Inside: Flying Seagull Tattoo Ideas + Their Meaning
Seagulls have played a significant role in many aspects of human life, from religious rituals to visual art, to literary works, and now tattoos!
It’s all about location, but where should you put your seagull tattoo design? Seagull tattoos typically depict the bird flying or at rest, sometimes with an ocean or beach backdrop, as seen in the photo above. Take some time to browse through these cool examples of flying seagull tattoos for inspiration before deciding on your own design!
Seagull Tattoo Meaning
For many who sport these tattoos, seagulls may symbolize home. Perhaps this is because older sailors associated the birds with land – which symbolized everything it could offer them: peace of mind and a sense of belonging after long weeks, months, or even years at sea.
Flying Seagull: The symbol of freedom and soaring passion can be seen in the flying seagull. Whether you’re at the beach or just watching one fly by, it’s easy to admire this graceful animal as he catches gusts of wind to continue his flight. The sight is so common that there are many who choose this design for their seagull tattoos.
Seagull Feather: The seagull feather tattoo has been used in many cultures for thousands of years as a way to commemorate strength, hope, and spirituality. A delicate yet meaningful tattoo, the design often conveys an underlying message.
Our Favorite Seagull Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start this list with some of our favorite seagull tattoo designs. This section is a combination of traditional styles, colorful designs, and unique art ideas.
1. Small Black Outlined Seagull with SimpleDetail
2. Classic Seagull Design Outline
3. White Ink Flying Seagull Tattoo
4. Matching Seagull Ankle Tattoo Ideas
5. Flying Seagulls on Hip
6. Unique Sketched Seagull Design
7. Black and White Ink Sea Bird Tattoo
8. Flying Seagull with Crashing Waves
Traditional Seagull Tattoo Designs
If you’re looking for a tattoo with deeper meaning and an eye-catching design, then these ideas are perfect for you.
9. Colored Ink Seagull in the Sky Design
10. Artistic Seagull Art Idea
11. Grouping of Flying Seagulls Design
12. Watercolored Seagull Tattoo Idea
13. Traditional Seagull Tattoo
14. Realistic Small Seagull Design
15. Small Soaring Seagull on Back of Arm
16. Single Line Style Bird Tattoo
Sea Bird Tattoo Ideas (Seagulls)
17. Seagull in a Sailors Hat
18. Colorful Seagull Scene Design
19. New School Style Tattoo of Seagull
20. Funny Seagull in a Raincoat
21. Smoking a Pipe Seagull Design
22. Large Black Ink Seagull Back Tattoo
23. Small Outlined Bird Tattoo on Wrist
24. Stained Glass Effect Seagull Design
25. “Free” Seagull Soaring in Sky
More Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you like these seagull tattoo ideas then check out a few more of our favorite ocean and sea-inspired designs.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.
- Jellyfish Tattoo Ideas – Looking for something that is super cool and distinctive? Well, you are going to want to consider a jellyfish tattoo. Having a jellyfish tattoo is symbolic of the protection of loved ones, strength, mystery, peace, and love. You’ll find many of them in black and gray, but there are also options for colored jellyfish too. Don’t miss these creative jellyfish tattoo ideas.
- Sea Turtle Tattoos – Sea Turtles are widely respected creatures across the globe. Especially in Hawaii, where many people will pay to go swimming with them just to get up close and personal with Crush from Finding Nemo. Though they are slow, they are full of wisdom, and with life spans lasting over a hundred years, there are many secrets behind those eyes. If you’d like to learn more about sea turtles as well as check out a list of amazing sea turtle tattoos, then look no further!
A Few of Our Favorite Products
It’s important to take care of your tattoo art and these products are a few of our favorites to make sure they stay their very best.
- Vegan Tattoo Lotion – The most important part of a tattoo, besides choosing your design, is good aftercare. Keeping your tattoo clean and moisturized is very important to ensure that your new body art stays looking its best. This vegan tattoo lotion is a great option, not only because of its ability to keep your tattoo looking fresh. But also because choosing a vegan product, especially for animal lovers is a great way to honor the animals you admire.
- Tattoo Soap – Another great vegan product, this soap is great to keep your tattoo clean and free of any harmful bacteria or infection. It is so important to clean your tattoo properly. So important that we wrote a whole post all about it, check it out here, and learn how you can make sure to take care of your new ink.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk – Rated the best on the market with a perfect score from Consumer Reports for the sixth year in a row, La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk dries super fast and is made with an antioxidant complex that fights against UV-ray-caused free radicals.