Inside: Fierce + Strong Half Lion Half Flower Tattoo Ideas.
The lion is one of the most popular animals for people to get tattooed on their bodies, and they have been for centuries. The lion symbolizes royalty and self-confidence. It once was, and still is in some cultures, viewed as a creature of aristocracy and law.
In the past, the people of Asia got tattooed with lion images to show that they are full of energy and very powerful. Today, lion tattoos signify the same things, plus courage, glory, victory, strength, vitality, spirit, and masculinity.
Lion tattoos are popular among women as they also symbolize beauty, especially when they are paired with flowers. Flowers on their own hold special meaning, and when paired with the fierceness of a lion the tattoo transforms into something beautiful.
Check out our favorite half lion half flower tattoo idea and find more inspiration for your next tattoo.
What Does A Lion Tattoo Mean?
In some parts of the world, humans and lions have shared territory for up to 200,000 years. So it’s no surprise that there’s all sorts of symbolism and meaning ascribed to the king of the jungle. We take a look at some of the common meanings behind lion tattoos.
Courage: One of the most common meanings of a lion tattoo is to convey the bravery and courage of the bearer. These tattoos often signify a fearless individual or mark overcoming a challenge through courage.
Power & Masculinity: The sheer power of a lion has made it a common symbol of power, strength, and masculinity.
Royalty: For many, a lion tattoo symbolizes one’s own connection or aspiration towards royalty, nobility, or leadership.
Peace (Hakuna Matata): Despite their power and ferocity, the lion is a popular symbol of peace. In part, this lends itself further to the royalty image as the lion can choose peace even though they have the might to succeed through their strength alone.
Female Lion Tattoo Meaning
A female lion tattoo, in general, has a lot of the same meanings as a male lion. It can be an equally powerful symbol of strength, protection, and loyalty. The lioness tattoo meaning revolves around notions of feminine strength and courage, as well as motherhood.
Half Lion Half Flower Tattoo Ideas
These detailed, black and white lion head tattoos are paired perfectly with beautiful and intricate flower details.
1. Lion Head with Flowers Design
2. Perfectly Places Sunflower
3. Strong Dot Work Design
4. Half Sunflower, Half Lion Head Tattoo
5. Lioness and Flower Design
6. Black and White Lion Flower Tattoo
7. Soft but Strong Design
8. Lion Head with Flowers
Colorful Lion and Flower Tattoo Designs
Looking for a little pop of color? These half lion half flower tattoo ideas are the perfect inspiration for you.
9. Colorful Back Piece Idea
10. Purple and Pink Flowers with Lion
11. Incredibly Detailed Lion Head Tattoo
12. Pop of Color with Flower
13. Blue Eyed Lion
14. Subtle Pops of Color
15. Bold and Bright Orange Flowers on Lion Head
16. Pink Flower Crown on Lion Design
Half Lion; Half Flower Tattoo Designs
Big, Bold, and Fierce is how we like our lion head tattoo ideas!
17. Half Sleeve Lion Head Tattoo
18. Eye Catching Half Lion Head Design
19. Unique Lion Head Thigh Tattoo
20. Lion and Lioness with Flowers Tattoo Idea
21. Fierce Lion and Flower Design
22. Super Detailed Flower Design on Lion Head
23. Shaded Lion Head with Flower Details
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Elephant Tattoo Ideas – The largest land animal on Earth lives within a family that has strong ties to children, parents, and grandparents. Elephants bond for life and do not forget their tribe. The age-old idiom “elephants never forget” symbolizes the gift of memory. Elephants also have strong ties to Hindu culture. They are represented as the divine God Ganesha and are interpreted as having wisdom, luck, and prosperity. An elephant tattoo includes all of these meanings and more. They are especially good for someone who is in mourning as they symbolize divinity and memory.
- Sweetest PawPrint Tattoos – Have a little piece of your favorite pup with you forever with these adorable paw print tattoos. Just like humans’ fingerprints, dogs have their own special paw prints. Making these tattoos special and unique to your favorite four-legged friend. Check out how to create this unique look and
- Cute Animal Tattoo Ideas – Animal lovers often find their perfect tattoo in the symbolic expression of their favorite furry or feathered friend. These cute, inspiring, and sometimes ferocious tattoos are extremely common as people often link their own identities to these animals. Many of these tattoos are also inked in memory of favorite pets. Animals have several human-like quality and range in meanings across many different cultures. If you’re interested in learning more about what animal tattoo is right for you, keep reading to discover more symbolic meanings and cool ink designs.
- Pretty Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas – A popular subject in the tattoo world is the Hummingbird. It is a thing of beauty that has unique shapes and amazing abilities. Capturing those qualities in a tattoo can be really rewarding. Have a look at our list of the Prettiest Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!