Inside: The best bonsai tree tattoo ideas on the internet.
Have you ever seen a Bonsai Tree? If not, then you are missing out. Not only are they adorable, but they hold deep wisdom that can inspire your life.
You can think of a Bonsai tree as essentially a full-sized tree in miniature form. The literal translation of Bonsai from Japanese is “tree in a pot.” As they are grown, they are continually shaped in a specific way that makes them look like full-grown trees.
This practice takes patience, a steady hand, and being in the present moment.
If you clicked on this article, I am guessing that you already know what a Bonsai is, and you are interested in getting one as a tattoo. Huzzah! Bonsai Tree Tattoos are amazing. I have compiled some of the best Bonsai Tattoo ideas for you to look through today, but first…let’s go over the meaning behind the bonsai.
What Does a Bonsai Tree Tattoo Mean?
Each Bonsai can have its own specific meaning.
According to a historical article, “Depending on a person’s culture or beliefs, bonsai trees are seen as symbols of harmony, balance, patience, or even luck. Many people simply use the potted trees as living ornaments for interior design, while others—Zen Buddhists, for example—believe a bonsai is an object of meditation or contemplation.”
Do you resonate with these deeper meanings? If so…you are meant to get this tattoo. So let’s get into some of the important questions you may wonder about Bonsai tree tattoos.
Do They Hurt?
Yes, Bonsai Tree Tattoos hurt. But the good news is that you can invest in some numbing cream or spray. This cream will help to numb the area that you will be getting your tattoo in so you won’t feel as much pain.
I highly recommend this even for people with great pain tolerances if you are getting a huge tattoo. The longer you are in that chair, the more you are going to wish you had it.
How much do Bonsai tree tattoos cost?
The price of a tattoo depends on the tattoo in question. You have to get specific with what you want, and only then will you know how much it will cost. The more detail it has, the more it will cost.
This is because most artists work on an hourly basis. This means they charge by the hour, so the more hours it takes, the more money they make. The simpler, the better if you are trying to save on money.
Are you still interested in getting yourself a bonsai tree tattoo? Awesome! You are going to love the ideas presented in the lists below.
Simple Bonsai Tree Tattoos
I hope you are excited because I was to find all of these tattoos. I love to see all of the different art styles from tattoo artists around the world. Below is the start of a pretty epic list that is filled with so many ideas that your head might explode! Metaphorically, of course, that would be quite the dramatic response. Enjoy!
1. 3 Simple Bonsai Examples
2. Colorful Bonsai Designs
3. Black and White Tree
4. Traditional Bonsai Design
5. Bonsai Shoulder Design with Cool Detail
6. Perfect Green Leafed Bonsai
7. Floral Bonsai with Red Flowers
8. Colorful Tree with Red Sun
9. Dotted Tree on Thigh
10. Half Forearm Tree in Black and White
11. Interesting Tree with Red Leaves
12. Whimsical Light Lined Tattoo with Hands
13. Tradition Style Tattoo with Big Leaves
14. Dark Tree with Rocks
15. Shaded Leaves with Curly Tree
Bonsai Tree Tattoos for Men
Next up, we have a list of bonsai tree tattoos for men. These are some very strong designs that also have a very peaceful and calming effect. They truly are the yin and yang of tattoos, without have the actual yin and yang design.
16. Bonsai Calf Design with Cool Details
17. Thick-Lined Tree Design
18. Whimsy with Moon Behind It
19. Monk with Bonsai Behind Them
20. Bonsai Growing Out of a Woman’s Head
21. Hourglass with Bonsai Inside
22. Abstract Bonsai Design
23. Simple Bonsai Outline
24. Cute Classic Bonsai with Red Leaves
25. Bonsai with Dark Tree Trunk
26. Cute Classic Leaves in Planter
27. Cute Thick-Lined Bonsai
Peaceful Bonsai Designs
One of my favorite themes that the bonsai tree holds is peace. I have been able to witness someone caring for their bonsai plant, and it was more relaxing than I normally find meditation to be. When I look at these tattoos, I feel at peace. I hope they have a similar effect on you.
28. Gold Sun with Bonsai in Black and White
29. Interesting Bonsai Design
30. Abstract Bonsai with Moon Phases
31. Woman Made into a Bonsai
32. Mandala with Peace Sign in the Center
33. Bonsai with Dotted Clouds
34. Bonsai Floating Mid Air
35. Realistic Bonsai in Square Portrait
36. Completely Abstract Tree
37. Moon with Bonsai In Front
38. Bonsai Growing to Skull
39. Cool Red Leafed Tree
40. Simple Bonsai with Cool Pot
41. Bonsai Sleeve
42. Bonsai with Cool Colors
43. Bonsai with Puffy Leaves
44. Huge Tree on Back
45. Abstract Yin and Yang
46. Big Rib Piece with Cool Lines
47. Big Curly Tree Sleeve
Intricate Bonsai Design Ideas
These are some of the most intricate designs on this whole list. I am a big fan of bonsai tattoos, but none of them sit with you quite like these do. I am obsessed with the pops of color that are used throughout some of these. Check out number 53 to know what I mean.
48. Black and White Detailed Design
49. Bonsai with Quote and Color
50. Bonsai Growing Out of Grecian Bust
51. Deeply Detailed Black Bonsai
52. Bonsai with Samurai Sword
53. Bonsai Circle with Red Sun
54. Tree with Bonsai Leaves
55. Curly Tree with Abstract Lines
56. Abstract Bonsai in Black and White
57. Cool Colored Tree in Red Pot
58. Ombre Bonsai Design
59. Funny Bonsai with a Face
Breathtaking Bonsai Tree Tattoos
This last list is full of some of the most breathtaking bonsai tree designs that I have ever seen. If you have made it this far and are somehow unimpressed, that attitude will soon turn around after this. Don’t believe me? Just take a look and see what I mean.
60. Bonsai with Dotted Shading
61. Unique Tree Design with Single Line
62. Bonsai with Studio Ghibli Character
63. Classic Traditional Tree
64. Bull Dog Bonsai
65. Frog Design with Red Berries
66. Thigh Bonsai Design with Pink Hughs
67. Bonsai Plant in Funny Faced Pot
68. Dark Green Bonsai
69. Diamond Shaped Bonsai Art
70. Bonsai Chest Tattoo
71. Bonsai Growing Down Arm
I honestly have never loved a tree tattoo more. You see, I live somewhere surrounded by redwood trees. So the popularity of a redwood tree tattoo has kind of ruined tree tattoos in general for me. But today, that appreciation has been restored!
I hope you loved these bonsai tree tattoos as much as I did. If you didn’t find the exact design you wanted, then you can always make it your own by adding or taking away details. This is the beauty of tattoos…you get to create them exactly how you want!
If you want to look through some more nature-based tattoo ideas, then you have found the right blog.