Inside: 25 Lighthouse Tattoo Ideas + Meaning.
Lighthouses have always been associated with safety and guidance, so it’s no surprise that the idea of lighthouses makes for some great tattoos. Whether you have your own lighthouse tattoo or are looking to get one, there are tons of lighthouse-inspired designs to pick from, each with its own unique meaning behind it. Here are 25 great examples of lighthouse tattoos. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
What does a Lighthouse Tattoo Mean?
Small Lighthouse Tattoo Idea
1. Small Lighthouse Wrist Tattoo
2. Sketched Lighthouse Design
3. Watercolor + Waves Crashing
4. Modern Small Lighthouse
5. Crashing Waves
6. Light in a Diamond
7. Looking into the Galaxy
8. Waves and Lighthouse Tattoo Design
9. Lighthouse in a circle
Shining Lighthouse Tattoo Designs
These bigger and bolder lighthouse tattoo ideas are full of bright and bold colors, intricate detail, and stunning designs.
10. Bold and Colorful Lighthouse
11. Watercolor Traditional Lighthouse Tattoo Design
12. Realistic Lighthouse Design
13. Black and White Lighthouse
14. Painted Lighthouse Tattoo Drawing
15. Red Glowing Design
16. Sunrays on Lighthouse
17. Simple Lighthouse and Compass Tattoo
18. Black Outline Idea
Lighthouse & Ship Designs
You may be asking yourself… “are ship and lighthouse tattoos cliche?” The answer is no. These tattoos how such a great meaning and done right look totally rad. The important thing to remember is if you like a certain design and meaning, then go for it.
19. Black and White Lighthouse and Ship Design
20. Matching Tattoo Set
21. Classic Red and White Lighthouse
22. Small Ship Hand Tattoo
23. Flowery Ship in the Night
24. Black and White Half Sleeve Idea
25. Sketched Lighthouse Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Tattoo Background Shading Ideas – Are you looking to add a little flair to your sleeve tattoo? Or add an extra bit of depth to a unique design? Shading is the perfect filler to complete that complex sleeve or take your beautiful ink to the next level. By just adding this effect to your tattoo, you will have a one-of-a-kind finished piece. Tattoo background shading comes in all types of styles and colors, check out a few of our favorites.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.