Inside: Fresh Sushi Tattoo Designs + Fun Inspiration
Both sushi and the term ‘kawaii’ (meaning ‘cute’, ‘lovable’ or ‘adorable’) comes from Japan and, while tattoos and tattooed people still have a social stigma surrounding them, the two things have combined to create this bunch of totally cute food tattoos.
Show off your cute, lovable, adorable, and foodie side with these fun and fresh sushi tattoo designs.
This collection has everything from super realistic rolls to happy little sushi characters, let us know which is your favorite!
A Little Bit About Sushi
Sushi is one of the most beloved foods around the world, particularly in Japan where it originated. Sushi was first created to safely preserve fish using fermented rice and the word sushi means “sour-tasting.” During Japan’s Muromachi period, vinegar was added to the rice to add to the sour taste and increase the overall longevity of the dish. Then, during the Edo period, fresh fish began being served over vinegar rice and nori—giving rise to the sushi we know and love today.
There are many different types of sushi, which depend on how the dish is prepared and its ingredients. And as globalization has increased, many in the Western world have put their own spin on sushi. For example, the use of salmon in sushi was first introduced by a Norwegian businessman in the 1980s. Western tastes also had a hand in developing the nontraditional types of sushi, including the California roll, rainbow roll, Hawaiian roll and the sushi burrito.
In honor of the global popularity of sushi, we’ve put together 31 fresh sushi tattoos from talented artists around the world. Just like sushi, these tattoos are diverse in style and subject—there’s practically a design for everyone! Take a peek at the delicious and delightful sushi tattoos in the collection below and let us know your favorite sushi dish!
Cool Sushi Tattoo Ideas
1. Shrimp Roll Tattoo
2. Vibrant Sushi Roll Design
3. Realistic Salmon Roll Tattoo
4. Two Seaweed Wrapped Sushi Rolls
5. Sushi with Chopsticks
6. Black and White Sushi Rolls
7. Cartoon Smiley Face Sushi Design
8. Roll with It Sushi Art
9. Tiny Detailed Assortment of Sushi Rolls
10. Heart-Shaped Sushi Design
11. Colorful Sushi Rolls with Chopsticks
12. Bold Sushi Pop Art Tattoo
Cartoon Sushi Character Tattoos
13. Sushi Cat Design
14. Happy Little Black and White Sushi
15. Smiley Rice Ball Tattoo
16. Matching Happy Sushi Faces
17. Black and White Happy Sushi Roll
Small Sushi Roll Ideas
18. Detailed Small and Colorful Sushi Piece
19. Colorful and Fun Sushi Piece Tattoo Idea
20. Little Salmon Nigiri Tattoo on Ankle
21. Small Black and White Sushi Pieces on Arm
22. Little Chopsticks and Sushi Design
23. Small, Colorful, Inner Arm Sushi Piece
Fresh Sushi Tattoo Designs
24. Realistic Modern Sushi Design Idea
25. Super Simple Style Sushi
26. Littlest Sushi Ear Tattoo
27. Half Sleeve of Assorted Sushi
28. Black and White Sushi Rolls on Rib
29. Detailed Sushi Pieces
30. Soy Tattoo with Sushi Rolls
31. Tiny Sushi Tattoo Design
More Foodie Tattoo Favorites
If you enjoyed these fresh sushi tattoo ideas and designs then check out a few more of our food favorites. We have ideas for more popular foods, sweet treats, and even tattoo ideas for those who love to cook and create in the kitchen. Check out a few more of our favorites.
Take a Bite of These
- Tasty Taco Tattoo Ideas – You know what goes good with sushi? Tacos! Jk. But if we were to try to decide which was our favorite, I don’t know if we could. Whether you perfect crunchy or soft, chicken or steak, guacamole, or sour cream, these tasty tattoo ideas are sure to give you all the taco tingles that you’re looking for. This list is full of uber-realistic tacos, cute little crunchy characters, and even a few burrito buddies that you will love. Choose your favorite and let the feast begin!
- Sweet Peach Tattoos – If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, then these peach tattoo ideas are perfect for you. Although it is more popular among women, the peach also looks good on men too. So, there isn’t much difference whether you’re a guy or a girl – a peach is a beautiful design that suits both. Usually, people choose colorful or even hyper-realistic small-size tattoos. The most popular placements are hips, forearms, belly, chest, and feet. Take a look at our collection of peach tattoo ideas below. We are sure that you will find the inspiration for your next tattoo.
- Chef Tattoos – Since you might be a lover of food, then that might mean that you enjoy making food. A chef tattoo is an expansive realm of body art that perceptively encompasses the finest creature comforts imaginable. These noble emblems are swanky and baronial. You could even call them à la mode! Because they reveal a divine longing for lavish enjoyments, culinary body art is in an august league of their own.
Take Care of Your New Ink
Just like creating a perfect dish, you want to serve up the freshest and most cared for items. So, take that mentality into your tattoo care with a few of our favorite products. Keep your tattoo looking its best with these products.
- Aquaphor – One of our favorite aftercare products has to be Aquaphor. This is a great moisturizer to use to keep your tattoo looking fresh and healing properly. It is so important to make sure you are caring for your new body ink properly. Maintaining hydration in your skin helps your tattoo heal quickly and correctly. You want to try to avoid any scabbing or peeling if at all possible when it comes to the healing process.
- Aftercare Protective Film – Keep your new tattoo protected with this adhesive aftercare film. The best way to ensure your tattoo stays safe and protected from water and moisture is by using these protective aftercare films. This product is perfect for keeping your new ink fresh and dry during the summer months that you may run into some water.
- Aftercare Kit – If you’re looking for an entire aftercare kit, this is one of our favorites. There is everything that you need for tattoo care is in this kit from soaps to lotions and balms. If you use this kit regularly then you are guaranteed to get the outcome that you were looking for.