Inside: Bird Tattoos for Women + Their Special Meaning
What do bird tattoos mean? Bird tattoos are often associated with ideas of freedom, both mentally and physically. There are many different designs, each with more detailed symbolism, but the general idea is that winged creatures are linked with self-independence and control.
Personally, I have two birds tattooed on my body and they are truly some of my favorites. Their meaning and design portray such soft feminine qualities, but always strong values.
Check out our favorite bird tattoos for women and their amazing meaning.
Different Birds Symbolism + Meaning
A bird tattoo meaning is deep and primarily stands for freedom, independence, and fearlessness. Some people who choose to get a bird symbol inked on their body tell us something that is individually unique to that person and his or her experience. They often relate to one of the following:
- Spirituality, higher understanding, or a connection to the being supreme
- Self-sufficiency, self-actualization, or the power of self-direction
- To enhance perspectives or capabilities, like agility, lightness, buoyancy, and the ability to rise above adversity.
Birds that represent freedom can mean mental autonomy, spiritual self-direction, and independence from the hindrances of physical capabilities or freedom of any other choice.
Here are a few popular birds and their unique meaning:
Cranes: Peace, Blessings, and Good Luck
Eagles: Courage, Rebirth, and Power
Owl: Insight, Wisdom, and Death
Swan: Light and Purity
Sparrow: Productivity, Diligence, and Creativity
Peacock: Serenity, Spring, and Vanity
Hummingbird: Joy, Love, and Healing
Cardinal: Equilibrium and Mystery
Bluebird: Joy, Honesty, and Harmony
As a whole, bird tattoos represent physical and spiritual freedom in life, and each type of bird symbolizes an even deeper and more insightful representation of what it means to honestly live a free and happy life.
Check out all the different meanings and symbolism of a wide variety of birds by clicking here!
Small Bird Tattoos for Women
These small designs are the cutest body art idea for your next tattoo session.
1. Flowery Hummingbird Tattoo
2. Flying Flock
3. Tiny Wrist Tattoo
4. Bright Blue Bird – I love how detailed and little this bird tattoo is.
5. Tiny Cardinal
6. Bird Tattoo Girl Design – Another one of our favorite colors and detailed design tattoo ideas.
7. Flying Bird Tattoo Simple
8. Flowery Bird Sleeve Tattoo
Bird Chest Tattoos for Women
Are you a bold gal? These chest tattoos are for those body, brave, and birdie ladies out there.
9. Black and White Sparrow
10. Matching Bird Design – I love these matching birds and the pretty symmetrical design.
11. Large Chest Piece Tattoo for Women
12. Flying Birds on Chest
13. Detailed Bird on Branch
Bird Tattoo Designs for Women
From sweet perched baby birds hummingbirds, and modern designs, these bird tattoos are full of beauty and inspiration.
14. Perched Little Birdie
15. Detailed Crane Tattoo
16. Single Line Bird Art – A unique and modern take on a bird tattoo design.
17. Mandala Bird Design
18. Watercolor Hummingbird
19. Old School Bird Design
20. Bird Tattoo Photo – How beautiful is this outline hummingbird tattoo idea?
Arm Tattoos of Birds
These detailed arm designs are some of our all-time favorites.
21. Bird on Branch Outline
22. Birds Playing
23. Playing with Flower
24. Flying Sparrow
25. Bold Cardinal – This bold and vibrant bird is full of beautiful detail and design.
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Humming Bird Tattoo Ideas – Hummingbirds are a popular choice for tattoo designs since they are very detailed and delicate-looking birds. Many tattoo lovers are opting for the hummingbird tattoo given the bird’s unique capabilities and beauty. Tattoos that utilize birds of any type at the center of their design have gained a lot of preference because they incorporate color, creativity, and a natural image.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Every tattoo has a story that’s meant to be told, shared, celebrated, and experienced. One particular design that’s making waves across the Internet is that of a semicolon tattoo. They aren’t just a trend, they’re a symbol of a silent fight. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas!
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.