Inside: Pretty Poppy Tattoo Designs + Ideas.
Flower tattoo has always been one of the popular choices for women’s tattoo ideas. From time to time cupped shape poppy flowers came into our view among the beautiful tattoos. Poppies have long been cultivated in many parts of the world. Despite the fact the drugs of opium, codeine, and morphine extracted from the flower, poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death.
A lot of people ink red poppy tattoos simply because of the attraction of the beautiful flowers.
Poppy tattoos could be rendered in watercolor style or bloody red realistic style. If you have an interest in the mystery flower tattoos, here is the list of showcases for your inspiration.
What Does the Poppy Flower Symbolize?
The poppy is a common symbol that has been used to represent everything from peace to death and even simply sleeps. When used on tombstones, poppies represent eternal sleep. This symbolism was referenced in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in which a mystical poppy field could make the characters sleep forever.
When used in wartime commemorations, red poppies, in particular, are believed to represent respect and solemnity for fallen soldiers.
The California poppy is the state flower of California with the red poppy is the national flower of Albania.
The symbolism of this meaningful flower doesn’t end there, though. It can also be used as a symbol of imagination, messages delivered in dreams, beauty, success, luxury, extravagance, and even peace in death.
Poppy Flower Tattoo Designs
Poppy tattoos are often chosen in shades of bright red, but it’s also common to find designs with black and gray tones to highlight the elegance and natural beauty of this flower. It is often used to commemorate soldiers fallen on the battlefield, as well as to more generally symbolize life and death.
1. Single Needle Stem Poppy Flower
2. Small Ankle Poppy Design
3. Bicep Poppy Bundle Tattoo
4. Watercolored Flower Art
5. Matching Poppy Wrist Tattoos
6. Large Back Poppy Design
7. Behind the Ear Poppy Tattoo
Poppy Tattoo Black and White Ideas
The black poppy flower tattoo meaning is sadness, anxiety, grief, or death. Also, such a tattoo design can indicate a person who in any way is connected with witchcraft or otherworldly forces. In general, the black poppy flower tattoo has a negative meaning.
8. Outlined Poppy Flower Bundle Tattoo
9. Tiny Poppy Black and White Outline Flower
10. Black and White Shaded Poppy Tattoo Idea
11. One Line Tattoo Art
12. Poppy Flowers Blooming on Body Tattoo
13. Single Stemmed Poppy Design
Red Poppy Tattoo Designs
Red poppies are usually linked to consolation, remembrance, and death. The red poppy is used as a way to recognize fallen soldiers – most notably those who died in World War II. However, in Eastern cultures, poppies usually symbolize love and success instead, a stark contrast to their solemn Western symbolism.
14. Spotted Red Poppy Design Idea
15. Traditional Style Tattoo Art – Poppys
16. Red Flower Tattoo Idea
17. Painted Poppy Tattoo Design
18. Poppy Booty Design Idea
19. Ankle Flower Tattoo Design
Opium Poppy Tattoo Art
The deep maroon coloration subtly appeals to those who possess ample quantities of testosterone. Poppy tattoos fiercely invoke feelings of passion or violence. In addition to their illustrative significance, these magnificent flowers are a source of serious medicinal benefits. Because they are a provider of natural opium, survivors of painful treatments often get poppies emblazoned on their skin to celebrate the substance that helped them recover.
20. Red Poppy Stem Art
21. Vibrant Poppy Foot Tattoo
22. Full Arm Poppy Flower
23. Opium Poppy Tattoo with Quote
24. 3D Poppy Flower Design
25. California Poppy Tattoo Design
26. – 56. Poppies as August birthday tattoos
57. – 109. Poppy flowers as ankle tattoos
110. – 135. Poppy designs with lace tattoo
136. A poppy bouquet you’ll want to have on your leg asap
137. Poppies as part of a black sleeve looks really great
PS. See all our black sleeve tattoo inspiration right here!
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas – When it comes to choosing the perfect tattoo for you, it does get a bit overwhelming when you have to pick one out of so many. If you want a tattoo that’s strengthening and one that may express your love for animals, then you must get an animal tattoo inked on your body. Animal tattoos are one of the most common types of tattoos that people get quite frequently. Animal tattoos are also one of the most diverse tattoos as you can choose any animal you want, from wild animals to farm animals to birds and sea animals.
- Zodiac Tattoos – For believers in the stars, zodiac signs can be used to help people understand how they’re feeling, who they’re compatible with, and how lucky their week is going to be. But, perhaps what people get most out of their astrological signs is the small personality validations that come with each. That’s why folks are so keen on getting ink of their own sign — after all, what’s more, personal than a tattoo that subtly details to the world exactly who we feel we are? Zodiac tattoos are cool because not only are they representative of oneself or a loved one, but there are also so many different ways to interpret them into art.
- Fascinating Book Tattoo Ideas – A tattoo is a way of self-expression for a lifetime. So why not choose a design from your favorite book? Literature has been inspirational for tattoo lovers for ages, especially children’s stories. They are filled with enchanting illustrations and memorable lines which can be used as body art. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Harry Potter, The Little Prince are just some of the most popular books composed of quotes with deep meanings.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.