Inside: Best Cherry Blossom Tattoo Ideas – Beautiful + Ornate.
Cherry blossom trees are one of the most easily recognizable tress in the world. Its delicate beauty and prominent presence in literature, film, and song make it stand out. Many people all over the world have cherry blossom tattoos. It’s one of the most popular designs for tradition and non-traditional tattoo artists alike. As there is so much symbolism attached to the cherry blossom, this makes it one of the most ideal subjects for a meaningful tattoo.
The internet is full of different cherry blossom designs that will certainly give you inspiration for your very own! Check out some of the ideas below to see if any of them call out to you!
Sakura Flower Tattoos
The Japanese world for the cherry blossom is “sakura.” In Japan, the time of year when the cherry blossoms bloom is called Sakura Season. People from all over the world literally flock to Japan to bask in the beauty of these blooming blossoms. Because the cherry blossoms only bloom for two weeks–if that–people watch was is affectionately referred to as the flower forecast to make sure they don’t miss out on their region’s cherry blossoms. In Japan, Sakura Season is sacred. The fragility and fleetingness of the cherry blossoms is symbolic of life itself–fragile, fleeting, and precious. The flower has come to symbolize the Japanese spirit: resilient, strong, and beautiful.
Cherry Blossom Tattoo Meaning
Native to Asia, specifically Japan, China, and South Korea, cherry blossoms bloom in the spring for just a handful of weeks. When the petals begin to drop, it’s like standing in a pink, sweet-smelling blizzard. Some people like that time best, when the trees begin to shake petals like snow from their branches.
In Japan, there has been a tradition called “hanami” that has been performed for centuries. Its literal translation is “watching blossoms.” People with bring food and drink during hanami to watch the flowers bloom with friends and families. Workplaces and schools will often host parties during hanami to incorporate Japan’s national flower into the festivities.
Japanese Cherry Blossom Tattoo Ideas
1. Cherry Blossom Tree Tattoo
2. Large Blossom Back Tattoo
3. Watercolor Cherry Blossom Tattoo
4. Large Shoulder Tattoo
5. Cherry Blossom Tattoo Sleeve Branch
6. Skura Flower Tattoo
7. Cherry Blossom Tattoo Idea
Black and White Flower Ideas
8. Fine Line Blossom Tattoo
9. Small Black and White Idea
10. Cherry Blossom Tattoo Black and White
11. Small Blossom Tattoo
12. Black and White Thigh Tattoo
Small Cherry Blossom Designs
13. Super Small Sakura Stem
14. Soft Blossom Design
15. Wrist Tattoo Idea
16. Forearm Tattoo
17. Cherry Blossom Branch
18. Small Cherry Tattoo
19. Simple Sakura Stem Tattoo
20. Cherry Blossom Ankle Tattoo
21. Cherry Blossom Shoulder Tattoo
22. Single Flower Design
23. Small Behind the Ear
More Beautiful Flower Ideas
- Lily Flower Tattoos – Searching for that perfect next tattoo design can be a fun and exciting time! Lily tattoo designs are beautiful, creative, and can be found in various styles. Lily flower tattoos look great in both large and smaller designs. They symbolize love, pride, beauty, rebirth, and purity. Expressing yourself with such a powerful tattoo is easy with these design ideas. Check them out to get some inspiration on which style of lily tattoo to get.
- Daisy Tattoo Ideas – Daisy tattoos are some of the most beloved designs in the tattoo industry, and you don’t have to look far to see why! With their bold simplicity and delicate elegance, daisies will always be in style. Whether you’re looking for something bold or sweet, one of these timeless daisy tattoo designs are sure to catch your eye.
- Flower Tattoo Ideas – It’s no surprise that flower tattoos can be insanely beautiful, unique, and meaningful. Depending on the size and shape of the tattoo design, they can pretty much go anywhere on your body and look fantastic. While many flower tattoos are elegant and feminine, there are some pretty popular ones that are more masculine. A large black rose tattoo is hard to beat because they look so cool. But big, brightly colored blossoms are also incredible too. No matter what your style is, I’m sure you’ll find a flower tattoo that is calling your name.