Inside: 63 Mexican Flag Tattoo Ideas.
Honoring one’s culture and heritage is something many people love to do. It brings you closer to your family, the place where you or your loved ones were born, and allows you to have a deeper and more complex relationship with yourself.
This can be accomplished in many ways, such as participating in traditions, spending time with the people you love, or if you’ve moved from where you came from, going back to visit your roots. And these things are just scratching the surface.
One of my favorite ways to honor your culture and country is to permanently represent them on yourself by getting a tattoo!
Though there are a vast amount of cultures in the world, today we are going to honor our Mexican audience and discuss Mexican Culture Tattoos!
There are many different kinds of tattoos that can honor Mexican heritage, but one of the most popular is to get a Mexican Flag Tattoo! This kind of tattoo conveys the message of respect and honor in a way that is straight to the point and unmistakable.
In order to gain a better understanding of this ink subject, we have to talk a bit about the history of Mexico and what it is you’ll be presenting on your body, whether that be symbols or colors, or both!
History of Mexico
If you’re looking to learn about a nation that is both rich in history and amazing traditions then Mexico is the place you’re looking for. Ancestral stories have been passed down for centuries, giving this place and people a deep connection to its history. So Mexican pride tattoos are completely understandable.
Though there are a plethora of symbols people can choose from, the Mexican flag is held in the highest of regard. So let’s take it back, shall we?
Tattooing is actually something that has been practiced in Mexican culture for Centuries. Dating back to even the Aztecs, who were noted to have many tattoos! Though the Spaniards destroyed their books, temples, and basically all sense of culture for the Aztecs, the memory still remains of ways that they displayed their heritage and culture on their skin. This is remembered through the artifacts at the National Anthropological Museum that contains clay work made by the Aztecs displaying that many people had partaken in some form of physical adornment, like tattoos.
The meanings behind Mexican pride tattoos can vary depending on what the tattoo is. One of the most important is the Coat of Arms symbol that can be found in the center of Mexicos Flag. This symbol holds a lot of history & meaning.
Flag of Mexico Tattoo Meaning
The Mexican flag is Green, White, & Red with a symbol of a golden eagle in the center. The eagle is eating a rattlesnake and sitting on a prickly pear. The snake is said to represent the biblical story of Adam & Eve. This tattoo is an expression of honor for those whose families originated in Mexico. It fully encompasses everything cultural in Mexico, so if you’re looking for a tattoo to achieve this then this is the one for you.
Choosing a style of tattoo can be hard, so I’ve made it a little easier for you by compiling some of the coolest Mexican Flag Tattoos on the internet. Take a look below to get a good feel for the style and placement that you are going for!
Mexican Flag Tattoo Ideas
1. Large Mexican Flag on Forearm
2. Awesome Flag coming Through Arm
3. Mexican Flag in Quote
4. Simple Mexican Eagle from Flag
6. Inverted Mexican Flag
7. Eagle with Colored Elements
8. Mexican American Pride
9.Black & White Eagle with Red Background
10. Super Detailed Realistic Eagle
11. Mexico Flag Eagle Stencil
12. Family Name with Mexico Colors
13.Quarter Sleeve Flag
14. Mexican Flag Coming Through Arm
15. Family Name in Mexico Colors
16. Flag in Center of Crown
17. Eagle Mexican Flag Tattoo
Realistic Mexican Flag Tattoo
If you’re looking for a more realistic look, then look no further than this list below!
18. Awesome Forearm Flag
19. Sugar Skull Portrait
20.Flag Under the Skin
21.Large Mexican Flag
22.Realistic Flag in Color
23. Mexican Flag Eagle
24. Flag with Wind Ripples
25.Mexico Flag in Color
26. Family Name with Realistic Flag Behind It
27. Mexican Flag Pride
28. Large Realistic Flag
29. Flag in Front of Temple
Small Mexican Flag Tattoo
A smaller tattoo more your style? I got you. Take a look below at some of the coolest smaller Mexican Flag Tattoos I could find.
30. Smaller Ankle Flag
31. Little Mexican Flag
32. Traditional Style Eagle
33. Solo Eagle
34. Small Realistic Flag
35. Flag on Arm
36. Simple Flag
37. Bicep Flag Tattoo
38. Family Tattoo with Mexican Pride Colors
39. Flag with Quote
40. Abstract Eagle with Flag
41. Mexican Flag on Hand
42. Eagle in Black & White
43. Mexican Flag Addition Tattoo
Black and White Mexican Flag Tattoo
44. Chest Tattoo
45. Medium Sized Eagle on Forearm
46. Black & White Eagle with Great Shading
47. Simple Eagle Arm Placement
48. Eagle Scalp Tattoo
49. Eagle with Unique Shading
50. Eagle with White Detailing
51. Classic Style Black & White Eagle
52. Freshly Done Mexican Flag Eagle
53.Black and White Eagle on Hand
Mexico Flag Eagle Tattoo
54. In Depth Eagle
55. Mexico Eagle with Flag Colors
56.Black & White Eagle
57. Mexican Eagle with Great Shading
58. Clean Black & White Eagle
59. Eagle with Mexican Flag Colors
60. Black & White with Quote
61. Mexican American
62. Full Color Eagle in Flag
63. Close up of Eagle with Snake
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Zodiac Tattoos (153+ Ideas) For Your Sign – For those with a strong belief in the stars and zodiac signs, considering using your sign as a tattoo can be an amazing expression of who you are. Choosing the right symbol to represent your sign can tell others a bit about who you are and your personality. We’ve made a list of hundreds of Zodiac Tattoos for you to review to find the one that represent you the best.
- Artistic Dragonfly Tattoo Ideas: Symbolizing transformations, change, and new life, the dragonfly is a tattoo design that will never go out of style. Adding lots of details with many lines and colors or opting for a more simple design, a dragonfly tattoo is beautiful. Whether you are in the midst of significant changes in your life or have experienced an awakening of some sort, a dragonfly tattoo is perfect for you. Don’t miss out on these stunning design ideas!
- Half Butterfly, Half Flower Tattoo – Combining a vibrant butterfly with a beautiful flower gives you the ultimate tattoo idea. If you are looking for a tattoo that is both elegant and charismatic, this is exactly what you need! The meaning behind the butterfly and flower tattoo design is love, youth, grace, faith, beauty, innocence, and femininity. Consider a half butterfly and half flower tattoo if you want something feminine and beautiful.