Inside: 41 Magical Unicorn Tattoo Ideas.
Unicorns come in many shapes and sizes and can be designed in countless ways, while they are for the most part seen as a very feminine tattoo its certainly not exclusive to any gender, some of the best unicorn tattoo designs are on men and look great.
There’s a huge spectrum of feminine to masculine unicorn tattoos and on the very feminine side a girly unicorn design can be taken to the next level which actually results in some of the best and most vivid colored tattoos out there!
Here is a list of 41 magical unicorn tattoo ideas!
The Meaning of a Unicorn Tattoo
Because unicorns have been a mythical creature for so long, throughout history, the symbolism of the unicorn has changed and evolved while some meaning has stayed the same for centuries. The most common are feminity, power, beauty, spiritualism, and mystique. If you are wanting the unicorn tattoo to symbolize something specific, let your artist know as this could change the way the design is done.
Magical Unicorn Tattoo Ideas
1. Watercolored Beauty
2. Raine Unicorn Tattoo: If you aren’t sold on the idea of a unicorn tattoo just yet, this is actually a temporary tattoo. It’s perfect to test the magical waters.
3. Pretty Unicorn Head
4. Sketched Unicorn Cartoon
5. Rainbow Unicorn
6. Blue Unicorn
7. Tiny Unicorn with Wings
8. Unicorn Finger Tattoo
A Few of Our Favorite Ideas
9. Simple Rainbow Mane
10. Geometric Unicorn Tattoo
11. Blue & Black Unicorn
12. Pretty Unicorn
13. Framed Unicorn: A frame always adds a nice vintage touch to tattoo designs.
14. Purple Mane: It doesn’t get much more adorable than this wrist tattoo. The purple hair, pink, rose, and teal accents make this piece a delight to look at.
15. Colorful Creature
16. Cute Foot Tattoo
17. Sketched Unicorn Harp
18. My Little Pony Unicorn
19. Purple Toned Watercolor Unicorn: With a hint of geometric style and shading, this colorful bust of a unicorn is a very unique work of art.
20. Unicorn Moon
Glitter, Rainbows, and Magic
Unicorn tattoos are definitely not new in the body art scene but new designs, patterns and techniques can sure make them out-of-the-box and unique yet very individualistic and are a great choice for that first ink on your body. It is surely versatile and can be cute as well as bold, black-and-white and beautifully colorful.
21. Prancing Unicorn: Just a touch of color.
22. Gold Framed Unicorn
23. A Starry Unicron: An outline of a unicorn with the galaxy inside.
24. UFO Design: So that’s what happened to all the unicorns.
25. Rainbow Haired Unicorn
26. Adorable Finger Tattoo
27. Mythical Leg Piece: Another great example of the watercolor technique. Is that a drop of blood between the eyes?
28. My Little Pony Inspired: It seems like about a third of the unicorn tattoos on the web are influenced by the My Little Pony line of dolls.
Mythically Beautiful Unicorn Tattoo Ideas
29. Unicorn Profile
30. Origami-Inspired: It’s always nice to see new creative designs.
31. Gold Armed: This piece is simply breathtaking. Probably the most intricate design I’ve seen so far.
32. Small Ribcage Unicorn Tattoo: You’ve probably seen this tattoo around. It’s one of the most popular designs being shared around the web. So simple yet so beautiful. The amazing photo composition didn’t hurt either I’m sure.
33. Stretched Unicorn Rainbow
34. Royal Unicorn: This unicorn is beautiful and it looks like she knows it.
35. Blue Unicorn: Stylized design filled in with watercolor shading. Flawless.
36. Artistic Galaxy Unicorn: The silhouette of a unicorn jumping into the galaxy with beautiful stars and a triangle shape.
37. Zombie Skeleton: Another unique design of an almost zombie-like unicorn still enjoying life.
38. Unicorn in a Caldron: A well-drawn unicorn but the purple crystals really steal the show. Great use of pastel colors as well.
39. Unicorn with Ribbons
40. Front View: A unicorn design incorporating geometric shapes.
41. Unicorn with Flowers: The color scheme of this design is out of this world. The teal and pink make for a beautiful combination of colors.
Designing a Unicorn Tattoo
There are a few ways to go about getting the right unicorn design for you, the most common way is to get the design done by the tattoo artist, usually done by consultation, letting them know what you have in mind and showing examples of other designs you like.
Another way is to have a design that is already done by another artist, although permission from the original artist is required and some tattoo artists prefer not to and sometimes refuse to tattoo another artists work, this usually isn’t the case with well-known work like movies and tv.
The last most common way to get the right design is to draw it yourself, whether you have the artistic ability to do the design well or not doesn’t matter as the tattoo artist will be able to take your idea and turn it into a design you can be happy with.
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Small Tattoo Ideas for Men – Small tattoos for men can be significant or just a whim of an idea. Maybe you already have a sleeve full of ink or your back is full of tattoos that you can’t show off and you want just something small to show off.
- Semicolon Tattoo IdeasEach tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – One inspiration. One beautiful thought. One meaningful masterpiece turned from abstract idea into a creative masterpiece displayed on your skin. One needle lightly tapping the flesh, and one artist turning dreams into reality.