Inside: Camellia tattoo ideas for flower lovers.
Have you ever seen a camellia flower? They are one of my all time favorite flowers for so many reasons. Of course, their look has something to do with it, but it actually goes much deeper than that.
Flowers are great natural beauties, but they also hold their own philosophical meanings that just add to their depth and their grace. Camelia flowers are not an exception to the rule! In fact, the meaning behind the Camelia flower is one of my all-time favorites, and I want to share that with you today.
Below you will find over 30 of some of the most romantic camellia tattoo ideas, plus a detailed explanation of their meeting. Are you ready to jump into this? Let’s go!
Table of Contents
How Much Will a Camellia Tattoo Cost?
That is a lovely question, but I can only give you a half-answer because it changes with every tattoo. Since tattoos are a very individual thing, I could never guess which one you would get. Thus, I cannot give you an accurate estimate.
But what I can say is that if you have a small budget, then a small tattoo is better. This is because most tattoo artists will charge you on an hourly basis, so if it takes longer, you are out more cash.
When you have your consultation, your artist will be able to tell you in more detail how much your tattoo will cost you.
Will This Tattoo Hurt?
Yes, this tattoo is going to hurt. In general, I don’t think you could get a tattoo that is completely painless. But there are some tricks that you can use to help lower the amount of pain that you feel on tattoo day.
1. Numbing Cream or Spray – This stuff became my best friend when I was getting one of my bigger pieces done. You just spray it on, give it a few minutes, and the area you applied it to becomes numb. I am not kidding when I say this saved me a few tears.
2. Choose a Safe Area – By safe area, I am referring to an area on your body where tattoos hurt less. Yep, there are spots that hurt more than others. A good rule of thumb is to avoid anything that sits near your bones, like your ribs or your hands.
Camellia Tattoo Meaning
If you are like me, then you are probably interested in the meaning behind this floral tattoo. I have done some research, and the answer may surprise you.
According to Bloom and Wild:
Step aside roses because camellias are one of the most romantic flowers around. They have a very deep meaning of romantic love, devotion, adoration and care. In China, this flower symbolises two lovers where the petals represent the woman, and the calyx (the green leafy part) represents the man. These two parts are joined together, even after the flower withers. Normally, when the petals start to fall the calyx will stay intact. But, with camellias, the petals and the calyx both fall together. So, it also represents eternal love and long-lasting devotion. If that’s not the most romantic thing you’ve ever heard, then we don’t know what is!
How sweet is this? I was so excited to learn the meaning behind this gorgeous flower. Not only is it beautiful, but it is rich in meaning as well. So if you were looking for a flower to symbolize love for eternity, this is the one for you.
Camellia Tattoo Ideas
First up, I wanted to show you just how brilliant a camellia tattoo can be. Take a look to see just how unique each flower is when different artists use their skill to recreate it.
1. Cute Little Cover Up Tattoo – This first one was literally done as a cover-up, and yet it looks so beautiful that I had to start my list with it. That is how nice this flower is.
2. Watercolor Red Floral Tattoo – Watercolor is a unique style of tattooing that I just adore. I think you will, too, when you see this example!
3. Red Flower Abstract Idea – You don’t need the flower to be intact for its symbolism to still be there. Check this one out.
4. Camellia Heart Idea – This person is capitalizing on the romance factor of the camellia by shaping it into a heart. I love it!
5. Florals on Chest – I love the placement of these flowers; it’s very bold and in charge.
6. White Flower Idea – The camellia doesn’t just have to be red; they can be softer colors too. Take this one for example.
7. Name with Pink Idea – Here, I have a beautiful pink option. I think you will love this.
8. Red Camillia Idea – I don’t think you can get anything better than the classic red. But that is just me, I love the bold.
9. Red Flower Idea – You can tell the camellia apart by its petals, they are unique and inviting.
10. Red Flower with Hummingbird – Here is an example of how you can add different ideas to your tattoo to make it more personalized.
11. Black and White Floral Idea – I wanted to add some black and white options for those of you out there who aren’t fond of colorful tattoos. You don’t need bright colors to convey the beauty of the camellia.
Unique Flower Tattoos
Next up, I have some really unique designs that I think you will enjoy. These are the epitome of class, and if you are going for a romantic tattoo, you will find inspiration below.
12. Unique Floral Idea
13. Horn with Camellia Flowers
14. Red Camellia In Unique Idea
15. Black and White Outline
16. Camellia Ink with Cute Tiger
17. Hyper Realistic Flower Idea
18. Watercolor Idea in Red
19. Red Lined Flowers with Snake
20. Flower with Dragon
Romantic Camellia Tattoo Ideas
Lastly, I wanted to show you some romantic camellia tattoo ideas. This list is near and dear to my heart because there are so many special ones on it. Take a look, I know you are going to find a design that suits you perfectly.
21. Camellia Flower Sleeve
22. Red Flower with Gbibli Character
23. Simple Colored Outline Idea
24. Sweet Red Camellias
25. Chandelier with Camellia
26. Black and White Branch
27. Hyper Realistic Mini Flowers
28. 2 Birds Chest Piece
29. Flower with Acorn Ideas
30. B&W Flowers with Snake
31. Abstract Idea with Black Squares
32. Red Flower Sleeve Idea
33. Colorful Floral Idea
34. Perfect Red Flowers
35. Light Pink Traditional Idea
Did I tell you? These are just some of the most beautiful tattoos you will ever see. The vibrant red that carries throughout most of these examples just makes my head spin. Even looking at this flower makes me swoon with romantic possibilities.
I hope you loved this list as much as I loved putting it together. I know that there are many flowers out there to choose from, so if you aren’t satisfied with this one, perhaps I could show you some more of my favorites.
Not everyone wants to have a romantic reason behind their tattoo, so check out some of my other flower tattoo ideas to find one that better suits you!