Inside: 30+ Bold Aster Flower Tattoo Designs + Ideas.
Aster flowers are an enchanting perennial loved for their colorful hues and elegant style. They also carry deep meaning and symbolism spanning numerous cultures over the past few centuries and are as popular as ever today in gardens and floral design.
Check out the amazing meaning behind the Aster flower and some of our favorite designs and tattoo styles.
Meaning of an Aster Flower Tattoo
An ancient Greek legend says that the aster grew from a mote that has fallen from a star. Already in Ancient Greece people knew about the constellation of Maiden which associates with Aphrodite – the goddess of love. Another legend says that aster flower grew from the space dust when the Maiden cried looking down from the sky.
One more legend says, that if to go at night to the field where asters grow and stay among them listening attentively, you can hear an easy whisper that means the conversation between them and their sisters-stars.
There exists another legend about two Taoist monks, who decided to reach the stars.
Finding the Aster Flower Meaning
They had a very long way through the prickly wood, the thickets of juniper and difficult mountain tracks, till they reached the top of the Altai highest mountain. When they did this, they found out that the stars did not become closer and we’re still very high. So they had to go back without food and water in torn clothes and bodies in the blood.
When they were almost out of power, they finally came down from the mountains on a fine meadow where wonderful flowers grew. And they realized that they made such a long and difficult way dreaming to see the beauty of stars, but the stars all that time grew on earth. They took some flowers to their monastery and began to plant them and named them “asters” which means “stars” in the Latin language.
According to these myths and legends, we can say that aster flower tattoos have the meaning of love and are connected with stars. So they can be made not only by girls and women but also by men on any part of the body.
The History of the Aster Flower
In China, small and simple aster flower tattoos can be a symbol of beauty, accuracy, elegance, charm, and modesty.
Now, in Hungary aster is usually called “the autumn rose”, so here the aster floral tattoo can have the meaning autumn and melancholy.
In floral language, aster is a symbol of memoirs, refinement, grace, and love. They were put in tombs of French Soldiers, symbolizing the grief and memory of victims. There exist about 600 types of asters, the most popular grade is Monte Casino.
Aster Flower Tattoo Ideas
1. Watercolor Inspired Aster Design
2. Aster Back Tattoo Idea
3. Beautiful Aster Flower Bundle Design
4. Purple Aster Trio Tattoo
5. Detail Purple and Blue Aster Flowers
6. Back of Calf Aster Design
7. Small Aster Tattoo Idea on Shoulder
8. Shaded Black and White Aster Flower Bundle
9. Aster Flower Tattoo Idea
10. Bold Aster Flower Design Idea
Pictures of Aster Flower Tattoos
11. Black and White Aster Flower
12. Sunset Heart with Aster Flower Accents
13. Purple Shaded Aster Design
14. Outlined Aster Bundle Design
15. Owls and Aster Flowers
16. Aster Flower Tattoo with Name
17. Flower Bundle Tattoo with Aster Flowers
18. Aster Flowers and Moon Tattoo
19. Aster Flower Half Sleeve Design
20. Unique Aster Flower Tattoo Placement Idea
Aster Flower Tattoo Designs
21. Black and White Aster Tattoo
22. Matching Aster Flower with Vibrant Purple Ink
23. Black Shaded Aster Flower Back Tattoo
24. Cartoon Aster Flower and Bumblebee Tattoo
25. Thin Stemmed Aster Flowers
26. Better Days Aster Flower Design
27. All Black Aster Flower Tattoo
28. Fun Aster and Lily of the Valley Tattoo
29. Aster Flower Heart Bundle
30. Deep Purple Aster Flower
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas – When it comes to choosing the perfect tattoo for you, it does get a bit overwhelming when you have to pick one out of so many. If you want a tattoo that’s strengthening and one that may express your love for animals, then you must get an animal tattoo inked on your body. Animal tattoos are one of the most common types of tattoos that people get quite frequently. Animal tattoos are also one of the most diverse tattoos as you can choose any animal you want, from wild animals to farm animals to birds and sea animals. Each of these tattoos has different meanings and symbolism; hence there is no single meaning for animal tattoos.
- Zodiac Tattoos – For believers in the stars, zodiac signs can be used to help people understand how they’re feeling, who they’re compatible with, and how lucky their week is going to be. But, perhaps what people get most out of their astrological signs is the small personality validations that come with each. That’s why folks are so keen on getting ink of their own sign — after all, what’s more, personal than a tattoo that subtly details to the world exactly who we feel we are? Zodiac tattoos are cool because not only are they representative of oneself or a loved one, but there are also so many different ways to interpret them into art.
- Fascinating Book Tattoo Ideas – A tattoo is a way of self-expression for a life-time. So why not choose a design from your favorite book? Literature has been inspirational for tattoo lovers for ages, especially children’s stories. They are filled with enchanting illustrations and memorable lines which can be used as body art.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.