Inside: Feminine Fairy Tattoo Ideas that Bring Joy.
Today when we think of fairies we tend to think of much-loved childhood books and stories that included these small human-like beings rumored to reside in Fairyland or even at the bottom of the garden. Women are most likely to choose fairy tattoo designs as they are generally portrayed as being female and having girlish traits such as long hair, dresses, and mischievous behavior, which make it easy for women to feel an inclination towards them.
Check out these charming feminine fairy tattoo ideas that you will love!
About Fairies and their Meaning
Fairies were first popularized by the Brothers Grimm in their fictional stories but have existed in Celtic folklore since the middle ages and possibly even before that. They are described as being human-like in appearance with delicate wings and they have come to symbolize various things to those who chose to include them in their tattoo designs.
Fairies are firmly rooted in our minds as naughty but seemingly innocent characters that we identify with due to their femininity, mischievousness, and connection to nature. Although their meanings are varied they are generally considered to be symbols of:
- Wishes and Desires
- Mischief and Playfulness
The meanings behind these tattoos are as varied as the people who choose them, however, there are some reoccurring themes.
Fairies were believed to have lived in the woods and most depictions of fairies usually include other natural elements as well. They are often shown sitting on clouds, leaves, mushrooms, or even stars wearing leafy dresses or pretty flowers in their hair. People who wish to identify with nature may choose a fairy tattoo to represent their love for the freedom and the beauty of mother earth.
Feminine Fairy Tattoo Ideas
1. Fairy God Mothers: It only seems fitting to start off with arguably the best fairies of them all. The 3 fairy godmothers from Sleeping Beauty!
2. Cute Pixie Fairy
3. Pretty Sitting Fairy: This sweet little fairy is perched perfectly on her wrist, which is such a cool placement.
4. Butterfly Fairy: I love the butterfly and fairy combo.
5. Pin-Up Fairy
6. Tiny Shoulder Fairy: Such a sweet and dainty little shoulder piece.
7. Detailed Outline
Super-Cute Fairy Tattoo Ideas
8. Moon Phase Fairy:
9. Tiny Little Tink: If you love Tinkerbell then this fairy tattoo is perfect for you!
10. Cherry Blossom Fairy
11. Colorful Moon Fairy: I love the colorful solar system with this cute fairy tattoo idea!
12. Skeleton Fairy: If you’re looking for a little bit of a twist on the traditional fairy tattoo.
13. Dancing Ballerina Fairy: For all my dancing lovers out there.
Pretty Feminine Tattoos
14. Blue Watercolor Wings
15. Butterfly Queen Fairy: The queen of butterfly fairies!
16. Sunflower Fairy
17. Broken Wing Fairy
18. Purple Fairy: This purple fairy tattoo is the perfect way to add a little colorful flair.
19. Crystal Fairy
20. Watercolored Fairy: This technique can work well with a fairy tattoo given the whimsical nature of the fairy. It creates a softer looking but striking tattoo.
21. White Outline: I love how they outlined this in white and filled it with colorful ink!
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Cute Little Tattoos – Small tattoos may be discreet, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a huge impact. In fact, sometimes little tattoo ideas for women are the most meaningful! Plus, if you’re getting a tattoo for the first time, you may want to consider getting a tiny tattoo design somewhere that can be hidden. Nevertheless, with so many cute small tattoos to choose from, it can be a challenge picking just one piece of artwork.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Every tattoo has a story that’s meant to be told, shared, celebrated and experienced. One particular design that’s making waves across the Internet is that of a semicolon tattoo. They aren’t just a trend, they’re a symbol of a silent fight. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas!