Inside: Flirty Ankle Tattoo Designs for Women That Look Great With Summer Slides.
One of the most popular body art placements for women is the ankle. It is an area that lends itself well to small designs, like a butterfly or pretty flowers. You can also go for a simple black ink or pick something vibrant and colorful; the choice is yours!
Although getting inked in this spot will cause some discomfort, due to the lack of muscle and proximity to the bone, it will be worth it because the placement allows for the perfect balance; the design can be covered up or shown off whenever you wish.
Check out a few of our favorite flirty ankle tattoo designs and find your next tat inspiration.
What does an ankle tattoo mean?
How bad do ankle tattoos hurt?
How much is an ankle tattoo?
Ankle Tattoo Designs
Some of the cutest tattoo options come in small designs, and the ankle is the perfect place to get something like this. It is a fantastic option for your first piece, and especially appealing to those who want playful body art.
1. Butterfly Ankle Tattoo Design
2. Flowery Sea Turtle Tattoo Idea
3. Vine Wrapped Ankle Tattoo
4. Small Lotus Tattoo Idea
5. Bumble Bee Tattoo for Ankle
Star Ankle Tattoo Designs
6. Stary Trio Ankle Tattoo Idea
7. Star Outline Design
8. Heart and Star Tattoo Idea
9. Shooting Star Ankle Tattoo
10. Star Constellation Ankle Design
Ankle Rose Tattoo Designs
The rose is a universally recognized bloom, celebrated for being a balance between pleasure and pain. The flower is stunning to look at, but the thorns can cause harm, reminding us that we all have positive and negative qualities. It can also represent hope and new beginnings. Many women love rose tattoos because they are delicate and feminine, and they’re great when inked onto the ankle. You can choose to keep the design classic, using black ink only, or embrace color.
11. Pink Rose Tattoo Idea
12. Thorn Rose Ankle Design
13. Red Ink Rose Outline Tattoo
14. Single Needle Rose Ankle Idea
15. Large Red Rose Ankle Tattoo
Ankle Flower Tattoo Designs
16. Flower Bundle Outline
17. Outlined Poppy Flower Tattoo
18. Purple Lavender Flower Design
19. Colorful Flower Bundle Idea
20. Wrapped Flowers Around Ankle Tattoo
Ankle Bracelet Tattoo Designs
Who needs to wear jewelry when they have something as permanent as a wrap-around ankle tattoo? If you are a woman who loves feminine and girly designs, then this one’s for you!
21. Dainty Ankle Bracelet Tattoo Idea
22. Ankle Bracelet Tattoo with Charms
23. Layered Ankle Bracelet Design
24. Ornate Ankle Tattoo Idea
25. Thick Ankle Art Work
Matching Ankle Tattoos
26. Matching Ankle Quote Tattoo
27. Heart Matching Ankle Tattoos
28. Sunflower Ankle Design
29. Out of this World Matching Ankle Ideas
30. Sunrise and Sunset Matching Tattoo
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these flirty ankle tattoo ideas, then check out a few more of our favorites.
- Humming Bird Tattoo Ideas – A popular subject in the tattoo world is the Hummingbird. It is a thing of beauty that has unique shapes and amazing abilities. Capturing those qualities in a tattoo can be really rewarding. Have a look at our list of the Prettiest Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas.
- Half Sleeve Tattoo Ideas for Women – Tattoos have grown in popularity over the last decade but the half sleeve tattoos for women, in particular, have been growing rapidly. This tattoo begins either above the elbow to the shoulder or below the elbow to the wrist. This type of tattoo takes thought in creation, but it also takes thought in whether it works for each person, as it’s not as easy to cover up. Many questions arise and endless hours of research occur when looking for that perfect look. What is the statement I am trying to make? What will these tattoos represent? And the list could go on, and on, and on…
- Semicolon Tattoo Ideas – Each tattoo is unique and a representation of its wearer’s style, emotions, and life. The semicolon tattoo is a popular symbol of an internal and silent struggle. Here are 89 of the most inspiring Semicolon Tattoo ideas.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!