Inside: 41 Father Daughter Tattoo Ideas
The bond between a father and his daughter can be shaped in many different ways. No matter if he is a silent protector, someone to joke around with, or the person a girl tells everything to, a dad holds a special place in his daughter’s life.
If people are lucky enough to share a close relationship with their dad or father figure, then a great way to celebrate it is to get some ink together. To honor that awesome bond here are 41 Father-daughter tattoo ideas to show off that unbreakable bond.
Father Daughter Tattoos
There are plenty of tattoo ideas that incorporate everything from Disney characters to meaningful quotes to more artistic designs, and they all have the potential to reflect one’s relationship with her father. Whether a girl bonds with her dad over a sport, an activity, a television show, or a hobby, there are so many ways to show a special aspect of the relationship in a tattoo.
And even if a father and daughter do not have much in common, it is still easy to show off a special bond with a father-daughter tattoo of a time or place that has meaning. Even just matching animals or hearts are special when it is done with a parent! It is such a meaningful gesture to get a matching tattoo with anyone, and we are sure any dad would be flattered just by the thought of getting one with his little girl.
Father Daughter Tattoo Ideas
Let’s start off with a few of our favorite father-daughter tattoo ideas!
1. “I am your Father!”
2. Take my hand: The image of the dad holding his little girl’s hand is a classic, but this one looks especially wonderful because of the lines and shading within the heart. If you look closely, you can see the Chicago Cubs symbol for their home baseball team, and the buildings are the Chicago Skyline.
3. Matching Butterflies
4. Holding Hands
5. Ankle Geese: These father-daughter geese are lighthearted and cute. And they are twinning with the ankle placement, which is adorable!
6. Black Ink Arrow: These arrows look great. The matching arm placement works super well visually and it’s cool how the daughter has a more feminine design and the dad has a more masculine one.
7. Connecting Scissors: Connecting images is always a cool tattoo idea, and these scissors definitely pulled it off.
8. Harley Father-Daughter
9. Antler Hearts
10. Mountain Father-Daughter Tattoo
11. Celtic Knot
Tattoo Ideas for Dad and Daughter
12. Fingerprint Tattoos
13. Yin and Yang: This aquatic take on a yin-yang sign is really creative. The shark, dolphin, and anchor could all have different meanings, or they could just be for families who like to hang out by the ocean.
14. DNA Father-Daughter
15. Ghosts: Sometimes the simplest tattoos can be the most fun. These cute little ghosts in opposite colors are a great way to match with your dad.
17. Matching Bees: These adorable little bees are another simple idea. Making one larger than the other has so much effect when holding them next to each other.
18. Infinity Anchors
19. Koi Fish
20. You are my sunshine
Matching Tattoos for Dad and Daughter
21. Colorful Arrows
22. Sun & Moon: A sun and a moon are always perfect for complementary tattoos. These ones have a similar floral detail inside that really makes them cohesive.
23. Hunting Tattoos
25. Lion Heads: These lion heads turned out amazing! The placement is perfect and they have great line detail.
26. See You Later Alligator
27. Geometric Floral
28. Camera: When a father and daughter share a hobby, it calls for an epic tattoo idea. These matching cameras are awesome!
A Few More Favorite Father Daughter Tattoos
29. Dotted Heart
30. Wave Father-Daughter Tattoo
31. Star Trek: Dad and daughters who geek out over Star Trek together would love a tattoo like this one! It turned out incredible!
32. Hakuna Matata
33. Outline Father Daughter
34. Star Wars Tattoos: This tattoo is of the Death Star and Millennium Falcon fused together. Perfect for any father and daughter who bond over a love of Star Wars!
35. Leaves: This dad and daughter got complementing leaf tattoos. One is a linden leaf and the other is an oak leaf.
36. Matching Elephants
37. Matching Lifeline Tattoos
38. Doe Daughters: This dad got a complementing animal tattoo with his two daughters. Another good one for dads and daughters who hunt together.
39. Sailing Tattoos
41. Blue Rose: A rose is always a safe tattoo idea. This blue color is really nice and they even included the words “father” and “daughter.” How sweet!
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women in particular have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Small Tattoo Ideas for Men – Small tattoos for men can be significant or just a whim of an idea. Maybe you already have a sleeve full of ink or your back is full of tattoos that you can’t show off and you want just something small to show off. This may be your one and only tattoo and you really want to make it count, but you are trying to figure out where to start.