Inside: Unique Black Sleeve Tattoo Ideas + Info.
If you’ve been exploring the latest tattoo trends, you’ve probably noticed that black sleeve tattoos are having a huge moment. However, they’re not exactly new. These blackout tattoos are gaining momentum, possibly because they’re a refreshing counterbalance to the delicate and discreet tattoo designs that have been popular over the last few years.
Yet, there are many reasons that people have chosen to get black sleeve tattoos over the years.
Read on to find out how these tattoos became a thing and everything else there is to know about them.
Black Sleeve Tattoo Ideas
1. Wavy Black Sleeve Idea
2. Blackout Sleeve with White Ink
3. Black Sleeve with Flowers
4. Scratched Black Shoulder Tattoo
5. Blacked Out Honeycomb Design
6. Galaxy Themed Blackout Tattoo
7. Swirled Black Sleeve Idea
Blacked Out Arm Tattoo Designs
8. Cracked Effect Black Sleeve Tattoo
9. Blackout with Dotwork Sleeve Tattoo
10. Black Sleeve with Mandala Designs
11. Flowers Scattered with Black Filler
12. Unique Blacked Out Sleeve Designs
All Black Tattoo Sleeve
13. All Black Sleeve with Pointed Shoulder Design
14. Faded All Black Tattoo Sleeve
15. Wrist to Shoulder Black Sleeve Design
16. Solid Black Design
17. Dot Work Faded into Sleeve
Are Black Sleeves Tattoos Painful?
Here’s the harsh truth: tattoos are painful. No matter which tattoo parlor you get a tattoo from or what body part you get it on, you will experience some level of pain. However, arms and shoulders tend to hurt less than the more sensitive body parts such as the fingers, ankles, or wrists.
That said, a large area of your skin is inked when you get a black sleeve tattoo. You will also require multiple sessions to complete the tattoo. Hence, you should expect some pain before your tattoo achieves the look you want.
The best thing you can do is go to a well-reputed tattoo artist who has experience with large tattoos. They will be able to better assist you with minimizing the pain during the session. They will also guide you on taking care of the tattoo afterward to prevent infection or other side effects.
Despite being a popular trend at the moment, blackout tattoos don’t have an inherent meaning attached to them. Hence, you don’t have to worry about what it may imply if you’re planning on getting one. Just make sure that you are 100% ready to make such a commitment.
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Tattoo Blowout – Tattoo blowouts are not super common, but when they do occur it is generally because of the tattoo artist applying too much pressure. The ink is placed below the surface of the skin and in turn is injected into the next layer of fat. This can cause a number of issue both with the tattoo clarify, longevity, and even some health concerns. Read more about how this happens and what to do.
- Ornamental Tattoo Definition – There is an incredible “wow” factor about ornamental tattoos that will impress just about anyone. It’s next to impossible not to be entranced by these intricate and creative designs. You’ll see a variety of designs with lots of spirals, crosses, lines, and other unique patterns. Don’t miss these ornamental tattoo design ideas before you decide on your next piece.