Inside: 25 Honoring Dad Tattoo Ideas.
Why not ink a memorial tattoo in honor of the man we affectionately refer to as “Dad”? People are getting tattoos to show their affection for their fathers in a meaningful and lasting way.
A dad tattoo can also serve as a moving memorial for individuals who have lost their fathers. Many fathers get their own dad tattoos to acknowledge their most cherished role in life— as a father.
That is a concept that my mother supports! And we’re willing to assume that all of these tattoos have their father’s blessing as well.
Honoring Dad Tattoo Ideas
Beautiful tattoos honoring family members like bothers & sisters, mothers & fathers and even grandparent tattoos will pique the interest of grown daughters (and sons) who have yet to get tattooed. Some are bold and loud. Others, on the other hand, look stunning in grayscale. There are a plethora of designs to choose from.
What is a Memorial Tattoo
It is possible to express one’s deepest thoughts and sentiments by getting a tattoo in memory of a cherished person or a significant event. For those who want to remember a deceased loved one or a fallen hero, memory tattoos are a popular choice. As a form of commemoration, body art can be used to mark connections or significant events in one’s personal life.
Dad Tattoo Ideas
Here are some great designs to thank the man who has influenced you so much in your life!
1. A Note from Dad
2. Military Dad Tattoo
3. Circular Saw Blade: A saw blade has never looked so pretty!
4. Beach-Themed Tattoo: When it comes to honoring your wave-riding, calm father, this adorable tattoo is the perfect choice.
5. Anatomical Heart Dad Tattoo
6. Darth Vadar Tattoo
7. Father & Son Stick Figure: Perhaps one of the most heartwarming dad tattoos ever is a father and son stick figure drawing.
8. Sentimental Tattoo: Indeed, our fathers are never totally absent from our lives; they are always with us. Sweet sentiment is represented by these small birds.
Tattoo Ideas to Honor Dad
Finding the perfect reminder can be tough, but here are a few ideas that will help! I love the hobby dad tattoo idea! What is your Dads favorite hobby?
8. Sentimental Tattoo
9. Robin Dad Tattoo
10. Dad’s Lighthouse Tattoo: This lighthouse tattoo by artist Tony Costello is a perfect tribute to a dad who’s always guided his family through the storms.
11. Heart Dad Wrist Tattoo: Love for dad may be shown through a simple wrist tattoo, and this one is no exception.
12. Pineapple Dad Tatoo
13. Heart & Flower
14. Hobby Tattoo
15. Anchor and Heart Tattoo
16. Anchor Tattoo
17. Father-Daughter: Tattoo artist Craig St. Peter created this lovely father-daughter silhouette. Adding to its importance is the aspect that the daughter drew the heart balloon.
Hey Dad, this one’s for you!
18. Musical Dad
19. Dapper Dad Tattoo
20. Papa Arm Tattoo: So subtle and delicate, this one-word tattoo speaks volumes of the bearer’s love for Dad — and the placement is perfect.
21. Watercolor Memories
22. Nostalgic Photo Tattoo: Hold on to a special childhood memory forever with a design like this one, which is based on a photo of a sweet remote control car moment with Dad.
23. Golf Club: Anyone who grew up helping their dad carry golf clubs around a course every weekend will find this tattoo design meaningful.
24. Flower Power Dad Tattoo: Because love never stops blooming, and also because this is an appealingly cool and edgy take on the usual flowers-and-hearts thing. Dad will surely dig this tattoo.
25. Guitar Dad Tattoo: Carefully planned tattoo details — including the delicate line drawing of a horse’s face on the bottom of the guitar — paint a vivid picture of this rocking dad.
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
- Small Tattoo Ideas for Men – Small tattoos for men can be significant or just a whim of an idea. Maybe you already have a sleeve full of ink or your back is full of tattoos that you can’t show off and you want just something small to show off.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Many choose to show their passions to the world in an artistic way. From traveling, taking photos, makeup or maybe just reading. There are many passions out there – it’s just deciding which one you can live with forever.