Inside: Bird Tattoos for Women + Their Special Meaning
Expressing yourself with tattoos is becoming more common. Whether you’re honoring the memory of someone who has passed away or simply want to decorate your body with an object of your affection. Birds are graceful, delicate creatures often associated with nature and freedom, so they make excellent tattoo designs.
So if you’re looking for the perfect bird tattoo design to get inked, we’ve gathered some of our favorites to help you decide!
Table of Contents
Different Birds Symbolism + Meaning
Just like a bird flies free, a bird tattoo often means freedom. Maybe you have climbed your way out of disaster and are now free. Or maybe you want to express your newfound freedom. Bird tattoos are a great symbol for both!
They are also known for signifying peace, calmness, happiness, wisdom, and love.
Here are a few popular birds:
Cranes: Peace, Blessings, and Good Luck
Eagles: Courage, Rebirth, and Power
Owl: Insight, Wisdom, and Death
Swan: Light and Purity
Sparrow: Productivity, Diligence, and Creativity
Peacock: Serenity, Spring, and Vanity
Hummingbird: Joy, Love, and Healing
Cardinal: Equilibrium and Mystery
Bluebird: Joy, Honesty, and Harmony
Check out all the different meanings and symbolism of a wide variety of birds by clicking here!
Small Bird Tattoos for Women
These small designs are the cutest body art idea for your next tattoo session.
1. Flowery Hummingbird Tattoo
2. Flying Flock
3. Tiny Wrist Tattoo
4. Bright Blue Bird
5. Tiny Cardinal
6. Bird Tattoo Girl Design
7. Flying Bird Tattoo Simple
8. Flowery Bird Sleeve Tattoo
Bird Chest Tattoos for Women
Are you a bold gal? These chest tattoos are for those body, brave, and birdie ladies out there.
9. Black and White Sparrow
10. Matching Bird Design
11. Large Chest Piece Tattoo for Women
12. Flying Birds on Chest
13. Detailed Bird on Branch
Bird Tattoo Designs for Women
From sweet perched baby birds hummingbirds, and modern designs, these bird tattoos are full of beauty and inspiration.
14. Perched Little Birdie
15. Detailed Crane Tattoo
16. Single Line Bird Art
17. Mandala Bird Design
18. Watercolor Hummingbird
19. Old School Bird Design
20. Bird Tattoo Photo
Arm Tattoos of Birds
These detailed arm designs are some of our all-time favorites.
21. Bird on Branch Outline
22. Birds Playing
23. Playing with Flower
24. Flying Sparrow
25. Bold Cardinal
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Humming Bird Tattoo Ideas – A popular subject in the tattoo world is the Hummingbird. It is a thing of beauty that has unique shapes and amazing abilities. Capturing those qualities in a tattoo can be really rewarding. Have a look at our list of the Prettiest Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.