Inside: Top begonia tattoo ideas & the meaning behind them.
Begonias are one of my all-time favorite plants. They are a little hard to keep alive, but once you get the hang of them, you have a plant for life. Personally, I am a big plant fanatic. I am not joking when I say I have upwards of 40 in my house. I am breathing the FRESHEST air, thank you very much.
I have been thinking about adding a begonia to my tattoo collection, so I took some time looking through some of the best ideas the internet had to offer. I have compiled them below, so if you are interested in a begonia tattoo, you are in the right place!
But before we get into that, I thought I would go over some of the important background info on this tattoo: its meaning, it’s price and more. So let’s dive in, shall we?
Begonia Tattoo Meaning
According to plantinformer.com, this plant is “Native to Brazil and South America, the Polka Dot Begonia, otherwise known as Begonia Maculata, Trout Begonia, Clown Begonia, or Spotted Begonia is a fun and dramatic houseplant that is sure to leave an impression.”
The meaning behind plant tattoos is abundance and fertility. You always have room for growth and change, that is what these plants symbolise.
How Much Will It Cost?
Begonia tattoos will cost anywhere from $100 dollars to $1000, depending on how long it takes your artist to do. The majority of artists charge based on time, so the longer it takes them to get your tattoo, the more you will have to pay. It is totally worth it though, when you see your new tattoo, and it is everything you wanted and more.
If you have a certain budget, I recommend talking with your tattoo artist about it during your consultation. They will tell you what they can give you for that price. If it is too much, then hang back and save for a while until you can get the tattoo you want.
Will a Begonia Tattoo Hurt?
Sadly with tattoos, you can’t really avoid the pain. It comes with the territory. But you can do certain things to minimize your pain to the best of your ability. For those of you who are new to tattoos, there are certain areas on your body that hurt more than others, and by avoiding those areas, you are saving yourself a significant amount of pain.
For more information about that, I have a whole body chart guide to pain that you can check out here.
There is also another way that you can limit pain if you are dedicated to getting a tattoo in a rough spot. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you…Numbing cream! This stuff is legendary. You just put it on while at your appointment and it numbs the affected area, so you feel less. If this hasn’t scared you off, I think it is time for the fun stuff: It’s time to check out the begonia tattoo ideas!
Begonia Tattoo Ideas
For this first list, I made sure to give you a good compilation of the many different styles that are out there for you to choose from. These are the best in my opinion, but there are more out there. I went ahead and described the different styles for this list. Check them out.
1. Begonia in Black and White – Many people have a specific theme when it comes to tattoos. People who get colorful ones will rarely get black and white ones, and vice versa. If you are in the latter group, this idea is for you.
2. Begonia Being Propagated – This makes me want to propagate mine. But it’s a great tattoo!
3. Marbled Vase Idea – I think the best part about getting plant tattoos is you get to not only choose the plan but the vase they come in! Check out this marbled one to see if you like it.
4. Traditional Begonia Idea – If you like a traditional style of tattoo, then check out this idea.
5. Colorful Design Idea – I love colored tattoos. I think they add so much to the art. If you agree, then I think you should look at this idea.
6. Monstera Plant Idea – If you also love monstera plants, this tattoo features it alongside the begonia. I think this is such a lovely tattoo.
7. Potted Plant Idea in B & W – With black and white, you have so much room for depth and detail. I love it.
8. Dark Black Spotted Leaf – This is a dark spotted leaf, so if you were going for a bolder look, this is it.
9. Sweet Black Begonia – This begonia tattoo is so lovely. I just had to include it. There are so many different ways you can go with this tattoo, but I think this is a great one.
10. Realistic Colorful Begonia – I feel like I’m looking at a photo of a begonia. How crazy is this?
11. Realistic Begonia in Vase – And lastly, here is another realistic plant in a vase. Don’t worry, there are more styles below, you just have a good feel for what you are looking for now!
Unique Begonia Designs
If you want a unique design, then I have got you covered with this list. I think that the best tattoos are the ones that make your heart happy. There isn’t really a threshold for good and bad, as long as you like it. So take a look at these, and see which ones are for you!
12. Begonia on Leg Idea
13. Colorful Begonia Idea
14. Abstract Begonia Leaf Idea
15. Large Begonia Ink Design
16. Huge Begonia Design
17. Begonia in Black and White with Soft Detail
18. Simple Black Begonia Idea
19. Begonia in Unique Vase
20. Black & White Ankle Tattoo
Best Begonia Tattoo Ideas
I saved the best for last. Here I have my all-time favorite begonia tattoo ideas. This makes me want to propagate my begonia so that I can have more of them. 40 house plants just aren’t good enough for me, apparently. If you are still on the hunt for your perfect tattoo, you will find it here.
21. Blue and Red Idea
22. Adorable Begonia in Color
23. Black Thin Lined Plant
24. Begonia with Heart Spots
25. Begonia in Clear Vase
26. Dotwork Tattoo with Cool Vase
27. Cool Abstract Flower Idea
28. Begonia with Eye Spots
29. Begonia with Pink Undertones
30. Begonia with Flowers
31. Simple Begonia Idea
And there you have it, my all-time favorite begonia tattoo ideas. I think that adding plants to your tattoo collection is never a bad idea. They add depth and nature to your body in a way that nothing else could.
Most of the ideas I showed you today were spotted begonias because they are the most popular. Those spots and the iconic leaves make for such a beautiful plant. If you have other plants that you would like to get tattooed onto you, check out some of my other ideas. I have come up with so many, but you should start here.
Tattoos and plants are two of my favorite things. That is why I love writing articles like this so much! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Until next time!