Inside: Amazing Coral Reef Tattoo Idea Straight from the Ocean
Ocean tattoos are the odd one out of all the different types of tattoos that people get.
Surprisingly, not a lot of people think about an ocean-themed tattoo, not when eagles, wolves, clocks, and meaningful quotes are ripe for the picking. Because the ocean is so vast and contains so many different creatures, an ocean-themed tattoo can incorporate an incredible amount of detail. A coral reef tattoo can turn your body art from basic to beautiful.
The endangered, diverse, and richly intricate spiderweb of coral reefs all across the globe would make for a show-stopping tattoo. From stony corals to the more fleshy octocorals, incorporating a coral reef element to your design would be easy and eye-catching.
Coral Reef Symbolism
It’s not secret that the coral reef is one of the most endangered ecosystems in the whole world. If you’re passionate about environmentalism, about reducing our human footprint on the natural world, there’s no better way to symbolize that dedication than with a coral reef tattoo. Preservationists the world over boast different ocean-themed tattooed. Join their ranks with one of the amazing designs we’ve scoured the internet to find.
If you’ve been through hardship in your life, look at the coral reef to represent your resilient spirit, your ability to thrive despite all odds. Coral reefs also symbolize patience, as many coral reef colonies will only grow a millimeter or two in a year. Of all the aquatic tattoo designs out there, going for something that incorporates a coral reef will really set you apart as someone who values the delicate resilience of our aquatic world.
Coral Reef Tattoo Ideas
Check out our beautifully curated list of oceanic tattoos to find one that fits your vision. Boasting sharks, pirate ships, fish, dolphins, and–of course–the coral reef, you won’t be disappointed while scrolling through!
1. Wildly Detailed Coral Reef with Ocean Life Thigh Tattoo
2. Full Coral Reef Sleeve Tattoo Design
3. Colorful Coral + Fish Tattoo Art
4. Abstract Dancing Coral
5. Small Coral Tattoo Idea
6. Temporary Coral Tattoo
7. Black and White Realistic Coral Reef Tattoo on Ankle
8. Intracate Fan Coral Design on Thigh
9. Ocean Life with Coral Idea
10. Large Coral Reef Scene with HammerHead Sharks
Amazing Ocean Tattoos
11. Coral Reef and Sea Turtle Design
12. Coral Tattoo on Back
13. Colorful Collection of Coral on Chest
14. Simple Thin Line Coral Tattoo Idea
15. Coral in the Shape of an Anatomic Heart
16. Tiny Colorful Coral with Bubbles
17. Black Linework in Coral Design
18. Bright Coral in Pink Colors
19. Simple Tall Coral Tattoo on Shoulder
20. Watercolor Coral Collection in Bright Colors
Coral Reef Tattoo Designs
21. Red Branching Coral Tattoo Design
22. Orange and Yellow Coral Idea
23. Wavy Thin Line Black Ink Coral Art
24. Watercolor Splotches on Coral Tattoo Design
25. Orange and Blue Coral Tattoo
26. Realistic Coral Reef Tattoo
27. Modern Ocean Blue Reef Design
28. Coral Dotwork Design Outline
29. Multicolored Coral Tattoo Idea
30. Pretty Red Coral Design with Little Detail
31. A full sleeve of ocean beauty
32. Reefs down the back is a bold move
33. Sharing your love of coral on both hands
34. A coffin reef idea
35. A simplistic and modern take on a coral reef
36. A colorful hairstyle of ocean reef
37. Bright coral with a shell
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these amazing coral reef tattoo ideas then check out a few more of our underwater favorites. From manatees to the wide-open ocean these designs are packed full of amazing wonder.
- Manatee Tattoos – Majestic and unique, manatees are gentle sea life. If you’ve ever encountered a manatee in real life, you will see firsthand what amazing creatures they are. Getting a manatee tattoo comes with great meanings, such as kindness, patience, love, and peace. Have a look at our favorite manatee tattoo designs, and they are sure to warm your heart!
- Jellyfish Tattoos – Looking for something that is super cool and distinctive? Well, you are going to want to consider a jellyfish tattoo. Having a jellyfish tattoo is symbolic of the protection of loved ones, strength, mystery, peace, and love. You’ll find many of them in black and gray, but there are also options for colored jellyfish too. Don’t miss these creative jellyfish tattoo ideas.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.
Our Favorite Products for Tattoos
When it comes to taking care of your new body art, here are a few of our favorite products to keep on hand.
- Aquaphor – One of our favorite aftercare products has to be Aquaphor. This is a great moisturizer to use to keep your tattoo looking fresh and healing properly. It is so important to make sure you are caring for your new body ink properly. Maintaining hydration in your skin helps your tattoo heal quickly and correctly. You want to try to avoid any scabbing or peeling if at all possible when it comes to the healing process.
- Aftercare Protective Film – Keep your new tattoo protected with this adhesive aftercare film. The best way to ensure your tattoo stays safe and protected from water and moisture is by using these protective aftercare films. This product is perfect for keeping your new ink fresh and dry during the summer months that you may run into some water.
- Aftercare Kit – If you’re looking for an entire aftercare kit, this is one of our favorites. There is everything that you need for tattoo care is in this kit from soaps to lotions and balms. If you use this kit regularly then you are guaranteed to get the outcome that you were looking for.