Inside: Delicate Flower and Lace Tattoo Designs + Ideas
For girls that are after something a little more feminine in their tattoos then lace is the way to go. With a delicate lace design, you can still be fierce while at the same time feminine.
There is something about lace that not only looks beautiful but totally elegant too. However, if you think about how much work and dedication goes into creating a lace tattoo design, you may want to take a step back and admire the beauty that much more.
In each of these beautiful and awe-inspiring flower and lace tattoo designs, you can clearly see that the artist took their time and was completely dedicated to providing their client with the tattoo of a lifetime. If you are interested in getting a lace tattoo design, be sure to check out many artists before settling on one as the line work necessary to create a realistic lace design is not only difficult but time-consuming.
What Does Lace Represent?
Lace is unique in the dichotomy it represents: it is both a symbol of purity and innocence and at the same time a powerful icon of female sexuality. The traditional white wedding dress, laden with lace, has long been a symbol of purity, while at the same time some of the most provocative of lingerie nearly always feature lace.
Flower Ideas for Tattoos and Their Meaning
Cherry Blossom Flower: Common in Japanese-style tattoos, the cherry blossom symbolizes empathy and an appreciation for the ephemeral. Since these flowers possess a delicate beauty that fades rapidly, they also serve as a reminder of one’s mortality.
Chrysanthemum Flower: This flower, which blooms in autumn, has come to symbolize the transition from life to death. It also represents royalty and perfection.
Daffodil Flower: A mellow yellow flower, the daffodil represents virtues such as honesty, truth, faith, and forgiveness.
Dahlia Flower: A colorful and spicy flower, the dahlia is a symbol of change, and it can also represent looming betrayal.
Daisy Flower: Opening and closing with the sun’s rise and fall, the daisy was named after the expression, “day’s eye,” and has long been associated with modesty and simplicity. Daisies, like several other flower breeds, have different meanings depending on the color of the flower petals.
Hibiscus Flower: In Japan, the hibiscus represents gentleness, while in Hawaii, it represents royalty, power, and respect.
Iris Flower: The iris’s three petals symbolize faith, valor, and wisdom.
Lily Flower: This tattoo design is a classic symbol of femininity and purity.
Lotus Flower: The lotus flower also has color-specific meanings, which we’ve highlighted below:
Magnolia Flower: An elegant and distinctive-looking flower, the magnolia is a popular symbol for the love of nature, beauty, and life.
Different Meanings of Flowers
Orchid Flower: In Japan, the orchid is a common symbol of bravery, while, in China, it represents prosperity and fertility.
Peony Flower: Known as the King of Flowers in Japan, the peony symbolizes elegance and wealth.
Poppy Flower: This red flower is in remembrance of those who have died in war and represents eternal sleep.
Sunflower: The sunflower was originally honored by the ancient Incas civilization as a symbol of the sun god, due to its resemblance to the sun. This tattoo design is a common symbol for warmth, happiness, and creation.
Tulip Flower: Vibrantly colored and delicate, the tulip is symbolic of prosperity and guilty pleasures.
Carnation Flower: Carnations, with their lovely colors and soft, crepey petals, are known to symbolize admiration, fascination, distinction, and love.
Lace Tattoo Designs with Flowers
1. Single Rose with Lace Tattoo
2. Detailed Flower and Lace Design
3. Butterflies, Roses, and Lace Tattoo Idea
4. Peony with Mandala Lace Tattoo Design
5. Vibrant Red Flower with Black Lace Tattoo
6. Purple Flower Half Sleeve Tattoo Idea
7. Realistic Pink Rose with Black Lace Tattoo Design
Vintage Lace Tattoo Designs
8. Lace Butterfly and Rose Tattoo
9. Violet Flowers and Heart-Shaped Lace Design
10. Red Roses and Mandala Lace Tattoo
11. Black and White Flower and Lace Tattoo
12. Colorful Lotus and Lace Tattoo
13. Large Feminine Thigh Tattoo Design
Flower and Lace Tattoo Ideas
14. Super-Detailed Shoulder Piece
15. Double Flower and Lace Design
16. Pretty Lace and Rose Back Piece Tattoo
17. Large Red Roses with Hints of Lace Design
18. Foot and Ankle Lace Wrapped Tattoo
19. Lace and Flower Half Sleeve Design
20. Purple Roses and Paisley Lace Tattoo
21. Shaded Lace Pattern with Flower Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Elephant Tattoo Ideas – Elephants never forget, and their old age gifts them with admirable wisdom. Humans can learn so much about life, solitude, and love when studying how this ancient mammal carries. Their weight no matter how heavy, with such remarkable grace and beauty. A universal symbol of strength, loyalty, divinity, and good luck. An elephant makes an unforgettable tattoo design when carefully planned and properly placed on your body’s temple.
- Vibrant Violet Flower Tattoo Ideas – Violets have been around and used in ceremonies and culture for centuries. The leaves are heart-shaped and therefore get associated with beauty and love in certain circumstances. However, these flowers mean whatever you want when you get the tattoo. I’m partial to them because they are my sorority Sigma Kappa tattoo ideas of choice. The key is to make sure you get a tattoo artist that you feel comfortable with.
- Palm Tattoos – The palms are unlike most other locations on the body because their callused skin presents the artist with a tricky texture to work on. Palm tattoos are also very prone to fading. However, a pro tattoo artist who’s very experienced with the needle together with reasonable expectations can result in excellent tattoo design, even if it’s on your wrinkled little fingers! These totally cool palm tattoo ideas are a perfect starting point for your next ink session.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.