Inside: Luck Filled Shooting Star Tattoo Designs + Ideas.
It’s considered lucky if you see a shooting star in real life. A tattooed version might represent the attraction of good fortune to the wearer. Seeing a shooting star represents the opportunity to make a wish.
Rihanna’s trail of shooting stars is probably one of the best-known celebrity tattoos. Perhaps it has delivered her luck in her brilliant career!
So, we decided we should share the luck with these totally adorable and amazingly designed shooting star tattoo ideas. From simple and little, to detailed and colorful, you are sure to be “lucky” enough to find one that you love.
The Meaning of a Shooting Star
Just seeing one is considered to be good luck. Some cultures believe that fallen souls believe that shooting stars represent souls that have been released from purgatory, allowing them to finally go up to heaven and be at peace. In other cultures, a shooting star is the soul of a new baby coming to Earth to be born.
Shooting Star Tattoo Meaning
A shooting star is often associated with a special moment in one’s life that left a lasting impression, whether that be a short romance, a special event, a person, a job, or anything else that may have changed one’s life. Shooting stars are also associated with being a dreamer or with someone who loves making wishes. You can depict the shooting star in several ways. If you get a comet, the design will have one star with a flaming tail. The most popular shooting star design is the one with multiple stars. These have a trail of several small stars that stretch across an area of skin. Sometimes they are all one color, but some people prefer to have each star be a different color.
Small Shooting Star Tattoo Designs
Let’s start with the small but mighty shooting start designs. If you’re looking for something subtle but still full of meaning, then these ideas are just perfect for you.
1. Simple Shooting Star Tattoo
2. Temporary Shooting Start Design
3. Shooting Star Ankle Idea
4. Star and Moon Tattoo Design
5. Small Stary Tattoo
6. Outlined Shooting Star Idea
7. Wish on a Shooting Star Tattoo
Simple Shooting Star Tattoo Ideas
We love simplicity, especially when there is already so much meaning involved. Making these simple shooting star tattoos some of our favorites.
8. Colorful Falling Star Tattoo
9. Matching Shooting Stars
10. Wavy Star Shooting Tattoo Idea
11. Single Needle Shooting Star Design
12. Detailed Shooting Star Idea
13. Shooting Star Across Arm
14. Dotted Star Design
Falling Star Tattoo
“Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket…. never let it fade away…” Name that movie!!! These special falling star tattoo ideas are perfect to keep for a rainy day.
15. Unique Falling Star Tattoo Idea
16. Colorful Falling Stars
17. Small Detailed Shooting Star Tattoo
18. Watching a Shooting Start
19. Subtle Shooting Star by Moon Tattoo
Shooting Star Foot Tattoo Designs
One of our favorite spots for tattoos on the foot. Although one of the more painful places, it’s totally worth it for these shooting star tattoo ideas.
20. Shooting Star Outline Foot Tattoo
21. Tiny Solar System Star Tattoo
22. Shooting Star Ankle Tattoo Design
23. Ankle Tattoo of Shooting Star
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
Find more tattoo inspiration below!
- Bird Tattoos for Women– What do bird tattoos mean? Bird tattoos are often associated with ideas of freedom, both mentally and physically. There are many different designs, each with more detailed symbolism, but the general idea is that winged creatures are linked with self-independence and control. Personally, I have two birds tattooed on my body and they are truly some of my favorites. Their meaning and design portray such soft feminine qualities, but always strong values.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Cute Animal Tattoos – When it comes to choosing the perfect tattoo for you, it does get a bit overwhelming when you have to pick one out of so many. If you want a tattoo that’s strengthening and one that may express your love for animals, then you must get an animal tattoo inked on your body. Animal tattoos are one of the most common types of tattoos that people get quite frequently. Animal tattoos are also one of the most diverse tattoos as you can choose any animal you want, from wild animals to farm animals to birds and sea animals.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.