Inside: The Best Sparrow Tattoos + Designs with Special Meaning.
Sparrows have always been symbolic birds, inspiring poets, writers, and artists of all kinds to come up with their own interpretations. Most often, the sparrow has been associated with strength, loyalty, and passion, but it can also stand for courage, hope, and freedom. There are many different sparrow tattoo designs out there, and we have gathered some of the best ones that you can consider getting done in the near future! Take a look at these beautiful pieces of art below!
What Does a Sparrow Tattoo Symbolize?
There are many meanings for sparrow tattoos, so let’s go over a few of them. Sparrow and swallow tattoos share common meanings that include:
- Traveling the world and seeing all the wonders of the world, since the swallow can travel hundreds of miles per year
- The arrival of spring after a long and hard winter
- Cheerfulness and perseverance in the most difficult situations
- A time of peacefulness after a disaster or loss
- Good luck, especially when facing life-threatening challenges like long sea journeys or going to war
- Love for your family and the fact that you’re willing to do anything to protect them.
If you’re thinking about getting inked, you’re probably looking to get the best tattoo you can afford. With so many different designs out there, though, it can be hard to find that perfect one and know what it means before you commit to it. Sparrow tattoos are one of the most popular types of tattoos nowadays, let’s get started looking them over!
Traditional Sparrow Tattoos
These traditional sparrow tattoo ideas are great if you are looking for that classic look that popularized the sparrow design.
1. Sparrow Side Tattoo
2. Double Outlined Sparrows
3. Little Swallow Tattoo – We love how simple and clean this sparrow tattoo design is!
4. Noble Sparrow and Flower Tattoo
5. Outline Wrist Design
6. Shaded Sparrow Design
7. Sparrow Neck Tattoo – If you’re looking for an edgy look, this neck tattoo is exactly that.
8. Outlined Swallow Idea
Realistic Sparrow Tattoo Designs
Looking for a more realistic design? These sparrow designs are beautifully detailed and one-of-a-kind. Find your favorite inspiration for your next tattoo session.
9. Bird with Flowers Tattoo
10. Old School Sparrow Tattoo
11. Realistic Bird Design – How beautiful is this realistic sparrow tattoo? How amazing!
12. Matching Hand Sparrows
13. Colorful Sparrow Idea
14. Classic Design – This old-school sparrow idea is one of our favorites. The bold colors and clean design is just perfect.
15. Rising Sparrow Tattoo Idea
Black Sparrow Tattoos
So what does a black sparrow represent? Like we mentioned before, many sailors in old times used to get traditional sparrow tattoos. So if they die in the middle of the sea, the sparrow will take their souls to heaven.
Moreover, some people opt for the sparrow tattoo in the memory of loved ones who have passed away or left. Alternatively, these tattoos represent inhibition, freedom, and joy.
16. Simple Black Sparrow
17. Black and White Neck Tattoo Idea – Another edgy design that we love.
18. Black and Grey Swallow Bird Design
19. Sketched Sparrow Idea – This unique sketched design is totally original and one-of-a-kind.
20. Black Outlined Sparrow
21. Solid Black Sparrow Neck Design
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these sparrow tattoo ideas, then check out a few more of our favorites. Let us know your favorite in the comments.
- Daisy Tattoo Ideas – Daisy tattoos are some of the most beloved designs in the tattoo industry, and you don’t have to look far to see why! With their bold simplicity and delicate elegance, daisies will always be in style. Whether you’re looking for something bold or sweet, one of these timeless daisy tattoo designs are sure to catch your eye.
- Fancy Flamingo Tattoo Designs – Exotic and brilliantly pink, flamingo tattoos are thought to be inked more by women. However, these birds are symbolic of conservation and remote pieces of land, and that men identify with as well. Plus, pink on men has been a growing trend for years. Whether you choose these birds for their originality, style, or color, we have a great list to assist you with your decision.
- Feminine Fairy Tattoo Ideas that Bring Joy – If you never want to grow up and don’t take life too seriously, then one of these tattoos featuring fairies might be what you need. There are styles that range from cute and cartoonish to bold and impactful. They all have one thing in common…they are super creative! Take a look at these feminine fairy tattoos and choose your favorite design.
- Mermaid Tattoo Ideas – Mermaid tattoos have been around for a long time and can be made in a variety of ways. Whether you prefer vintage style tattoos or you want something bright and trendy, these lovely mermaid tattoos will do the job. These mermaid tattoo designs grasp the beautiful and sexy curves of a mermaid perfectly and show their power through ink! You’ll have to take a look for yourself to appreciate these works of art.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!