Inside: What are some cool hand tattoo ideas & are they a good idea for your lifestyle?
There’s a lot of talk about hand and finger tattoos these days, with more and more people opting for these kinds of ink – celebrities, musicians, and rappers are repping hand and finger tattoos now more than ever.
You can find quite a bit of info out there about hand and finger ink, not all of it is positive, but it’s also not always accurate.
Just because your favorite celeb has them, doesn’t mean they’re a good fit for you, so before you take on this current tattoo trend, some research is key. Check out everything we learned about these hand tattoo ideas below!
Are Hand Tattoos a Bad Idea?
Each person must have a serious and honest conversation with themselves about their reasons for wanting a hand tattoo and what its effects will be. This conversation may include input from others but ultimately you must do what is right for YOURSELF regardless of what others think.
You cant make any decisions based on what your culture, friends, or associates think. You have to be ready to think very critically about your own life. For instance: You may not be able to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that your life will be able to accommodate a hand tattoo in the future. If you are not prepared to accept the life-long commitment of a hand tattoo then don’t do it. And do it just because you think you are prepared. Most people don’t know what the rest of their lives will be like and can’t say for sure they will always be able to do whatever they want. You have to be a very certain type of person to be that sure of yourself.
How Much Do Hand Tattoos Cost?
Average tattoo prices range from $30 to $100 for sizes under 2×2, between $100 and $200 for a 3×3, and around $250 or more for a 4×4 tattoo. Prices depend on where you live, the experience level of the artist, their hourly rates, and if it’s a custom tattoo.
Do Hand Tattoos Hurt?
The tops and insides of the hands, as well as fingers, are popular places to be tattooed. Being tattooed anywhere on your hands can cause severe pain. The skin here is very thin, and it contains numerous nerve endings that can trigger pain when hit by a tattoo needle.
Female Hand Tattoo Ideas
If we haven’t scared you away from getting a hand tattoo (which we aren’t trying to do) and you’re still looking for the perfect design for your next ink session. Then we have a list full of ideas, starting with tattoo options for all the ladies. Check out these female hand tattoo designs and find some inspiration.
1. Tiny “Enough” Text on Hand
2. Temporary Butterfly Tattoo
3. Dainty Finger Tattoo Designs
4. Large Peony Hand Tattoo Art
5. Tiny Font with Quotes Around Hand
6. Sparkles Tattooed Effect
7. Small Smiley Face on Middle Finger
8. Full Hand of Tattoos and Little Designs
9. Colorful Pink Flower Hand Tattoo Idea
10. Red Ink Hand Tattoos
11. Queen of Hearts Finger Tattoo
12. Matching Snake Tattoos
Good Hand Tattoos
This section of hand tattoos is perfect for anyone looking for a big and bold statement, male or female. From roses to portraits of your pup, these designs have something for everyone.
13. Moon Phases Finger Tattoos
14. Mandala Hand Design Idea
15. Rose Stem Hand Tattoo
16. Dainty Finger Tattoo Idea
17. Portrait of Pet Dog Tattoo
18. Fern Stem Tattoo on Thumb
19. “Pray” on Both Hands
20. Vines Wrapped Around Fingers and Hand
21. Sparkle Tattoo on Inner Finger
Hand Tattoo Drawings
These hand tattoo designs are flawless all around. From the intricate work of detailed flowers to a unique design of Madusa, check out a few more of our favorite hand tattoo ideas.
22. Large Rose Bud Tattoo on Hand
23. Detailed Dragon Fly Tattoo Idea
24. Madusa Feminine Tattoo Design
25. Black and White Butterly Tattoo Idea
26. Butterflies and Sparkles on Back of Hand
27. Two Flying Butterflies
28. Full Hand Flower Tattoo
29. Happy Face on Middle Finger
30. Dainty Finger Tattoo Designs
31. Full Hand of Tattoos and Little Designs
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
We have noticed a trend in these hand tattoo ideas. Butterflies, quotes, and flowers make for perfect hand tattoo designs. Lucky for you we have the ultimate collection of tattoos that are perfect in those categories. Check out a few of our favorite designs that will go perfectly on the hand area.
- Watercolor Butterfly Tattoos – Adding a fun watercolor effect to a butterfly design makes a tattoo amazing. These simple butterfly tattoo ideas are full of beauty and perfectly depict human transformation as well, and that is why it is one of our favorite lists of tattoo ideas. Take your hand tattoo to the next level with these beautiful design ideas. The best part about a butterfly tattoo… is that each butterfly has a different meaning depending on its color and species. However, all tattoos featuring these majestic creatures share a common symbolism of self-confidence, inner beauty, and gracefulness.
- Vine Tattoo – These vine tattoos are perfect for your hands and fingers, they are easy to design in a wrapping pattern. Twining and swirling vine imagery is often used as a representation of a whimsical relationship with nature and the mystery of the natural world. The vine can be used decoratively, accompanying other imagery, or on its own. The long, stretching ropes of leaves and flowers are often used to cover limbs, down the back, or along the side of the body, enhancing the vine’s natural structure.
- Meaning Tattoo Quotes – Quote tattoos on the hand might be one of my favorite new trends. In the right font, they would be amazing designs and look so cool. Tattoo lettering is a kind of design used in letters and numbers. You can pick the kind of font you want and the tattoo artist will copy it using the words that you want to be inked on your body. Check out a few of our favorite meaningful tattoo quotes that would work perfectly for your hand tattoo inspiration.