Inside: Salmon Tattoo Designs That Go Against the Stream.
Nowadays, salmon is the first choice for a fish tattoo. The tattoo of a salmon symbolizes determination and dedication. People who choose this tattoo are ready to overcome all difficulties for the sake of their goal.
For those who want to see these qualities in themselves, a Salmon tattoo is a perfect choice. Because this fish swims upstream in search of their birthplace before spawning, the tattoo design has also become associated with perseverance and courage.
No matter whether you choose this tattoo out of spiritual or culinary interest, your tattoo tells a story that can easily be read.
The tattoo design can be done in different styles. Either in black and white, with a lot of details, multi-layered color, realistically rendered, or highly stylized.
The tattoos of salmon are not just ink homage, but companions and reminders to stay to the course, the one of your choosing. No matter how dangerous the waters are, you know what it takes to venture afar, and you need to be brave to survive whatever fate has planned.
Check out a few of our favorite salmon tattoo ideas and their powerful and deeper meaning.
Meaning and Symbolism of a Salmon
A Salmon is known for its characteristics and traits. First, fertility since this fish is well known for its ability to reproduce and create many offspring. Millions of baby salmon are born each year, however, due to the natural predators, not many of them survive.
Another typical characteristic of the salmon is the adaptation to change. It’s common knowledge that a salmon needs to travel each year from the ocean to freshwater to reproduce. Due to this fact, salmon is characterized as having the ability to change by continually moving and adapting to that change. The salmon also has a totemic meaning, symbolizing rebirth, moving, happiness, eternal life, and femininity. People born under this symbol are considered to be in love with life and enjoy every second of it. They live their lives to the fullest, taking place only for people and things they love.
Salmon Tattoo Ideas
1. Black Traditional Style Salmon Style Tattoo Design
2. “Be a Salmon” Small Fish Tattoo
3. Layers of the Salmon Design
4. Small Salmon Fish Idea
5. Black Outlined Salmon Design
6. Little Colorful Salmon Idea
7. Large Salmon Tattoo on Ribs
8. Salmon and Solar System Design
Fish Tattoo Designs
9. Realistic Salmon and Fishing Rod
10. Funny Salmon Chef Idea
11. Fish Filled Sleeve Tattoo
12. Large Salmon Design on Back
13. Colorful Detailed King Salmon Tattoo
14. Black and White Detailed Salmon Design
15. Be a Salmon Tattoo Art
Celtic Salmon Tattoo Designs
Salmon plays an essential role in many cultures, including Celtic. In Celtic mythology and culture, the salmon is considered to be a creature of wisdom and venerability. Along with the boar and the wren, this fish is considered an especially spiritual creature and one of the symbols of sacred knowledge, spiritual nourishment, prophecy, and inspiration. According to the Celts, eating salmon gives a person great wisdom and the ability to see the future. They believed that when this fish appeared, it meant a person had an increased ability to sense changes in the environment. Moreover, the appearance of a salmon also suggested that a person needs to be aware of where they had been or where they are thinking of going.
16. Green Celtic Salmon Tattoo
17. Black and White Tribal Salmon Tattoo
18. Small Celtic Salmon Design
More Meaningful Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these salmon tattoo ideas and want more underwater inspiration then check out a few more of our favorite ideas.
- Manatee Tattoos – Majestic and unique, manatees are gentle sea life. If you’ve ever encountered a manatee in real life, you will see firsthand what amazing creatures they are. Getting a manatee tattoo comes with great meanings, such as kindness, patience, love, and peace. Have a look at our favorite manatee tattoo designs, and they are sure to warm your heart!
- Jellyfish Tattoos – Looking for something that is super cool and distinctive? Well, you are going to want to consider a jellyfish tattoo. Having a jellyfish tattoo is symbolic of the protection of loved ones, strength, mystery, peace, and love. You’ll find many of them in black and gray, but there are also options for colored jellyfish too. Don’t miss these creative jellyfish tattoo ideas.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.
Products We Suggest for New Tattoos
Aftercare is one of the most important steps in the tattooing process. These products make sure to keep your fresh ink looking new and beautiful.
- Vivid Tattoo Oil – The vivid tattoo oil is one of our favorite tattoo products that instantly brightens your tattoos by deeply nourishing and hydrating your skin. This awesome product protects your precious ink from premature fading and makes your tattoos “POP” with color and brightness!
- Baker Goods Organic Tatto Balm – This tattoo aftercare cream is all-natural and great for the skin, many customers continue to use this product long after their tattoo has healed, to keep their skin moisturized and tattoo’s bright. This tattoo balm is one of our favorites because of it’s all-natural ingredients and hydrating formula, perfect for anyone looking to brighten up their body art.
- Aquaphor – Aquaphor is always on our must-have list and for good reason. Different from a lotion or cream, this ointment nourishes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create ideal healing. Aquaphor is great for any skin healing that you may have and great for keeping your tattoo fresh and bright. This product is a must-have all the time!