Inside: Delicate + Stunning Orchid Flower Tattoo Ideas.
Due to their exotic appearance, orchid tattoos are popular designs among women and occasionally amidst men. Tattooed on the skin, an orchid tattoo has important symbolic meanings. These beautiful gifts of nature have inspired different meanings in many parts of the world, generally symbolizing love, beauty, and innocence.
We have put together the perfect lists of beautiful Orchid Flower Tattoo ideas, let us know which is your favorite.
The Tattooed Meaning
Over time, the orchid flowers have symbolized fertility and virility. In ancient Greece, it was believed that people who eat orchid tubers can influence the sex of the baby in the womb.
Because of their symmetry, orchid flowers are associated with perfection and beauty. In ancient China, the flowers of orchids were considered the epitome of human perfection.
The Victorian era, the British considered the orchids to be symbols of luxury and opulence, because they could be found only in the tropics and just wealthy people could afford to buy them. In ancient Japan, orchids were considered popular symbols of royalty and wealth.
Although orchids have a reputation for being symbols of fertility, wealth, and elegance, their different colors transmit a diverse range of symbolisms.
Almost like any white flower, a white orchid symbolizes innocence and purity as well as elegance and reverence. Pink orchids symbolize femininity, grace, and joy. The yellow ones symbolize friendship and new beginnings. Purple Cattleya orchid tattoo symbolize royalty and wealth. The orange color of orchids is associated with pride, enthusiasm, and boldness while red is related to love, passion and romance.
Because this flower comes in many shapes, colors, and sizes, an orchid tattoo is a versatile design and can be inked almost on any part of the body.
Orchid Tattoo Design Ideas
1. Turquoise Orchid Design
2. Orchid Tattoo Sleeve
3. Bold Orchid Forearm Flower Tattoo
4. Bright Red Orchid
5. Detailed Orchid Flower
6. Bundle of Orchid Triangle
7. Orchid Back Piece
8. Baby Orchid
9. Whimsical Blue Orchid Tattoo
10. Bold Ankle Orchid
Minimalist Orchid Tattoo Ideas
11. Single Violet Orchid
12. Simple Orchid with Triangle
13. Minimal Orchid Growth Tattoo
14. Subtle Orchid Design
15. The Littlest of Orchids
16. Transparent Orchid Design
17. Single Orchid Flower
Black and White Orchid Flower Tattoos
18. Orchid Shoulder Tattoo
19. Black and White Orchid Flower Design
20. Single Orchid Flower
21. Small Detailed Orchid Design
22. Large Orchid Leg Tattoo
23. Geometric Orchid Flower
24. Orchid Bundle
Watercolor Orchid Tattoo Designs
25. Bold Orchid Tattoo
26. Colorful Orchid Design
27. Single Watercolor Orchid Design
28. Prink Orchid Stem
29. Watercolored Geometric Orchid
30. Purple Orchid Flower
More Design Ideas You’ll Love
- Lily Flower Tattoos – When it comes to doing lily tattoo designs, you can have a wide variety of designs to choose from. Lily flower tattoos often can be integrated with fairy, swirls, stars, and other baroque stuff. Here are 25 beautiful Lily Flower Tattoo ideas!
- Daisy Tattoo Ideas – Honestly, daisies are one of my all-time favorite flowers, they are just so bright, fun, and full of life. Daisy is a form of flower purely for the female kind and is one of the most versatile tattoos you can wear on your body. The tattoo is highly decorative and comes in different colors and sizes. You can even add a custom design to the tattoos depending on your preferences. With soft petals and humble appearance, it is almost impossible to ignore its fascinating design.
- Flower Tattoo Ideas – When you combine the beauty of a flower with the edginess of a wrist tattoo you have a winning combination for a feminine and unique design. Flower wrist tattoos remain a popular choice for many reasons. Adding to their obvious beauty is the individual meanings of the flowers. Some flowers represent love and friendship, while others have associations of new life and peace. While their personal significance may remain a secret, their beauty can be shared with others.