Inside: Beautiful Gardenia Tattoo Ideas (Simple + Minimalist)
If you are searching for a flower tattoo, you will love our collection of the best gardenia flower tattoo designs. These cool designs make up the best tattoos we have seen. But with so many different types of creative and unique tattoos, it can be tough choosing the perfect artwork for you. From our experience, the gardenia flower tattoo designs stem from timeless, classic ideas.
With the Gardenia tattoo design options at hand, don’t wait any longer to give this beautiful flower a try. The gentle yet mystical flower comes in varied shapes and sizes that can be placed according to personal choice. As we all know, a Gardenia tattoo can be equivalent to a thousand words.
Don’t forget to let us know your favorite gardenia flower tattoo, and what tattoo you’re getting next!
Gardenia Tattoo Meaning
The gardenia is a flower that symbolizes purity and gentleness. However, this symbolism often depends on the color of the gardenia. For example, the white gardenia best fits this meaning.
Another symbol of the gardenia is secret love between two people and also joy. Most often, gardenia flowers are given as symbols of trust. They show love and respect for a person (usually a partner). They can also symbolize clarity. This isn’t always a positive connotation – in fact, you could use a gardenia flower to show that you know more than you need to know
Finally, we must note that the gardenia symbolizes everything related to the spiritual world, especially pure attraction. It’s a mystical flower associated with the power of attraction and positive energy.
White Gardenia Flower
Of all the gardenias, the white gardenia stands out because it has the greatest symbolism. The white color of its petals symbolizes the purity of a loved one, the purity of a relationship, etc. Gardenias in this color convey peace and harmony, which is why they’re often used in interior decoration and even for gifts.
Red Gardenia Flower
We should note that the meaning behind the red gardenia is distinct from the white gardenia. The red gardenia symbolizes the secret love between two people. Like red roses, red gardenias are also a symbol of passion and love but associated with secrecy. Usually, the gift of red gardenias is a silent way of saying “I love you.” Red gardenias convey several feelings, not just love, towards a person. They also show admiration, respect, etc.
What is the Cultural Significance of a Gardenia?
Gardenias originated in Asia, found in countries such as Japan, Taiwan, and China. It has been grown in this region for more than 300 years, typically harvested for its use as a yellow dye.
It was also used medically to treat anxiety, infection, and depression. There are roughly 200 species of these flowers growing in Africa and Asia.
The gardenia was brought to Europe in the mid-1700s. Here, the flower quickly became revered as a symbol of secret love, sophistication, joy, and purity. Its multiple layers of petals give it a complex appearance that only adds to its allure.
The gardenia has long been given as a traditional flower for special occasions in France. If given to a man in England in early years, it was viewed as a harbinger of good luck. Pakistan considers the gardenia its national flower, too.
Gardenia Flower Tattoo Ideas
If a mystery is all you seek to get body art, a gardenia flower tattoo can be the best choice. The simple petals of this flower look not only beautiful but also comfortable to achieve. Although gardenia is a delicate flower, you can add a robust element to it with this design. By adding dark black outlines to the tattoo, the design will stand out even in a room of a crowd.
1. Gardenia Flowers in Shape of Heart
2. Black and White Gardenia Shoulder Piece
3. Pretty Group of Flowers Tattoo
4. White Ink Gardenia Design
5. Large Arm Piece of Gardenia Flowers
6. Perfectly Shaded Flower Tattoo
7. Pretty Pink Toned Gardenia Flower Design
8. Single Stem Gardiana Flowers
9. Soft Thin Line Flower Design
10. Blue Gardenia Flower
Small Gardenia Tattoo Designs
Tattoos don’t have to be large to make an impact. Today, smaller tattoos are trending – especially for women. That’s because dainty body art can seem more elegant than oversized pieces or full sleeves as the tattoo will appear more in proportion. Tiny inkings can also be easily covered by clothing. Just because they are smaller in size, doesn’t mean they are any less meaningful.
11. Gardenia Tattoo Outline
12. Simple Flower Tattoo Idea for Men
13. Small Ankle Flower Design
14. Gardenia in a Circle
15. Cluster of Flowers on Back
16. Small Temporary Flower Tattoo
17. Flowers in the Shape of the Moon Tattoo Design
Beautiful Gardenia Flower Body Art
Gardenias make for tattoos that are both beautiful and delicate. Usually, they are chosen to represent love, refinement, and purity, although this can depend slightly on the color.
These designs are the best representation of just how meaningful and special these flowers can be. Here are a few more of our favorite gardenia flower tattoos.
18. Group of Gardenia Flowers
19. White Gardenia Flower Design
20. Unique Linework of Gardenia Flower Tattoo
21. Single Line Minimalist Gardenia Tattoo
22. Colored Gardenia Design with White Ink
23. Single Stem Flower Tattoo
24. Blooming Gardenia Flower Art
25. Large Outlined Design of Gardenia
26. Floral Spine Tattoo Design
27. Watercolor Gardenia Flower Idea
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you love these beautiful gardenia tattoo ideas then you should check out a few more fun flower tattoo designs.
- Pretty Poppy Flower Tattoos – Poppies have long been cultivated in many parts of the world. Despite the fact the drugs of opium, codeine, and morphine extracted from the flower, poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death. A lot of people ink red poppy tattoos simply because of the attraction of the beautiful flowers. The symbolism of this meaningful flower doesn’t end there, though. It can also be used as a symbol of imagination, messages delivered in dreams, beauty, success, luxury, extravagance, and even peace in death.
- May Birth Flower Tattoos – The Lily of the valley tattoos symbolize purity, humility, sincerity, and discretion. But most importantly, they symbolize happiness. The lily of the valley is also the “birth month flower” for May. So, that makes it an official flower of Gemini. People born under this star sign often get a lily of the valley tattoo to represent their star sign. The beauty and meanings behind this flower make it the most popular tattoo design.
- Violet Flower Tattoo Ideas – When you spot a violet flower tattoo, you are probably going to see it in a lot of creative ways. The great thing about floral tattoos is that they can be the focus of the tattoo or used as filler and this can change the meaning of the tattoo altogether. Check out our favorite pretty flower tattoo ideas and their beautiful meaning and design.