tattoos Perfect for Your Body.
I’m absolutely obsessed with tattoos—I have everything from a wrist tattoo to a rib tattoo, and I’m always looking at inspiration pics to plan what I’m going to get next. And you know the spot that’s number one on my list for my next tattoo? My hip.
They’re hella cute and they can be hidden just as easily as they can be shown off.
Whether you want something sweet and tiny or big and bold, you’ll definitely find some hip tattoos inspo below. Check out a few of our favorite cute hip tattoos and designs that you’re going to want to add to your saved folder on Insta.
Deciding on a Hip Tattoo
What sort of images work well on hip tattoos? Well, since this is not a highly visible area, almost any image can be appropriate here. Intimate images, such as a lover’s name or initials, make for a perfect hip tat. Other popular images include flowers, especially roses, hearts, crosses, butterflies, and many other feminine items.
Hip Tattoos You’ll Love
1. Simple Flower Tattoo
2. Child of the Universe
3. Lucky Clover: Carry your good luck charm on your hip with this tattoo. Or it can be a dope way to show off your Irish heritage.
5. Pink Promise
6. Butterfly Tattoo: TBH, you don’t have to be super into butterflies to get this hip tattoo (even though you might want to make sure you like them before you get it permanently tatted on your body). Butterflies also represent freedom, hope, and life—all good messages to keep in mind.
7. Lightning Bolt
8. Tick Marks
9. Oh Hey
10. Lemon Hip Tattoo: There’s nothing sour about this hip tattoo. It’s a cute and cheeky way to show some love for your favorite fruit.
A Few More Ideas
11. Globe Tattoo: Into globetrotting? Instead of telling people yourself, let your hip tattoo do all the talking.
12. Roman Numeral: This barely-there Roman numeral tattoo is a gorgeous option if you want a hip tattoo that’s a little more subtle.
13. Typewriter Font: If you’re over the cursive tattoos you see all over your feed, go with a typewriter font for your hip tattoo. It’s simple and unique—what’s not to love?
14. Poetic Hip Tattoo: If you’re into Shakespeare, you can’t go wrong with getting your favorite prose tattooed on your hip. It’s both sentimental and suuuper pretty.
15. Crown Hip Tattoo
16. Matching Avacoados
17. Mountain Hip Tattoo: Craving the mountains but can’t take a trip there? Keep a piece of them with you at all times with this hip tattoo. Every time you look at it, it’ll remind you of your happy place.
Fun Hip Tattoos
18. Love You
19. Colorful Hip Tattoo: Instead of just getting a flower on your hip, get the whole damn bouquet. This hip tattoo is cute, colorful, and large—so if you’re feeling bold, go for it.
20. Feminist Message Hip Tattoo: In case anyone forgot you were a feminist, get your favorite phrase tattooed on your hip to remind them.
21. Cat Hip Tattoo: Okay, so technically, this one falls a little bit below the hip region, but it’s still a cute tattoo design—and a permanent act of love to truly show your devotion to your furry friend.
22. Bright Colored Hip Tattoo: Got a green thumb? You might be into the look of this brightly colored hip tattoo—it’s not only crazy pretty, but the design is also very unique.
23. Angel Hip Tattoo
More Hip Tattoo Insp
Here are few ideas to inspire you.
- Consider some scrolling vines and small flowers. The vines can flow across your own unique curves and make the most of the space available.
- How about a little stardust? All you need are some tiny stars and dust trails swirled around them to make an understated yet sensual design.
- For a design that is more masculine, think about inking one of the big cats, perhaps a tiger or a panther. The design can still be as small as you need it to be yet still look impressive.
- This is also a great location for a kanji tattoo. Choose a kanji symbol that holds special meaning to you, but make sure the symbol you choose correctly portrays what it is supposed to represent.
Whatever you choose, take your time making your choice. Getting inked on your hip isn’t a walk in the park, but having a bad choice removed with laser treatments also isn’t much fun. Get the design right the first time.
Other Great Tattoo Ideas
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women in particular have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Small Tattoo Ideas for Men – Small tattoos for men can be significant or just a whim of an idea. Maybe you already have a sleeve full of ink or your back is full of tattoos that you can’t show off and you want just something small to show off. This may be your one and only tattoo and you really want to make it count, but you are trying to figure out where to start.