Inside: How to come up with tattoo ideas + Tips to make the process seamless.
The sudden urge to get inked is something that people go through all the time. You are sitting at home, watching a movie and you see a tattoo on screen and all of a sudden, you get that urge to get a new tattoo on your body.
The tattoo could be on your shoulder, arm, waist, or any body part, but thinking about what to put there can be quite confusing.
While the plan to get a tattoo may be instantaneous, choosing the perfect design to get inked may drain your think tank. In all, you should never rush into getting a tattoo for yourself!\.
Make sure you think it through and get something that truly matters to you – mainly so that you do not miss it later! Take your time, and think your decision through.
Whatever tattoo you choose will remain a permanent part of your body and should be something you can own proudly. If someone tells you that you are overthinking what to get as a tattoo, tell them that you will take your time with it! No need to hurry!
Many people make a hasty decision to get a tattoo and then regret the tattoo that they get! So, you need to ensure that this doesn’t happen to you.
If you want to personalize it, choose whatever suits your personality, and go for it! Many people are worried about how to come up with a tattoo idea; read ahead to find out how to get started.
Things To Consider For Getting Your Perfect Tattoo
Check Out The Portfolio Of Your Artist
The first thing to do is you can visit your artist and ask to see their portfolio. Please go through it and see what your artist specializes in. Observe and try to find inspiration there. If you like the style of some tattoos, you can always incorporate that with your twist.
The portfolio can give you a general idea about what style your artist usually takes up and their strengths. This can help you generate ideas about your tattoo too! You can talk to the tattoo artist so that they can guide you on how to come up with tattoo ideas.
Associate It With Something Important To You
When we say essential, we mean that you can get a tattoo of something important to you for a couple of years. It may pass if it is a new interest, and the only memory of it may be the tattoo on your hand that would not even mean anything to you.
For instance, if you have been passionate about singing for a long time and want to get a musical tattoo, that makes sense. Getting a mic tattooed on your arm after one karaoke night with your friends – Nah, does not bode well for the future.
So, get a tattoo of something meaningful to you.
Come Up with Tattoo Ideas Using A Flicker Of Personalization
If you want a unique tattoo, the best way to do it is by adding your personality to the tattoo. Who you are, what you want from life, and generally anything about you can be integrated into the tattoo.
- Lucky Horseshoe Tattoos
- Palm Tattoo Ideas
- 200+ Beautiful Flower Designs + Ideas
- Our Favorite Animal Tattoo Ideas
Things To Avoid When Thinking Of Ideas
Do Not Make A Hasty Decision
Making a firm decision to get a tattoo can make anyone excited. It can be pretty compelling to rush to the tattoo artist and get your tattoo done, but this is not always the best idea. The tattoo is going to last a long, long time, and you should make sure that it is something that does not make you cringe six months later.
Do Not Obsess Over Being Original
Being original is good, but if you can not come up with an original idea, do not torment yourself with it. You can always get inspiration from different tattoos and add your style to them. That is also a good option if you are stuck due to originality issues.
How To Come Up With Tattoo Ideas Via Inspiration
Looking for some pre-made, perfectly designed tattoo inspiration? Check out some of our favorite ideas that will defiantly get those creative tattoo juices flowing.
Sometimes filtering through other tattoo designs and spark a new idea that will land you on your perfect tattoo masterpiece.
- How to Come Up with Sleeve Tattoo Ideas
- 150+ Zodiac Tattoo Ideas
- What are Decorative Tattoos?
- Pop Art Tattoos
- Artistic Dragon Fly Tattoo Designs
Getting a tattoo can be a gratifying experience that can give you immense pleasure. It will be a part of who you are, whether a tiny teeny heart on your collarbone or a gigantic skull on your arm. Get a tattoo that you can be proud of even years later!
Test Out These Tattoo Products You’ll Love
If you’re still deciding what design you like, check out some of our favorite temporary tattoo designs. Or if you have fresh new ink and need some helpful care products, then we have everything you need below!
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Florals Sheets– Includes two sheets of Watercolor Florals temporary tattoos and designed by Helen Deal. Safe & non-toxic, printed with vegetable-based ink; FDA-compliant and fun for all ages Each tattoo will last 2 – 4 days. Designed by professional artists who get a cut of every sale
- Bright Aftercare All Natural Tattoo Lotion – New tattoos are exciting, but you will experience itchiness and inflammation. To prevent irritation, to speed up your recovery time, and to extend the life and vibrancy of your new tattoo, we recommend using Bright Tattoo – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion. For the best results, you can use it daily to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and extend the time you need between ink touch-ups.
- Temporary Tattoos Watercolor Butterflies Set – Temporary watercolor tattoos are a really fun way to gain the experience of wearing a tattoo without the long-term commitment. The butterfly set of watercolor tattoos is a fan favorite. Have a look at our list of temporary watercolor butterflies set tattoos.
- Disposable Cohesive Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap – Need to cover your new tattoo? Get this self grip wrap! It comes in several different colors and because it has a self grip there is no need for tape. It’s comfortable and can be used in other ways too. Check it out and get some ordered today!