Inside: Cowboy hat tattoo ideas to try on this summer.
Cowboy hats make for very popular tattoos, and I see why. They are not only very stylish but can prove to be rich in meaning and inspiration.
There are many different reasons why someone might want to get a cowboy hat tattoo, but you don’t always need a reason. Sometimes you can just get a tattoo for the sake of getting it, and there isn’t anything wrong with that.
So if you’re someone who has always liked cowboy hats and has wanted to get one tatted on you for a while now but never have because you didn’t have an excuse, I am your green light telling you to go on and do it!
And if you’re curious about what a cowboy hat could possibly represent, then keep reading. Because even if it doesn’t have a personal meaning for you, you may still find some inspiration from the one that the world knows it most for! Let’s discuss…
Cowboy Hat Tattoo Meaning
A cowboy hat tattoo is rich with its own symbolism. The most well-known is that it represents bravado, and one’s ability to carve their own path in life. It means to chart one’s own course and to be self-reliant, even when the odds are stacked against you and it isn’t going to be easy. Very inspiring indeed!
But the meaning behind a cowboy hat tattoo can rely completely on the person getting it. While this person can get one as a remembrance of their father, who always wore cowboy hats, another could get it to represent their favorite western movie. The beauty of tattoos is how much the meanings can vary. This makes them more personal, and quite a good conversation piece.
Cowboy Hat Tattoo Designs
This first list is a broad collection of varying types of Cowboy hat tattoo designs. This way you get a good sense of the different kinds out there and can more accurately choose the style that you’ll be getting. Take a look at these below and pay attention to which ones make your heart happy!
1. Realistic Hanging Hat
2. Simple Outline of Hat
3. Hat with Cigarette
4. Clean Outline of Hat with Strings
5. Cowboy Hat with Flowers
6. Cow Print Cowboy Hat
7. Cowboy Ghost
8. Cowboy Hat in Red
9. Shaded Hat
10. Cute Frog Wearing Hat
11. Pink Princess Hat
12. Sweetheart Hat
13. Dainty Lined Hat
14. Heart Patterned Cowboy Hat
15. Cow Print Hat
16. Black Billed Hat
17. Simple Smiley Cap
18. Black & White Heart Pattern
19. Upside Down Hat being Used for Flowers
20. Soft Ink with Roses
Skull with Cowboy Hat tattoo
The image of a skull with a cowboy hat holds its own special meaning. One of which is that the person getting it is a trailblazer who will go out of their way to get what they are after, and do not fear death in order to obtain it. Though this is a rather intense symbolism, one can refrain it as a symbol of persistence and bravery. If these ideas inspire you, then take a look below.
21. Scull with Cowboy Accessories
22. Traditional Style Skull
23. Simple Skull with Flowers
24. Cool Skeleton in Jacket
25. Gold Toothed Skull
26. Skull In Full Color
27. Skull Cowboy with Flag Bandana
28. Bull Skull
29. Simple Skeleton
30. Red and Black Skull
31. Awesome Skull with White Detailing
32. Realistic Skull Smoking
33. Skull with Red Hat
34. SImple Black & White Skull
35. Bearded Skull
36. Realistic Black & White Skull
37. Skull with Ascot
38. Spooky Skull with Barbed Wire
39. Cartoon Style Skull
40. Guns & Roses
Traditional Cowboy Hat Tattoos
The traditional style is known for its bold line work and vivid colors. It’s been around for just about a hundred years! Since cowboy hats have been around for longer, naturally these old dogs have crossed paths. Take a look to see if the traditional style of tattooing is meant for you!
41. Classic Style Cowboy Hat with Flowers
42. Cowboy Hat with Quote
43. Cow Print Hat
44. Thick Lined Cow Print Hat
45. Bold Colored Cowboy Chicken
46. Decorated Hat
47. Traditional Style Girl
48. 3 Tattoo Stencils
49. Hat with Quote Banner
50. Frog with Manners
51. Eye Ball Wearing Hat
52. 3 Eyed Hat
53. Cowboy Layout in Circle
54. Cowboy with Rope
55. Black & White Tattoo with Single Flower
56. YeeHaw Cowgirl
57. Hot Pink Hat
58. Hat with Cards & Flowers
59. Sea Horse
60. Cowboy Hat with Initials
Cowboy Hat and Boots Tattoo
Of course, one cannot have a cowboy hat without boots! It would be like having peanut butter without jelly, bread without butter…the list goes on. Take a look!
61. Simple Hat Resting On Boots
62. Traditional Cowboy Boots
63. Cool Boots with Quote Written in Ropes
64. Purple Cowboy Boots with Camo Hat
65. Traditional Style Black Boots
66. Cowboy Boots & Hat with Angel Wings
67. Sunflower with Hat & Boots
68. Simple Boots with Sun Outline
69. Texas Pride
70. Boots & Hat in a Horse Shoe
Small Cowboy Hat Tattoo
Smaller tattoos more your style? Then look no further! To finish up this list I’ve made sure to add some simple & small Cowboy Hat tattoos for those of you looking to not use up too much of your Canvas(aka your body), yet at least. If this sounds like something you’d like, check them out!
71. Simple Hat Outline
72. Manatee Wearing Cowboy Hat
73. Jesse from Toy Story’s Hat
74. Clean Outline of Hat
75. Tiny Cowboy Hat
76. Simple Cowboy Hat with Dotted Shading
77. Thick Lined Cowboy Hat
78. Little Hat with Simple Details
79. Red Lined Cowboy Hat
80. Cow Printed Tiny Hat
81. Heart Hat on Ankle
82.Hat in Red Lines
83. Smile with Polkdotted Bill
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- 57+ Honeysuckle Flower Tattoo Designs With Minimalist Meaning – Honeysuckles are magical tiny flowers that are believed to help you dream of the one you love most. This is according to what Victorians say happens when you sleep with one under your pillow. These flowers today are known for their sweet scent and nectar that attracts hummingbirds and bees alike. Some of the symbols that this flower holds are love and passion. If you are a lover of the honeysuckle, then perhaps you’d like to take a look at our list of 57+ of the cutest honeysuckle tattoo ideas! Check them out.
- Flying Seagull Tattoo Ideas & Their Meaning – Though seagulls may not be the first bird to come to mind when considering adding a bird to your tattoo collection, they shouldn’t be left out. They are rich in symbolism, from remembrances of home to representing freedom and choosing your own path. They can also hold different meanings for each person getting them. If this sounds like something you may be intrigued by, then take a look at our list of Seagull tattoos as well as an in-depth discussion of the meanings behind this hilarious sea bird.
- Ocean Tattoos – Lots of people in the world don’t think that much about the ocean. They know it’s there, they’re happy when they get to see it and they sometimes they enjoy getting in it and battling with the forces ‚ but its still not a super important factor in their lives. Then there are the water babies among us. If you belong to this group of people, you’ll be in the ocean at every opportunity. Why not express your love of these vast seas through tattoo? Here is a large list of ideas for you to consider.