Inside: Black Eyed Susan Tattoo Ideas + Designs.
The Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta) flower holds deep meaning and significance in many cultures. It’s been used in various natural remedies, from treating eye diseases to eliminating parasitic worms, as well as being considered a symbol of good luck, joy, grace, love, and humility by people worldwide. In addition to all these things, it’s also one of the most popular tattoo designs out there today, especially amongst women! Read on to learn more about this beautiful flower and find inspiration for your next tattoo!
Table of Contents
What is a Black Eyed Susan?
A Black Eyed Susan is a flower that is native to North America. The scientific name for the Black Eyed Susan is Rudbeckia hirta. The unique flower gets its name because the center of the flower is black, and the petals are yellow. The Black Eyed Susan is a very popular flower and is often used in tattoos.
Black Eyed Susan Tattoo Meaning
Black-eyed Susans, found everywhere from roadsides to gardens, are a symbol of survival, endurance, and truth. This flower has adapted well to its environment and is plentiful across the land.
Black Eyed Susan Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start off with these lovely tattoos! These black-eyed Susan designs are some of our favorites.
1. Outlined Black Eyed Susan Flower
2. Realistic Flower Tattoo Design
3. Unique Black Eyed Susan Flowers
4. Temporary Black Eyed Susan Flower Tattoo
5. Black and White Flower Design
6. Colorful Cluster of Flowers Tattoo Idea
7. Simplistic Black Eyed Susan Flower Design
8. Detail Shaded Flower Inner Bicep Tattoo
9. Small Flower Bundle Tattoo Idea
10. Thin Line Flower Tattoo Bundle
Black Eyed Susan Flower Tattoo Designs
11. Bright Colored Flower Tattoo Design
12. Black Eyed Susan Flower Bundle
13. Flower Thigh Tattoo Idea
14. Black Eyed Susan Half Sleeve Tattoo
15. Black Eyed Susan Side Tattoo
16. Full Sleeve of Colorful Black Eyed Susan
17. Bright Yellow Black Eyed Susan Flowers
18. Classic Bundle of Black Eyed Susan Flowers
19. Black Eyed Susan with Flamingos
20. Detailed Flower Bundle Thigh Tattoo
Black Eyed Susan Vine Tattoo Art
21. Bundle of Flowers Tattoo
22. Flowers on a Vine Tattoo
23. Full Sleeve of Black Susan Vine
24. Flower Head on Shoulder Tattoo Design
25. Yellow Black-Eyed Susan Flower Idea
26. Black Eyed Susan Flower with Butterfly
27. – 55. Variations using sunflower tattoo artwork to get further inspiration
56. Colorful Bundle of Black Eyed Susan Flowers
57. Black and White Shoulder Piece Outline
58. Flower Tattoo on Foot
59. Half Sleeve of Black Eyed Susan Tattoo
More Flower Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you liked these fun black eyed susan tattoo ideas then check out a few more of our favorite flower designs.
- Tiny Flower Tattoos – Flower tattoos are a timeless way to honor your femininity. They are rich in meaning and beauty, and you can truly never go wrong. If smaller tattoos are more your style then check out this list of Tiny Flower Tattoos. We’ve included a wide variety of styles and flowers, there is bound to be one that you’ll fall in love with. Check them out!
- Aster Flower Designs – Aster Flower Tattoos are beautiful and enchanting. They represent positivity, love, faith, and insight. While they can be made to look masculine, they are typically feminine and flirty. Add an aster flower tattoo to your shoulder blade, back, thigh, or anywhere else you want to add a piece of artwork. Have a look at these inspiring aster flower tattoo ideas.
- Vintage Flower Tattoos – Incorporating flowers into any tattoo design can bring in color and imagery that can highlight important feelings and expression for the wearer. Using a vintage flair means toning down some of the color pallet and utilizing additional shadow techniques to create the perfect subtlety to add to any creation. Check out our list of vintage flower tattoo designs.