Inside: 93 Trendy + Small Tattoos for Women.
Tattoos are grand fashion statements and can add to your style in a big way. You can get many different styles, designs, and sizes of tattoos, but it’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking all tattoos have to be big and bold to be an eye-catching fashion statement. But no!
Small tattoos are absolutely popular and trendy, too.
If you’ve been flirting with the thought of getting a tattoo but aren’t sure where to start or what kind you want, check out this list of small tattoos for women that are trendy right now. You may just find the perfect tattoo here.
Table of Contents
Small Tattoo Ideas for Women
I don’t know about you, but I love a good tiny tattoo. I think one of my favorite sleeves that I have ever seen on someone consists of so many of them I couldn’t count. It is definitely a new style of tattoo sleeve, but one that I think is pretty cool.
Small tattoos are great for those out there who prefer to keep your ink hidden, for those who need some filler in their sleeve, or for tattoo lovers who don’t have a lot of funds but need to scratch that itch. I have found some of the coolest small tattoos women need ASAP.
From little hearts, tiny cherries, and the cutest little flower clusters this list is packed full of the littlest designs.
1. Black and White Pinky Promise Tattoo
2. Self Love Quote on Hip
3. Small Heart on Inner Finger
4. Cute Cherries on Ankle
5. Simple Bandaid Outline with Flowers
6. Small Outlined Butterfly Tattoo
7. Tiny Text on Neck
8. Single Line Flower Tattoo Idea
9. Typewriter Text Year Design
10. Happy and Sad Face Tattoo
11. Cresent Moon Tattoo on Hip
12. Create Quote on Hand
13. Small Tree Tattoo on Ribs
14. Little Mountain View Design
15. Flowers on Finger Tattoo
16. “Wild” with Bundle of Flowers
17. Cactus Outline on Ankle
18. Music Notes on Shoulder
19. Little Detailed Butterfly
20. Angel Wings Tattoo
Meaningful Small Tattoo Ideas for Women
We love meaningful tattoo designs, here are a few of our favorites.
21. Love Yourself Tattoo Art
22. Fingers Crossed Tattoo Design
23. Small Realistic Sunflower Tatttoo
24. “Be Kind” in Small Script Font
25. Tiny Bird Tattoo
26. Cute Small Hummingbird Tattoo Design
27. Little Fish Swimming Tattoo Idea
28. Black and White Flower Stems
29. Two Small Butterflies Tattoo
30. Little Bumblebee Design
31. Simple Daisy Tattoo on Wrist
32. Detailed Dragonfly Outline
33. Small Open Book Tattoo Idea
34. Little Lava Lamp Tattoo
35. Tiny Four Leaf Clover
36. Little Lightning Bold on Ankle
37. Smiley Face on Finger Idea
38. Black and White Bumblebee Tattoo
39. Matching Sparkle Tattoo
40. Amor Quote on Foot
Small Cute Simple Tattoos
Cute and simple these small tattoos for women are the best!
41. Small Single Line Portrait Tattoo
42. Leaf Stem Behind Ear
43. Heart Outline on Wrist
44. Art on Chest
45. Half of a Strawberry Tattoo
46. Pink Gummy Bear Tattoo Idea
47. Small Candy Heart Outline
48. Rainbow on Wrist Tattoo
49. Tiny Red Flower Tattoo Designs
50. “Honey” Written on Ribcage
51. Small Baby Text on Back of Neck
52. Self Love in Small Script
53. Shooting Star Tattoo
54. Red Scorpion Finger Tattoo Design
55. Small Lit Match Tattoo Idea
56. Little Snake Tattoo
57. Lemon Tattoo on Shoulder
58. Thin Line Sunset Design
59. Colorful Bundle of Flowers Tattoo
60. Green Leafy Stem Design
Cool Small Tattoos for Ladies
61. Colorful Birds Tattoo Ideas
62. Soft Blue Cresent Moon Tattoo Design
63. Lotus Tattoo Outline on Back
64. Small Flying Paper Plane Tattoo
65. Ocean Wave Outline Idea
66. Small Seashell Outline Tattoo Design
67. Black and White Pineapple Ankle Tattoo
68. Small Music Notes
69. Little Bundle of Flowers on Breastbone
70. Text Curved Around Ankle Bone
71. Snake Thumb Tattoo
72. Thin Line Cross Tattoo on Finger
73. Angel Wings Design
74. Simple Cherry Outline Tattoo Idea
75. Subtle Henna Inspired Finger Tattoo
76. Little Semi-Colon Tattoo
77. Wishbone Tattoo Design
78. Red Ink Butterfly Idea
79. Green Four-Leaf Clover Tattoo
Small Female Tattoos
We have a few more of our favorite small tattoos for women that you are going to love!
80. Small Outer space Inspired Tattoo
81. Black Single Line Rainbow Design
82. The Littlest Lightning Bolt
83. Small Smiley Face
84. Self Love Tattoo Design
85. Flowers Behind the Ear
86. Fun Flower in a Pot Temporary Tattoo
87. Small Music Note Tattoo
88. Outline of Elephant Ankle Tattoo
89. Heart Outline on Wrist
90. Small Candy Heart Outline
91. Tiny Bird Tattoo
92. Little Mountain View Design
93. Self Love Quote on Hip
Answering some important questions you may have concerning small tattoos, such as pain and cost. Let’s get into it!
Do They Hurt?
Yes, small tattoos hurt, but not as bad as big ones do. If only because they are smaller and you are in pain for less time. Also, since they are smaller, the tattoo is less likely to touch one of the rougher spots on your body(i.e., your ribs, wrists, and boney areas). How awesome is that?
They will still hurt but not as bad. If you are still worried about it, take a deep breath, I have a solution for you. Numbing cream is my saving grace when I go in for tattoo appointments. You can order it online and bring it with you; the cream goes on your area of choice and numbs it so you won’t feel as much during your appointment.
How Much Do Small Tattoos Women Need Cost?
One of my favorite things about small tattoos is their cost. Most small tattoos will only cost anywhere from $50-$100, depending on what you get. Since tattoo artists will charge you by the hour, the less time it takes to do the tattoo, the less you have to pay. That makes small tattoos for women all the cheaper.
But if you are going for a highly detailed tattoo, it can be more than that. The only way to see how much it will cost is by asking your tattoo artist how much their estimate is when you show them your tattoo idea. They will be able to tell you the exact amount.
Tiny & Creative Tattoos For Girls
This entire list is full of a great mixture of cool small tattoos women will love. It was hard to rank them, but here are some of my most favorite designs. You have no idea how cute these ideas are. Take a look!
94. Mixed and Matched Tattoos – This is the kind of sleeve I was talking about above when they get so many little ones that they come together to form their own version of a sleeve!
95. Realistic Dog Tattoo – This dog tattoo is crazy realistic, and I am shocked. I think this would be one of the more expensive tattoo options.
96. Important Initial Idea – Probably one of the cheapest on the list. This initial just goes to show how truly stripped back and simple you can make your tattoos.
97. Delicate Sunset Tattoo Idea – This line work is daintier than cotton candy. I love it! I am also deeply obsessed with sun tattoos, I have 2 of them myself.
98. Sweet Thumbprint Heart Idea – This is such a romantic idea. Whether it be in a loving way, from parent to daughter, or from husband to wife, this tattoo just shows how much of an imprint we have on each other’s lives.
99. Simple One Lined Cat Idea – I love one-lined art because it has such a simple beauty to it. If you love cats, then this is a great tattoo idea for you.
100. Heart with Flowers Growing Out of It – You can never go wrong with this classic, and those flowers are just super cute!
101. Tree with Mountains – I love this because it can represent so many things to an individual.
102. Angel Number Ideas – Angel numbers are messages that people get from their guardians above. If you have a number that you always see, then get it tatted!
Lovely Small Tattoo Ideas
Next up, I have some super lovely small tattoos women need to see. These are all so soft and delicate that I am obsessed. Each one has a strong feminine quality that is quiet and understated while still being present and strong. It’s a hard balance to be, but hey, that is what being a woman is all about.
103. Mini Butterfly Tattoo Idea
104. Sweet Sun and Moon Idea
105. Heart with Detailing
106. Dainty Little Flower Idea
107. Heart with Flower Idea
108. Elephant Grey Tattoo Idea
109. Mini Cup of Coffee Idea
110. Self Love Tattoo Idea
111. Love Lava Lamp Idea
112. Mini Sewing Scissors
More Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you like these small tattoos for women then check out a few more of our favorite designs.
- Pomegranate Tattoos – Sweet, ripe pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits ever! But did you realize they make pretty fantastic tattoos too? Their bright coloring and interesting shape make them stand out as a tattoo. The symbolism of pomegranate tattoos revolves around fertility. And if you are of Christian faith, you may be intrigued to know that the pomegranate is a sign of everlasting life and the resurrection.
- Our Favorite Freckle Tattoo Ideas – Consider cosmetic tattooing to add permanent eyeliner, faux freckles and give your lips the perfect color. Head out the door without having to spend time adding makeup or worrying about it melting away as the day goes on. While the prices vary, it’s not much more expensive than a typical tattoo. Considering how much money you spend on makeup in a year, you’ll see that it’s worth the upfront costs. Plus, can you imagine heading out the door with flawless makeup every day without all the effort?
- Peace Tattoo – It’s not necessary to be an old hippy to appreciate the love of a peace sign! These creative peace sign tattoo designs will get you excited and ready to make a commitment. They are a symbol for love, peace, being calm, and loving life. If this sounds like you, then don’t miss out! They look groovy in black and gray as well as colored, so you have to decide which you like the best.
- Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo Designs – Watercolor tattoo designs are filled with vibrant colors, thick and thin lines, and realistic artwork. Gaining traction over the years, watercolor tattoos are becoming more and more popular. Once you see them, you’ll understand why! These beautiful butterfly watercolor tattoos are stylish, unique, and creative. Many watercolor pieces are larger in size because it takes more space to properly shade and get it to look more realistic. Be sure to check out these lovely designs for your next watercolor butterfly tattoo.
Best Small Tattoos Women Will Love
Lastly, these are my favorite tattoos on this whole list. Each is so unique in its own way I am tempted to get every single one of them. I could too; nothing is stopping me but the knowledge that if I go that hard, I will run out of space for more tattoos in the future. Because of that, I must pace myself.
113. Realistic Little Goldfish – This goldfish tattoo is insane. It looks so realistic and refreshing.
114. Melting Clock Idea – This is a calling card to a very famous painting, but they stripped it back and made it simple.
115. Lavender Bud In Black and White – You can never go wrong with lavender. I have a lavender tattoo!
116. Cute Quote Idea – Cute quotes are a super simple and lovely way to go.
117. Simple Dainty Snake Idea – Snakes often represent change and growth because they are able to shed their skin as they go through life.
118. Little Orchid Idea – Orchids are correlated to femininity because…well, you know why.
119. Semi Colon Tattoo Idea – Semi Colon tattoos give you the message to keep on going. This is often associated with people who have survived suicide.
120. Moon with Flowers – I love this idea.
121. You can be funny with your ink even when it’s small.
I hope you love this list of small tattoos women. I enjoyed putting it together, so I’m hoping you had as good a time as I did. Which was probably too much fun because I know I don’t need any new tattoos anytime soon since I just got one! But hey, we all know how addicting tattoos can be, especially when they’re this cute.
If you love these ideas, then I think you should check out some of my other feminine tattoo lists that I put together. I enjoy dainty feminine tattoos as much as I enjoy traditional old tattoos, but I will say that these have a special place in my heart. Take a look.
Tattoos are an expression of our inner interests onto our outer shell. I look at them as a way to decorate myself with what I am passionate about. These small tattoos give you the opportunity to create a mural of passion on your body and I love it.