Inside: Flying Seagull Tattoo Ideas + Their Meaning
When you think of birds that you would like to get tattooed on your body, a few come to mind. Birds like the eagle or the sparrow. You might even get a flamingo or a parrot. When you get your next bird tattoo, the seagull tattoo probably doesn’t come to mind. There isn’t really anything notable about them. These birds also don’t leave you alone on the beach because they want your food and whether you give it to them or not, there is a good chance you are going to get pooped on.
However, there is a lot of meaning to the seagull tattoo believe it or not. Not only is there symbolism behind this bird but people love to get the tattoo as well. There could be a lot of memories tied to the seagull or it might have come to them in a dream. Whatever the reason is, the seagull tattoo is one that a lot of people get.
Seagull Tattoo Meaning
For many who wear them, seagull tattoos may represent home. This may stem from the fact that old-school sailors would associate the bird with land, and therefore, everything land represented to them: home, family, love, and the ultimate safe haven following weeks, months, or even years on the open seas.
Flying Seagull: The flying seagull tattoo is the epitome of the seagull tattoo. This bird flies free over the ocean catching gusts of wind to keep him afloat. If you are at the beach you might see a seagull just gliding in one spot. This is the image that we have seen so often and therefore makes it a popular way to have to get a seagull tattoo.
Seagull Feather: The seagull feather tattoo is representative of all the characteristics of the seagull in a less noticeable tattoo. The simplicity of the feather is also what makes it beautiful. Sometimes we can convey a big message with a small symbol and in this case, the seagull feather tattoo is a perfect example of that. Just a feather can remind you of the meaning that you associate with your seagull feather tattoo.
Our Favorite Seagull Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start this list with some of our favorite seagull tattoo designs. This section is a combination of traditional styles, colorful designs, and unique art ideas.
1. Small Black Outlined Seagull with SimpleDetail
2. Classic Seagull Design Outline
3. White Ink Flying Seagull Tattoo
4. Matching Seagull Ankle Tattoo Ideas
5. Flying Seagulls on Hip
6. Unique Sketched Seagull Design
7. Black and White Ink Sea Bird Tattoo
8. Flying Seagull with Crashing Waves
Traditional Seagull Tattoo Designs
If you’re looking for a tattoo with deeper meaning and an eye-catching design, then these ideas are perfect for you.
9. Colored Ink Seagull in the Sky Design
10. Artistic Seagull Art Idea
11. Grouping of Flying Seagulls Design
12. Watercolored Seagull Tattoo Idea
13. Traditional Seagull Tattoo
14. Realistic Small Seagull Design
15. Small Soaring Seagull on Back of Arm
16. Single Line Style Bird Tattoo
Sea Bird Tattoo Ideas (Seagulls)
17. Seagull in a Sailors Hat
18. Colorful Seagull Scene Design
19. New School Style Tattoo of Seagull
20. Funny Seagull in a Raincoat
21. Smoking a Pipe Seagull Design
22. Large Black Ink Seagull Back Tattoo
23. Small Outlined Bird Tattoo on Wrist
24. Stained Glass Effect Seagull Design
25. “Free” Seagull Soaring in Sky
More Tattoo Inspiration You’ll Love
If you like these seagull tattoo ideas then check out a few more of our favorite ocean and sea-inspired designs.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.
- Jellyfish Tattoo Ideas – Looking for something that is super cool and distinctive? Well, you are going to want to consider a jellyfish tattoo. Having a jellyfish tattoo is symbolic of the protection of loved ones, strength, mystery, peace, and love. You’ll find many of them in black and gray, but there are also options for colored jellyfish too. Don’t miss these creative jellyfish tattoo ideas.
- Sea Turtle Tattoos – Sea Turtles are widely respected creatures across the globe. Especially in Hawaii, where many people will pay to go swimming with them just to get up close and personal with Crush from Finding Nemo. Though they are slow, they are full of wisdom, and with life spans lasting over a hundred years, there are many secrets behind those eyes. If you’d like to learn more about sea turtles as well as check out a list of amazing sea turtle tattoos, then look no further!
A Few of Our Favorite Products
It’s important to take care of your tattoo art and these products are a few of our favorites to make sure they stay their very best.
- Vegan Tattoo Lotion – The most important part of a tattoo, besides choosing your design, is good aftercare. Keeping your tattoo clean and moisturized is very important to ensure that your new body art stays looking its best. This vegan tattoo lotion is a great option, not only because of its ability to keep your tattoo looking fresh. But also because choosing a vegan product, especially for animal lovers is a great way to honor the animals you admire.
- Tattoo Soap – Another great vegan product, this soap is great to keep your tattoo clean and free of any harmful bacteria or infection. It is so important to clean your tattoo properly. So important that we wrote a whole post all about it, check it out here, and learn how you can make sure to take care of your new ink.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk – Rated the best on the market with a perfect score from Consumer Reports for the sixth year in a row, La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk dries super fast and is made with an antioxidant complex that fights against UV-ray-caused free radicals.