Inside: Stunning Amaryllis Tattoo Designs + Ideas.
Flower tattoos are some of the most popular and meaningful tattoos for women. Whether expressing yourself or paying tribute to loved ones, a flower tattoo can say more than words. Right now, delicate floral designs are trending – and these beautiful blooms are not only pretty and feminine, but they also have a symbolic side.
Flowers are also a very versatile design element. Obviously, they can be very feminine, with fine line and delicate colors, but they can also be masculine and powerful. The bold outline and rich vibrancy of traditional Japanese flower designs can make quite a statement. And no one can argue with the power and beauty of the classic rose.
The benefit of flowers is that they look just as natural and interesting woven through a skull as they do in a bouquet. Floral tattoos can also incorporate fun accents like honey bees, butterflies, and dragonflies, details that add interest and whimsy.
Amaryllis flowers are among one of our favorite floral designs, check out a few of our favorites and their special meaning.
Meaning of the Amaryllis Flower
These stunning flowers are believed to mean pride, strength, and determination as they stand tall above all other winter blooms. Amaryllis is also a Greek name which means ‘to sparkle’. Very in keeping with the festive season when we throw glitter at literally everything.
This flower doesn’t just bloom in bold shades of red – although that’s definitely our favorite. You can also find amaryllis in cool white hues, vivid purples and bubblegum pinks.
- Pink Amaryllis – The flowers that grow in this feminine shade are believed to symbolize love and friendship. The perfect choice as a gift for a close friend at Christmas then.
- Purple Amaryllis – Amaryllis flowers in deep shades of purple are associated with royalty and spirituality. Great for that pal who is all about aligning chakras and reading tarot cards.
- White Amaryllis – In some cases, this colour amaryllis is chosen to represent sympathy flowers when mourning a loved one. Send white amaryllis to someone who has lost someone close to them to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Orange Amaryllis – The fiery orange shades of this flower symbolise happiness and good health. It’s a great choice for someone who you want to send get well wishes to.
- Yellow Amaryllis – If you want to wish a loved one good luck then give them an amaryllis flower, whether it be for an exam they’re prepping or if they’re waiting for some big news.
Amaryllis Tattoo Meaning
The amaryllis symbolizes pastoral poetry. Its deep colors of red, white, and pink emerging from the center of the amaryllis flower have the common meaning of pride.
Amaryllis Tattoo Ideas
1. Amaryllis + Quote Tattoo Design
2. Hand Poked Amaryllis 3 Flower Tattoo
3. Amaryllis Outline Design
4. Dainty Amaryllis Chest Piece
5. Simple Amaryllis Outline
6. Three Amaryllis Chest Piece
7. Translucent Amaryllis Thigh Design
Red Amaryllis Flower Tattoo Designs
8. Detailed Single Amaryllis
9. Large Red Amaryllis Back Design
10. Bold Amaryllis Shoulder Tattoo Idea
11. Fun Red Flower Hand Tattoo
12. Red Amaryllis Rib Design
13. Full Flower Bundle with Amaryllis Design
14. Soft Shaded Red Amaryllis Idea
15. Small Red Amaryllis Behind the Ear
16. Realistic Replication of Amaryllis Flower
17. Large Watercolored Shoulder Design
18. Red Amaryllis Flower Bundle
19. Amaryllis Tattoo Padiham
20. Soft Designed Amaryllis Flower
21. Three Flower Shoulder Design
22. Large Detailed Amaryllis Idea
More Tattoo Ideas You’ll Love
- Vintage Flower Tattoo Ideas for Old Souls – Floral designs make gorgeous tattoos, but there is something extra special about a vintage flower illustration that separates it from other ink designs. Whether it is a faded line technique, a type of collage and flower choice, or muted tones, tattoo artists have pretty clever ways to give a tattoo that vintage look that reminds us of our grandmother’s wallpaper (in a good way). Vintage flower tattoos look so elegant and feminine, and they look good on pretty much any area of the body that one is considering adding some ink to. They can also make good additions to unfinished statement pieces. The vintage aesthetic gives the flowers a chic and classic look that just radiates beauty. Here are 25 vintage flower tattoo ideas that are perfect for all of the old souls out there.
- Palm Tattoo Ideas – The palms are unlike most other locations on the body because their callused skin presents the artist with a tricky texture to work on. Palm tattoos are also very prone to fading. However, a pro tattoo artist who’s very experienced with the needle together with reasonable expectations can result in excellent tattoo design, even if it’s on your wrinkled little fingers! These totally cool palm tattoo ideas are a perfect starting point for your next ink session.
- Pretty Hummingbird Tattoo Ideas – Hummingbirds are a popular choice for tattoo designs since they are very detailed and delicate-looking birds. Many tattoo lovers are opting for the hummingbird tattoo given the bird’s unique capabilities and beauty. Tattoos that utilize birds of any type at the center of their design have gained a lot of preference because they incorporate color, creativity, and a natural image.
Test Out These Tattoo Products
Looking to check how you like a tattoo but don’t want something permanent? These temporary tattoos are perfect for you. Or maybe you have new fresh ink and want some care supplies, we have just what you need. Click the links below to test out some of our favorite products.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets – Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – Reduce itching in your new tattoo and extend the life of color and line sharpness. Bright Tattoo Tattoo Aftercare Lotion soothes inflamed skin, reduces itchiness, and may even help your new tattoo heal quickly and evenly. Continuing to use after being inked will keep your skin moisturized and healing and may increase the length of time between touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Includes a set of eight temporary tattoos and designed by Stina Persson. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages. Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Comes with 16 Roll of Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wraps in 6 Different Colors. Dimensions: 1.6″ x 5 yards (W x L) Per Roll. Self Adhesive Strips Make it Very Easy to Attach it on Tattoo Grips.