Inside: Cute + Fun Manatee Tattoo Ideas (The Sweet Meanings).
A manatee tattoo shows the world that you are a gentle, peace-loving person. It can also convey that you are in-tuned with your emotions and psychic abilities. In addition, it can demonstrate that you value biodiversity and manatee protection.
Tattoos are deeply personal to each person, but hopefully understanding more about manatee symbolism can bring extra meaning to your tattoo. Check out some of the deeper meanings behind a manatee tattoo and a few of our favorite design ideas for your next ink session.
- Psychic Awareness
Gentleness, Non-Violence, and Calm
The manatee and the dugong are symbols of gentleness, calm, and non-violence because they are incredibly mellow creatures. In fact, they are the only marine mammals that are herbivores. So, unlike dolphins, sea lions, whales, and otters, manatees are not hunters. This is undoubtedly why they are also referred to as “sea cows,” apart from their large size.
It’s not surprising that manatees are also compared to elephants when it comes to temperament. In fact, the elephant is their closest genetic relative on land.
So, the spirit of the manatee is an important reminder for us to stay in touch with our own gentle ways. Admittedly, we live in a very competitive and violent world. It’s important that we not allow this world to alter us in negative ways. Because if we lose our ability to be calm and to solve problems with non-violent means, we can lose everything. The manatee spirit animal calls on us to summon our own peaceful natures. Then we in turn can make the world more peaceful.
Trust and Vulnerability
As gentle animals, the manatee also embodies the ability to trust. Learning to trust in new situations or to trust again if we’ve been betrayed can make us feel vulnerable. In fact, it takes a great deal of courage to trust and to be vulnerable. But if we go through life closed up, believing we can’t trust anyone, we keep ourselves in a type of prison. We may be surviving but we’re not really living. The manatee reminds us to have faith that we’ll be ok. If make ourselves vulnerable, we will be strong enough to handle.
An interesting fact about manatees is that alligators always give them the right of way underwater. A soft bump by a manatee will cause the alligator to move aside. Embrace your inner manatee and bump off the fear that comes with vulnerability!
Our spirit animals form a kinship with us that reminds us of our true natures and that we are all connected. If you are curious about other animals who might also be your spirit guides, you can take UniGuide’s spirit animal quiz.
When the manatee is your spirit animal, you have been blessed with a soothing spirit guide who can bring calm and tranquility to your life. In addition, you are likely a highly intuitive person who understands that there is far more going on in the world than superficial experiences.
Whether you already know that the manatee is your spirit animal or if one suddenly makes them self known to you in real life, the media, artwork, or elsewhere – it’s important to learn as much as you can about these special beings.
Cute Manatee Tattoo Ideas
1. Simple Manatee Outline with Dotwork
2. Colorful Manatee with Flower Crown
3. Black and White Manatee with Seaweed
4. Cute Shaded Manatee on Side
5. 90s Themed Manatee Design
6. Space Themed Manatee
7. Seaweed Princess Manatee Art
8. Couple of Manatees Playing in Seaweed Plants
9. Simple Handdrawn Cartoon Manatee
10. Watercolor Mama and Baby Manatee Design
11. Old School Manatee with Cigar
12. Cute Purple Outlined Tattoo
13. Large Underwater Manatee Design
14. Simple Outlined Manatee Art with Unique Dotwork Designs
15. Watercolored Background with Manatee
Simple Manatee Tattoo Designs
16. Small Manatee Tattoo Idea
17. Black and White Dotwork Manatee
18. Baby Eyes Manatee Design
19. Blue and Green Eating Plants
20. Black and White Manatee with Large Flowers
21. Relaxing Manatee with Visor
22. Manatee Holding a Flower Tattoo Idea
23. Small Ankle Tattoo Design
24. Rainbow Watercolored Manatee
25. Realistic Swimming Manatee Design
26. Colorful Manatee Hanging Out in Seaweed
27. Detailed Black and White Shaded Manatee
28. Manatee with Blue Waves
29. Simple Spotted Manatee Design
30. Dotwork with Flowers on Manatee Art
Fun Manatee Artwork Ideas
31. Manatee Tattoo with Pink and Purple Flowers
32. Happy Handpoked Manatee Tattoo
33. Loving Manatee Couple
34. Smiley Manatee Holding Flowers
35. Cool Manatee with Heart Sunglasses
36. Vacation Manatee Art Design
37. Cute Manatee with a Pool Noodle
38. Relaxing Manatee in a Pool Floatie with a Cocktail
39. Thick Black Lined Manatee Design
40. Black Dotwork on Manatee Tattoo
41. Outlined Manatee with Top Hat
42. Simple Outlined Manatee
43. Cartoon Manatee Sipping a Drink Laying on a Floatie
44. Manatee with Sunset Scene
45. Small Manatee Blowing Bubbles
Fun Manatee Tattoo Designs
46. Realistic Manatee with Seashells and Plants
47. Baby and Momma Manatee with Pink Hearts
48. Mom and Baby Manatee Outline
49. Manatee in a Scarf
50. Colorful Seaweed with Manatee Blowing Bubbles
51. Smart Manatee Cartoon Reading a Book
52. Manatee Design Drinking Coffee
53. Purple Shaded Sea Cow Tattoo
54. Bright Pink and Purple Galaxy Manatee
55. Manatee Foot Tattoo
56. Cute Manatee Eating Pizza
57. Manatee Stick and Poke Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Find Inspiration From
If you like these manatee tattoo ideas then check out a few more of our favorite underwater and meaningful tattoo designs.
- Jellyfish Tattoos – Looking for something that is super cool and distinctive? Well, you are going to want to consider a jellyfish tattoo. Having a jellyfish tattoo is symbolic of the protection of loved ones, strength, mystery, peace, and love. You’ll find many of them in black and gray, but there are also options for colored jellyfish too. Don’t miss these creative jellyfish tattoo ideas.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.
- Meaningful Tattoo Quotes – Looking for a way to express yourself in a deep and meaningful way. Consider adding your passions directly to a tattoo using both imagery and words. Here are some inspirational quotes and phrases to help get your mind thinking about your perfect meaningful expression for your next body art masterpiece.