Inside: 25 Simple Butterfly Tattoo Ideas Full of Meaning.
The ideas are endless when it comes to getting a tattoo. From quotes to sacred symbols, you can opt for anything that complements your personality. Various people go for bold patterns and even inked skulls on their body whereas many tattoo lovers prefer to get a permanent butterfly.
These simple butterfly tattoo ideas are full of beauty and perfectly depicts human transformation as well, and that is why it is one of our favorite lists of tattoo ideas.
Butterfly Tattoo Meaning
Of course, each butterfly has a different meaning depending on its color and species. However, all tattoos featuring these majestic creatures share a common symbolism of:
- Gracefulness and dignity, in physical or spiritual terms
- Being born again after a traumatic experience or loss
- Transformations of any kind
- The soul itself, which is said to travel on the winds much like a butterfly
- Connecting to the rest of the universe or the power of nature around you
- Self-confidence and acceptance of your own abilities
- Embracing the changes that life brings instead of trying to fight against them and stay stagnant
- Emerging from your shell and showing off your inner beauty
Monarch Tattoo Designs
1. 3D Monarch Butterfly Design
2. Double Monarch Tattoo Idea
3. Monarchs Up the Back
4. Back of Arm Butterfly
5. Half Monarch, Half Outline
6. Watercolor Monarch Butterfly Tattoo Idea
7. Butterfly Forearm Tattoo
Semicolon Butterfly Designs
If you are looking for a unique twist on a butterfly tattoo, these semicolon beauties are an option and have a great meaning. If you want to learn more about the meaning behind a semicolon tattoo check out this post.
8. Half Butterfly, Half Semicolon
9. Purple Semicolon Butterfly Tattoo Idea
10. Small Semicolon Black and White Butterfly Tattoo
11. Semicolon Butterfly Tattoo
12. Colorful Semicolon Butterfly Idea
13. Monarch Semicolon Butterfly
Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo
There is something so beautiful and simple about these butterfly tattoo ideas.
14. Watercolor Butterfly Idea
15. Monarch Watercolor Butterfly
16. Purple Watercolor Butterfly Idea
17. Soft Butterfly Tattoo
18. Colorful Butterfly Cluster
19. Bright Colored Watercolor Butterfly
20. Pink Butterfly Tattoo
Tiny Butterfly Tattoo Ideas
21. Small Butterfly Ankle Tattoos
22. Little Monarch Butterflies
23. Red Butterfly Outline
24. Small Butterfly Wrist Tattoo Idea
25. Small Blue Butterfly
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Prettiest Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas – Hummingbirds are a popular choice for tattoo designs since they are very detailed and delicate looking birds. Many tattoo lovers are opting for the hummingbird tattoo given the bird’s unique capabilities and beauty. Tattoos that utilize birds of any type at the center of their design have gained a lot of preference because they incorporate color, creativity, and a natural image.
- Our Favorite Freckle Tattoo Ideas – Cosmetic tattooing is nothing new. From eyebrow microblading to permanent eyeliner, more and more people are turning toward ink to make sure they look flawless from the moment they wake up. One of the more popular processes at the moment is freckle tattoos. While excessive sun exposure can cause serious skin damage, faux freckles are the semi-permanent option to get you looking constantly sun-kissed.
- Cute Little Tattoos – Small tattoos may be discreet, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a huge impact. In fact, sometimes little tattoo ideas for women are the most meaningful! Plus, if you’re getting a tattoo for the first time, you may want to consider getting a tiny tattoo design somewhere that can be hidden. Nevertheless, with so many cute small tattoos to choose from, it can be a challenge picking just one piece of artwork.