Inside: Fierce + Strong Half Lion Half Flower Tattoo Ideas.
The lion is one of the most popular animals for people to get tattooed on their bodies, and they have been for centuries. The lion symbolizes royalty and self-confidence. It once was, and still is in some cultures, viewed as a creature of aristocracy and law.
In the past, the people of Asia got tattooed with lion images to show that they are full of energy and very powerful. Today, lion tattoos signify the same things, plus courage, glory, victory, strength, vitality, spirit, and masculinity.
Lion tattoos are popular among women as they also symbolize beauty, especially when they are paired with flowers. Flowers on their own hold special meaning, and when paired with the fierceness of a lion the tattoo transforms into something beautiful.
Check out our favorite half lion half flower tattoo idea and find more inspiration for your next tattoo.
What Does A Lion Tattoo Mean?
In some parts of the world, humans and lions have shared territory for up to 200,000 years. So it’s no surprise that there’s all sorts of symbolism and meaning ascribed to the king of the jungle. We take a look at some of the common meanings behind lion tattoos.
Courage: One of the most common meanings of a lion tattoo is to convey the bravery and courage of the bearer. These tattoos often signify a fearless individual or mark overcoming a challenge through courage.
Power & Masculinity: The sheer power of a lion has made it a common symbol of power, strength, and masculinity.
Royalty: For many, a lion tattoo symbolizes one’s own connection or aspiration towards royalty, nobility, or leadership.
Peace (Hakuna Matata): Despite their power and ferocity, the lion is a popular symbol of peace. In part, this lends itself further to the royalty image as the lion can choose peace even though they have the might to succeed through their strength alone.
Female Lion Tattoo Meaning
A female lion tattoo, in general, has a lot of the same meanings as a male lion. It can be an equally powerful symbol of strength, protection, and loyalty. The lioness tattoo meaning revolves around notions of feminine strength and courage, as well as motherhood.
Half Lion Half Flower Tattoo Ideas
These detailed, black and white lion head tattoos are paired perfectly with beautiful and intricate flower details.
1. Lion Head with Flowers Design
2. Perfectly Places Sunflower
3. Strong Dot Work Design
4. Half Sunflower, Half Lion Head Tattoo
5. Lioness and Flower Design
6. Black and White Lion Flower Tattoo
7. Soft but Strong Design
8. Lion Head with Flowers
Colorful Lion and Flower Tattoo Designs
Looking for a little pop of color? These half lion half flower tattoo ideas are the perfect inspiration for you.
9. Colorful Back Piece Idea
10. Purple and Pink Flowers with Lion
11. Incredibly Detailed Lion Head Tattoo
12. Pop of Color with Flower
13. Blue Eyed Lion
14. Subtle Pops of Color
15. Bold and Bright Orange Flowers on Lion Head
16. Pink Flower Crown on Lion Design
Half Lion; Half Flower Tattoo Designs
Big, Bold, and Fierce is how we like our lion head tattoo ideas!
17. Half Sleeve Lion Head Tattoo
18. Eye Catching Half Lion Head Design
19. Unique Lion Head Thigh Tattoo
20. Lion and Lioness with Flowers Tattoo Idea
21. Fierce Lion and Flower Design
22. Super Detailed Flower Design on Lion Head
23. Shaded Lion Head with Flower Details
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Elephant Tattoo Ideas – Elephants never forget, and their old age gifts them with admirable wisdom. Humans can learn so much about life, solitude, and love when studying how this ancient mammal carries. Their weight no matter how heavy, with such remarkable grace and beauty. A universal symbol of strength, loyalty, divinity, and good luck. An elephant makes an unforgettable tattoo design when carefully planned and properly placed on your body’s temple.
- Sweetest PawPrint Tattoos – Let’s face it: Dogs and cats are better than humans. And many of us have had dogs or cats in our lives that left lasting impressions on us — so why not commemorate them with something just as permanent? We’re talking about tattoos.
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas – When it comes to choosing the perfect tattoo for you, it does get a bit overwhelming when you have to pick one out of so many. If you want a tattoo that’s strengthening and one that may express your love for animals, then you must get an animal tattoo inked on your body. Animal tattoos are one of the most common types of tattoos that people get quite frequently. Each of these tattoos has different meanings and symbolism; hence there is no single meaning for animal tattoos. If you’re still confused about what type of cute animal tattoo you should go for, don’t worry we you covered.
- Pretty Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas – Hummingbirds are a popular choice for tattoo designs since they are very detailed and delicate-looking birds. Many tattoo lovers are opting for the hummingbird tattoo given the bird’s unique capabilities and beauty. Tattoos that utilize birds of any type at the center of their design have gained a lot of preference because they incorporate color, creativity, and a natural image.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.