Inside: Autoclave Tattoo Definition & Purpose.
When deciding which tattoo parlor to pick for your first ever tattoo, it is important to do your research on whether it uses autoclave tattoo sterilization in its tattoo procedures. This is because the tools and equipment used in tattoo parlors may be prone to having a greater percentage of germs and bacteria. If you are getting a tattoo for the very first time, then inquiring about an autoclave tattoo sterilizer is a must – you will be at ease while the procedure takes place.
So, if you wish to learn more about what an autoclave tattoo sterilizer is and how it ensures disinfection of the equipment being used, then read ahead.
Table of Contents
What Is an Autoclave?
Tattoo equipment ranges from needles, tattoo guns, hoses, blades, shears, and even liquid containers. These items can be brimming with a plethora of bacteria – all waiting to enter your body through your skin. This can lead to multiple medical problems such as infections and prolonged skin conditions. For someone who is taking the risk of getting their long-desired tattoo on their arm or body, this can be a pretty big deal.
This is why it is crucial that tattoo artists properly clean and sterilize the tattoo equipment after using it on each customer. This does not just include washing the equipment with medical grade disinfectant and wiping down the external surfaces. It also includes the use of an autoclave that uses pressurized water vapor to clean and disinfect tattoo equipment.
The autoclave tattoo sterilizer resembles a pressure cooker – it has a heat source and a lid that contains all the pressure inside. And, it is to be only used by professionals.
Benefits of an Autoclave Tattoo Sterilizer
With a brief idea of what an autoclave is, let’s have a look at the benefits it has to offer.
- Keeps your facility clean of any bacteria
- Ensures high customer satisfaction – customers like investing in services where they feel safe and receive a high return on investment.
- Reduces the likelihood of cross contamination of bacteria
- Prevents the risk of skin infections and inflammation during the healing and recovery period. This is the most crucial time
- Helps improve your business prospects – a hygienic place to work in also helps ensure employee satisfaction
Does an Autoclave Tattoo Sterilizer Require Additional Components?
A tattoo autoclave sterilizer can be purchased from a reliable retailer that deals with genuine products. Here are a few of the additional products that are used alongside the autoclave tattoo sterilizer and can be purchased online.
- The Speed Clean Autoclave Cleaner – this product is used to wipe down the ultrasonic chambers inside the sterilizer. It can also be used to clean other metal surfaces such as trays.
- Autoclave Cleaner Chamber Brite – you can get this item for $52. It is used in steam sterilizers to clean the tubing, chamber, and reservoir. It also helps prevent the build-up of water inside the chamber.
Why are Autoclave Tattoo Sterilizers a Must Have for Tattoo Artists
For one, the chances of getting a skin infection are close to none after having sterilized tattoo equipment used for your tattoo procedure. Since the tattoo needle and equipment is penetrated deep into the skin – the presence of any bacteria or bodily fluid can cause unwanted repercussions. As a tattoo artist, you definitely do not want that for your customers.
How Long Does It Take For The Autoclave Tattoo Sterilizer To Sterilize Equipment
On average, it requires at least 15 minutes for the tattoo equipment to be fully sterilized. Some tattoo artists sterilize the equipment for up to 30 minutes as well. This is because the autoclave exerts pressure on each part of the equipment. The temperature inside is expected to reach 121 degrees Celsius to attain the best results. Without these key markers, you can expect the tattoo equipment to not be sterilized effectively.
Once the items inside have been sterilized, it is recommended to remove them after 10 to 20 minutes. Keeping the items overnight for sterilization is not advised.
Popular Autoclave Tattoo Sterilizers
Autoclaves can be either manual or automatic. They can come in several sizes and at different price points. The following are some autoclave tattoo sterilizers used by popular tattoo parlors for keeping their equipment bacteria free:
- STATIM autoclave is the leading sterilizer in the market. It has been designed using the latest technology and innovation. This autoclave is the fastest one out there and is Wi-Fi enabled as well. It is even used by health care facilities and practitioners.
- AU410-T – Tattoo Autoclave – the autoclave tattoo sterilizer by this company is made of aluminum and has a mirror polish. It has a capacity of 11 liters and is perfect for sterilizing needles.
- Best reviewed Autoclave – this automatic steam sterilizer has two programmable cycles. The water reservoir capacity is at 18 liters. It is known for its ease of use and is quite durable as well – it can last for years with proper maintenance and car. Thus making it worth the investment. This is what you’re sure to spot in most tattoo parlors.
If you are looking for a place that offers the best tattoo artists in the city and has all the equipment wiped clean using an autoclave tattoo sterilizer, then be sure to do your research by inquiring about it before getting an appointment. For more information and insight into how tattoo parlor operates, visit all our tattoo advice posts.