Inside: Hourglass Tattoo Ideas for Men + Women.
Hourglass tattoos are becoming more and more popular in recent years, and it’s not hard to see why. These tattoos are beautiful, intricate, and they have just the right amount of detail to be meaningful without being too overbearing or distracting. They make excellent tattoos for both men and women and can be created in just about any color you choose. Continue reading to learn more about these tattoos and find some amazing examples of both male and female hourglass tattoos.
You can find an hourglass inked on the arm, stomach, back, or even on one’s chest! They also work well with other symbols or motifs such as stars, roses, or vines. Take your pick from these awesome tattoo ideas!
Hourglass Tattoo Meaning
The hourglass is a classic tattoo design that has many different meanings. For some, it is a symbol of time passing and the inevitability of death. For others, it is a reminder to make the most of every moment and live life to the fullest. It may represent the ticking of the clock as they approach an important milestone in their life.No matter what your personal meaning is, an hourglass tattoo is a beautiful and timeless way to show it off.
Hourglass Tattoo Designs
These classic hourglass tattoo designs are perfectly created with stunning meaning. I love how each of them are unique in everyway.
1. Floral Wrapped Hourglass
2. Containing Space
3. Viney Hourglass Design
4. Colored Bicep Idea
5. Small Outline
6. Counting Ocean Time
7. Old School Hourglass Clock Tattoo Ideas
8. Cracked Hourglass Tattoo Ideas
Cool Hourglass Tattoos
If you are looking to create a personal touch to your hourglass tattoo, try filling the clock with something that is meaningful to you. Whether that is sunrise and sunset, or a beautiful forest view. You can make time for anything you want.
9. Broken Hourglass Tattoo Ideas
10. Amazing Colored Filled Design
11. Dotwork Idea
12. Galaxy Filled Hourglass
13. Soft and Feminine Design
14. Black and White Hourglass Tattoo
15. Hourglass Tattoo Small
16. Tiny Timer
17. Some Good Things Must End
Hourglass Clock Tattoo Ideas
Here are a few more of our favorite hourglass clock tattoo ideas. Especially some of these modern designs that will totally catch peoples attention.
18. Pink and Blue
19. Modern Hourglass Tattoo Design
20. Classic Design
21. Colorful Scene
22. Ornate Design Idea
23. Unique Hourglass Design
24. Out of this World
25. Hourglass Tattoo Outline
More Tattoos You’ll Love
- Kick-Ass Anime Tattoos – All the anime lovers out there need to see these kick-ass anime tattoos! And if you don’t know what anime is yet, now is the time to dive in and learn all about it. This collection has everything from Japanese Masks to Lucky Cat Tattoos. All of these anime tattoo designs are filled with unique symbolism, bright colors, and impressive designs. Be sure to check them out!
- Funny Tattoo Ideas – You consider yourself a pretty funny person so of course, you need a fun and funny tattoo to show the world you have a sense of humor and you don’t take yourself too seriously. Maybe it’s something that plays off a birthmark or a freckly. Maybe the tattoo is just a funny design. Where do you even begin? Seeing as you are reading this you are probably looking for some ideas to spark that perfect funny tattoo.
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.