Inside: 73 Gangster Tattoo Fonts & Lettering Ideas.
There are many important decisions to be made when coming up with a concept for a tattoo. Color, size, topic, all of these are important. But one thing that is consistently overlooked is choosing, drum roll please… a font.
A good font is not only a vessel for your words when it comes to tattoos. No, a good font can bring so much depth and art to the table.
When the time is taken to find a style of font that matches the vibe of the tattoo, magic happens.
The hard part is finding which one suits you and the tattoo in question. After all, there are over 500,000 fonts in existence. Yes, you heard right…there’s over HALF A MILLION. If this number seems daunting, that’s because it absolutely is. There is no way you’ll be able to comb through all of these fonts and still be able to get your tattoo during this lifetime.
The good news is, you don’t have to! We’ve got your back. The best way to go at this is by genre.
So today we’ve compiled a list of the coolest gangster fonts we could find, and they’re awesome.
A Brief History
Most of the fonts included today stem from a style called the Blackletter Typeface, also referred to as gothic or old English. This style was first noted to be used in the Guthenburg Bible, which by the way was said to be one of the first books printed in England!
Through time, these fonts went through their own evolution of sorts, gaining new styles and textures. Each new font adds to that aforementioned list of over 500,000 that we have today.
In fact, you’re probably already more well acquainted with this style than you realize, seeing as it’s the font for many popular Newspaper companies such as the New York Times.
This summary just scratches the surface of how these fonts came to be.
When it comes to Gangster Font Tattoo Costs, many things come into play. Costs can vary from shop to shop depending on; Size, Detail, & Color.
Broadly these tattoos can truly be anywhere between $100-$1000, so talk to your tattoo artist for a better idea of what to expect!
Keep scrolling and see what gangster-style suits you best. When you find one(or 10) that you like just take a screenshot or bookmark this article to be able to come back to it when you need to show your tattoo artist!
Gangster Calligraphy Tattoo Fonts
These are truly art in letter form. The number of hours it must take to write a sentence in most of these fonts but be unspeakable, but so worth it in the end.
1. Cool Shaded Thick Letter Font
2. Spray Painted Style
3. Light Swirled Font
4. Intense and Detailed Bold Lettering
5. Awesome Lettered Artwork
6. Flourished Block Letters with Stars
7. Black Bold Block Font
8. Cash Only in Red Ink
9. Simple Calligraphy Surrounded with Details
10. Thin & Detailed Lettering
Gangster Tattoo Letter Fonts
11. Mixed Money Font
12. Shaded Block Letters
13. Simple Calligraphy
14. Unique Lettering Style in Black & White
15. Almost 3 D Bubble Numbers
16. Mixed Fonts with Beautiful Details
17. P Block Letter with Artwork in the Center
18. B L E S S E D Simple Tattoo
19. Natalie in Black Letters with Little Crown
20. 80’s Baby in Mixed Font
Fancy Gangster Tattoo Fonts
Look below to see some of the fanciest gangster fonts we could get our hands on! These would certainly add flair to any tattoo its a part of.
21. Classic Swooped Alphabet
22. Clean Swirled Letters in Blue
23. Cursive Font with Stars
24. Full Alphabet Examples with Double Lines
25. Cursive Font Mixed with Bubble Font
26. Simple Handwritten Letters
27. Patience in Cursive
28. Beautiful Letters in Red
29. LOVE with Cool Embellishments
30. Cursive ‘Mom’ with Heart O
31. Loyalty in Script Letters
32. Various Names with Beautiful Letters
Gangster Tattoo Lettering
Let’s go further! Here are even more awesome styles for you.
33. Family Over Everything in Cool Flourished Font
34. Unique Lightning Font
35. Classic Gangster Letters in Blue
36. Clean Block Lettering
37. Graffiti Tattoo
38. 1985 in Detailed Script
39. Spray Paint Font
40. SELF MADE in Bubble Letters
41. 4 Fonts Grouped Together
42. Full Back Tattoo in Script Font
43. Script Letters on Thumbs
Gangster Cursive Tattoo Fonts
Cursive is some of the most popular fonts to add to ink. But These styles are more unique than your run-of-the-mill cursive that you learned in 4th grade. This cursive requires some serious skill and practice!
44. Clean & Effortless Lettering
45. Classic Cursive
46. Name in Block Cursive with Details
47. Lucky In Embellished Style
48. Thick Lined Cursive
49. Swoopy Font in Black
50. Thick Round Font
51. Cursive Script Fusion
52. Thin Cursive in Red Ink
53. ‘Family’ in Cursive Art
Gangster Lettering Alphabet
It’s common for people to get single letters as tattoos. Whether that stands for your initials or the initials of someone you love, or simply its your favorite letter…we aren’t judging.
Here are some beautiful examples of these fonts in the form of the alphabet!
54. Amazing Alphabet with Block Letters and Swoops
55. Modern Block Graffiti
56. B’s In Different Fonts
57. Numbers in Script
58. Thin & Detailed Swirled Letters
59. Unique Simple Alphabe
Old School Gangster Tattoo Fonts
60. Classical Gangster Letters
61. Family Written in Gangster Cursive
62. Never Give Up
63. 4 Different Gangster Fonts
64. Quote with Mixed Fonts
65. Beautiful Simple Quote
66. Script Font with Crazy Detailing
67. Freehanded Large Letters
68. Name in Unique Script Letters
69. California Tattoo in Gangster Font
70. Wild Style with Beautiful Line Work
71. 2 Toned Script
72. Stay Strong with Linked S’s
73. “Dear Mama” with Cool Swirls and Detail
We hope you loved learning about all of the thousands (literally) of fonts out there and that you’ve perhaps narrowed down which style is for you. Happy Tattooing!