Inside: Our Favorite 39 Feather Tattoo Ideas.
Feather tattoos are some of the most impactful and stunning tattoo designs out there! They have lots of fine lines, shadowing and can be made in black and gray as well as bright colors.
The interesting fact about bird feathers is that they are all different and unique, just like each one of us. They come with many great symbols as well. They are impressive, beautiful, and unique! So keep reading to learn all about feather tattoos and check out some cool designs!
The Meaning behind Feather Tattoos
Just like birds feathers stand for freedom. Feathers also have spiritual meanings. The Indians believed that if you took a feather, it meant that a loved one was deceased. Another version is that finding a spring means that you are on a higher spiritual path have arrived, or progress has been made. With the Egyptians, the spring has also been associated with death, but in a completely different way.
The origin of some of these meanings is to be found in the Indian tribes. They used feathers of the eagle to give it a brave warrior himself, had behaved courageously and honorably. When they had collected enough feathers, there they could make a headdress, giving them considerably more status within the tribe and beyond. At the same time, they saw the owl as a protector against evil spirits.
Today people choose a feather tattoo because they like it. There is nothing wrong with it. Other people choose to support one or more of these meanings. They are used to commemorate a deceased loved one or to demonstrate that they value courage or wisdom. Since there are many different types of springs, there is plenty of choice for a beautiful (and meaningful) tattoo.
Our Favorite Feather Tattoo Ideas
Whether you are looking for inspiration for your first tattoo or adding to your already beautiful ink collection, here are a few of our favorite feather tattoo ideas!
1. Feathered Ribcage
2. Bold on the Bicep
3. Whispy Wrist Feather
4. Small Wrist Feather Idea
5. Ankle Tattoo Idea
6. Geometric Feather Tattoo
7. All Black
8. Back of Neck
9. Feather Finger Tattoo
10. Large Forearm Feather
11. Sweet Wrist Tattoo
12. Behind the Ear
13. Turning into Birds
Colorful Feather Tattoo Ideas
Do you love color? Looking for a colorful feather tattoo to add a little fun? These colorful feather tattoo ideas are perfect for you!
14. Pastel Feather
15. Rainbow Feather Tattoo
16. All Blue
17. Watercolored Butterflies
18. Spotted Feather
19. Colorful Foot Feather Tattoo
20. Red Feather
21. Rainbow Feather Behind the Ear
22. Pink Feather
23. Dreamy Feather Tattoo Idea
24. Ying Yang Feather
25. Feathered Ankle
26. Large Colored Feather
Peacock Feather Tattoos
These beautiful peacock feather tattoo ideas are full of life and colorful inspiration!
27. Small Behind the Ear Peacock
28. Whispy Peacock Feather Tattoo
29. Forearm Peacock Feather
30. Large Back Piece
31. Peacock Shoulder Design
32. Small Peacock Feather
33. Thin Peacock Feather Tattoo Idea
34. Black Peacock Feather
35. Perfect Hip Tattoo
36. Top of the Foot
37. Up the Ankle
38. Peacock Feather and Flowers
39. Super Colorful Shoulder Piece
These amazing feather tattoo ideas are full of beauty and inspiration! Let us know in the comments your favorite!
More Tattoo You’ll Love
If you like these feather tattoo ideas, then you will love these other great tattoo inspiration!
- Epilepsy Tattoo Ideas – Tattoos can be a benefit to those that struggle with chronic conditions. People with epilepsy can struggle with a condition that can cause scary results at unknown intervals. Tattoos can be a way to be inspired and tell the story of chronic pain through the eyes of the patient.
- Hair Stylist Tattoos – Hair stylists are amazing people that provide their loving kindness to each of their clients by supplying confidence to those they serve. When you look good you feel good! Here are 23 Hairstylist Tattoo Ideas to show your love of hair and everything styling!
- 50th Birthday Tattoos – Turning 50 doesn’t mean that you can’t still rock some ink like those “youngins” Shoot, 50 is basically the new 40! Whether you already have a sleeve full of tattoo stories, or this is your very first, here are 18 50th Birthday Tattoo Ideas to celebrate your big 5-0! Nothing says that turning 50 means you can’t get some new ink! I personally think it’s a PERFECT time! You can take a moment to tat something that is important, a life lesson you have learned, or honors someone who meant the world to you.