Inside: Beautiful Half Butterfly Flower Tattoo Ideas.
From children’s drawings to gorgeous tattoos, butterflies have long been a source of inspiration for artists of all backgrounds. With their dazzlingly bright colors and intricately carved wings, butterflies are one of the purest, most beautiful aspects of nature. Flitting from place to place, this ethereal insect has inspired poetry and paintings from all over the world.
Nothing quite captures a beautiful summer’s day, the delicacy of new love, or the metamorphosis of life like the butterfly. Butterfly tattoos are as varied and multi-layered as the symbolism associated with this delicate bug.
For many years, butterfly tattoos have been part of the tattoo culture itself.
The ultimate symbol of womanhood, butterflies are one of the most common tattoos for women to choose. Beautiful, pure, and ultimately fragile, butterflies represent strength. Everyone knows that butterflies begin as caterpillars, fighting to become the lovely butterfly. Oftentimes we have to go through immense growth and change to achieve true peace and beauty in this life.
The butterfly is the perfect representation for this metamorphosis as they themselves have to endure extreme metamorphosis.
A few other butterfly tattoo ideas:
Table of Contents
Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo
What’s more feminine than a butterfly and flower tattoo combined? One wing butterfly, one wing blossom. Butterflies are an integral part of a flower’s life cycle, and visa versa. You cannot have one without the other.
There’s a bit of yin and yang balance to a butterfly flower tattoo. Just as there’s a balance in our own lives every day. The good and the bad, the exciting and the scary.
The duality of a butterfly and flower tattoo represents the very duality of life itself.
Here are a few floral tattoo ideas to inspire the ink design:
- Peony tattoos are a great large bloom to fill a full butterfly wing with.
- Another great bloom to consider is a ranunculus tattoo for its detailed petal design.
- Connect your design inspiration to your birth month with a full year of birth flower tattoos.
- The newest way I’ve seen this half and half version done is with small sunflower tattoos as one side.
- Or go a more black line way with the black eyed susan tattoo as the matching opposite.
- Or pick an entire bouquet like many of the options we have shown here and use various tiny flower tattoos to create a look that is pure art.
These favorite butterfly-flower tattoo ideas will give your imagination wings with their gorgeous designs.
Beautiful Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo Ideas
1. Big Bold Butterfly on Back
2. Half Sunflower Half Butterfly
3. Small and Detailed
4. Matching Butterfly Tattoos
5. Sunflower Wing
6. Extremely Detailed Design
7. Wispy Wild Flowers
8. Detailed Outline
9. Butterfly Flower Bundle
10. Large Side Piece Butterfly
Colorful Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo Ideas
11. Pretty Watercolor Flowers
12. Pastel Flower Butterfly Wing
13. Purple Flower Wings
14. Pink Rose Butterfly Tattoo
15. Colorful Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo
16. Green Butterfly Idea
17. Beautiful Monarch Flower Butterfly
18. Red Rose Butterfly
19. Pretty Pink Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo
20. Detailed Colorful Flower Bundle
21. Bright Half Butterfly Half Flower Tattoo
Float Like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee – These Ideas are All You Need
22. Butterfly in Bloom
23. Yellow Butterfly with Flowers
24. Pink Butterfly Art
25. Detailed Poppy Design
26. Monarch Succulent
27. Pretty Orange Butterfly Blooms
28. Detailed Yellow Butterfly
29. Sunflower Butterfly Tattoo
30. Flying in Bloom
31. All Pink Butterfly
Colorful Butterfly Flower Coverup Tattoo Ideas
Introducing elements of color to your butterfly flower tattoo brings life to any design and has the added bonus of being able to be used as a coverup tattoo idea. Create a look that is beautiful and can hide scars, or older ink versions you might not love any longer.
32. This abstract watercolor version of the design is a fun way to add a burst of energy to your ink design.
33. A dreamcatcher with all these pretty elements combined by Peria.
34. Blue on blue butterfly with small flower making up the other wing by Aroha, I just love the watercolor edges and details here.
35. Another blue gem that incorporates a pretty butterfly, flowers and mandela as part of the design.
Half Butterfly Rose Tattoo
The rose tattoo holds the classic meaning of beauty and when paired with a half butterfly tattoo showcasing femininity, it’s a wonderful way to put to skin the internal beauty you have within.
36. A collarbone tattoo by Nagihi at Rainfall Tattoo that is as wispy as it is meaningful.
37. I’m a big fan of Butterfly outlines but this one seen on Michaela’s portfolio incorporating the rose into the design is my favorite line work detail yet.
38. A classic pink version like this beauty by Ori is always a favorite tattoos of roses and butterflies design to me. \
39. For a color variation, try out a blue rose butterfly tattoo, this one @EazyFace.
Floral Butterfly Tattoo
Floral tattoos come in so many shapes and sizes, but adding the butterfly detail to an otherwise lonely bloom makes for a tattoo that is stylish and beautiful to look at.
40. More of a flower with butterfly detail! I adore this take by Borderline tatouage on the more traditional design.
41. A sweetly simple butterfly flower ankle tattoo that is a nice way to get great detail into a small space.
42. Queen of the fine line tattoos what great design this more angular version of the butterfly and flower with half moon tattoo by Quik Ink came out.
43. Pretty details on this tattoo with an entire bouquet of flowers making up a wing of the butterfly that nicely covers up a scar by Britt Ink.
44. A full flower with stem and leaves tattoo that has butterfly elements like this one by Ipek Sen is such a great way to make a plain arm pretty.
45. And just to show the concept can work in a darker way for guys as well, this version of a butterfly flower is both beautiful and masculine in its own right.
46. A 3 butterfly shoulder tattoo that stopped me in my scroll! Did you know putting 3 butterflies in your design symbolizes completeness and wholeness? Gorgeous work by Joice Wang.
47. Looking for something delicate for a forearm tattoo design? If do I love this angled version of the roses on the wings by Zalanak Ink.
More Tattoo Ideas You Will Love
- Our Favorite Freckle Tattoo Ideas – Consider cosmetic tattooing to add permanent eyeliner, faux freckles and give your lips the perfect color. Head out the door without having to spend time adding makeup or worrying about it melting away as the day goes on. While the prices vary, it’s not much more expensive than a typical tattoo. Considering how much money you spend on makeup in a year, you’ll see that it’s worth the upfront costs. Plus, can you imagine heading out the door with flawless makeup every day without all the effort?
- Cute Little Tattoos – Little tattoos can be personal and discreet, but they can also have a giant meaning and connection for the wearer. Smaller tattoos can be good for those just starting with tattoos…you know…see if you like it before committing to a large image. If you are just starting, or looking to add something small to your existing collection, check our our list of Cute Little Tattoos.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women in particular have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on